Weird Name Of Wireless In My Area - Fbi_surveillance

• Thread starter LegalGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LegalGrow

LegalGrow

One of our phones wont connect to internet and as I was messing with it I kept seeing a new internet popping up named FBI_Surveillance.

It would come up and then be gone from the list.
What is weird is we are on 10 acres and only have like 3 neighbors.

My guess is one of the neighbors set their wireless name up so no one would try to connect to it, but its still kind of creepy!!

Thoughts??

Dan789

Dan789

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but then thought maybe some dumb FBI IT guy forgot to change the name.. lol.
Have recently been watching ā€œThe Wireā€, when the union official didnā€™t pay his bill, he got a letter stating they couldnā€™t disconnect him... due eventually to a wiretap...

Cheech2020

Cheech2020

That's just ppl naming their Wi-Fi that so ppl want attempt to use it and wigs ppl out. My buddy's Wi-Fi name is like DEA Camera 65 or something like that

J

Johnnykoz

My network names are FBI surveillance van 32 and FBI surveillance van 69. Have been for years. Not sure if it changed anything in my neighborhood, I live in a quiet city. But it does give everyone a chuckle.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My network names are FBI surveillance van 32 and FBI surveillance van 69. Have been for years. Not sure if it changed anything in my neighborhood, I live in a quiet city. But it does give everyone a chuckle.

One of my neighbors when i lived in an apartment in town was FBI surveillance van and a number.

It was you wasnt it? Lol.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
hahaha yeah my little brother gives his wifi all sorts of weird names. FBI Van #2 and all sorts.
Google funny wifi names, quality laughs
Funny until a couple dudes in suits and Ray Bans shows up on your door, asking questions about fraudulent use of govt resources, or some bullshit like that!! :cool:

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
IDK my wifi name atm is "MyCouchPullsOutButIDont" so who knows

You should be fine...J/K its the FBI. Burn the house down and leave in the cover of darkness. If you are in an apartment. Ouch for all those neighbors.

But in all seriousness if you think the FBI is going to name a wireless connection something like that. Put the pipe down. Everyone knows they use ISMI catchers and just intercept all your cell traffic on a fake tower anyways (we all know this I would hope right?)

This is gonna sound cliche but with ALL THE GOD DAMN YOUNGSTERS but for real with the amount of phone screen grabs I see I think there is a real misstep in basic opsec that was practiced (at least by the smart ones) from back in the day. Granted I know a lot of it comes from the decrim and not being as worried anymore of law enforcement but most people don't think about the side of getting ripped off for equipment or plants. That is a very real thing that still happens. Why I never understood people who used Roll it Up when the servers where hosted in fucking NA. This is kind of a rando ramble just something I have noticed is getting more lax over the years and never really said anything about it so figured its 4am and im almost crossed eyed might as well.

G

grassmania22

I get where your concern is coming from, as I am someone who'd check many websites I visit for their compliance to ICO (details here but simply put, I read a lot of privacy notices before I input my personal details). But also I'm someone who has named my wifi "tRoJanVirus1192" so I'd prevent my neighbors from using it. So I guess that's just another case of that. :cool:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I get where your concern is coming from, as I am someone who'd check many websites I visit for their compliance to ICO (details here but simply put, I read a lot of privacy notices before I input my personal details). But also I'm someone who has named my wifi "tRoJanVirus1192" so I'd prevent my neighbors from using it. So I guess that's just another case of that. :cool:

Thats a good one. :-)

fp420

fp420

I'm calling it someones idea of a joke.

In a rural area a 2.4Ghz wifi signal could travel further then in the city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom