Well... Look Who Visited My Grow Yesterday!

• Thread starter Pain Releaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pain Releaf

Let's play.... name that guest! Ugh!

First, let me say I live in Washington and my grow is in a room in the heated but unfinished shop as far as environment.

Ok, about 7 days ago I had a visitor in my grow... one that I might possibly have seen a second time a few days late but that I thsn dismissed as a passing visitor after some further investigation and not seeing any more.
But then all of a sudden yesterday saw he/she and 6 more of it's family members in one 5-hour period!

Being just over 4 weeks into flower in scrog of mature plants in a tray, first crop actually, it was difficult to tell for sure if there's been crop damage yet, though I found at least 2 leaves up front that seemed to indicate there may be.

Also, i had some pest in the room in November/December bbut after 15 or 20 hours of careful inspection back then of the definite crop damage (lights on late in the day cycle over a week-plus time frame), we never found the culprit.
So this definitely might be a hatch of whatever perhaps went dormant back then... which would spell trouble given the sharp rise in numbers.

And being well into flower treatment options may be very limited!

I have put everything I know about this bug so far below along with pictures, though I am no insect guru, just a worried new grower.
Also, after several hours looking through hundreds of photos of almost 200 insects in the Pacific NW, I seem to be no cloaer at all to identifying it (and a very experienced grower here on the site (not from my area of the country though) has never seen it.)

Help, anyone - please!!

Very worried as this is my first crop, have 5 months invested in it and I re
Well look who visited my grow yesterday
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 2
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 3
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 4
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 5
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 6
Well look who visited my grow yesterday 7
ally need this medicine pretty desperately to help me with severe pain and to hopefully trasition off the heavy opiates the pain management doctor has me on.

Thanks for your feedback!

INFO:

Crawler
Doesn't appear to jump or fly
Does raise up in front if prodded
Beetle or cricket-like body with pattern
No obvious pincers in front
Polished orb at tail...could possibly house some type of piercer/borer
So far only seen around/on old wooden door (1930s) cover with insulation on grow room side or coming down or along corner of adjacrnt wall (crawls bertical or horizontal surfaces)
Lack of pincerds makes it unclear if it eats wood.
First seen after drilling hole in door...unclear if related as several seen today for the first time and all were coming along Edgar where wall outside the grow room meets the floor.
Can somewhat successfulmy be caught with sticky paper.

Pics:

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

I suspect these adult beetles were hibernating in your insulation and were aroused by some warm weather, then disappointed to find themselves in your grow cage.
I also suspect you would find fully functional wings below those plates.
Keep catching them, but I wouldn't be too concerned vis a vis your garden.

P

Pain Releaf

Super, thank you! Much appreciated.

Definitely not leaf / plant eaters then Dunge?

Just wanted to be sure. Have an awful lot of time, love and $ (well, by my standards these days anyway) wrapped up in this grow.

Thanks again,
-RL

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hope you will get some relief from the pain..(I did and still do)
Meantime..welcome..;)
Bug feature

dan1989

dan1989

Who doesn't enjoy smoking a few dried beetles mixed with their smoke every now and again?

P

Pain Releaf

Looks like this
Actually I had started checking out the W. Conifer Seed Bug (and a couple others) before but the head comes to a very gradual point. Red eyes though like the Seed Bug - just much larger porportionately to the overall head too.

Most all the Seed Bug genus I've found pics of also have the common tell-tale pattern around the outer edge of the body; this one's markings are only in the center of the back. Really stumping me.

I will add a couple better top-down pics tonight or later today to help with the identification.

Last edited:
P

Pain Releaf

Minute pirate bug a possibility... markings are off and possibly porportions/shape a bit but perhaps a different stage of the life cycle? I'll try to post some size estimations too later to see if that helps, and find more pics of the Minute Pirate Bug to see if that might be it.

Dtae

Dtae

Let's play.... name that guest! Ugh!

First, let me say I live in Washington and my grow is in a room in the heated but unfinished shop as far as environment.

Ok, about 7 days ago I had a visitor in my grow... one that I might possibly have seen a second time a few days late but that I thsn dismissed as a passing visitor after some further investigation and not seeing any more.
But then all of a sudden yesterday saw he/she and 6 more of it's family members in one 5-hour period!

Being just over 4 weeks into flower in scrog of mature plants in a tray, first crop actually, it was difficult to tell for sure if there's been crop damage yet, though I found at least 2 leaves up front that seemed to indicate there may be.

Also, i had some pest in the room in November/December bbut after 15 or 20 hours of careful inspection back then of the definite crop damage (lights on late in the day cycle over a week-plus time frame), we never found the culprit.
So this definitely might be a hatch of whatever perhaps went dormant back then... which would spell trouble given the sharp rise in numbers.

And being well into flower treatment options may be very limited!

I have put everything I know about this bug so far below along with pictures, though I am no insect guru, just a worried new grower.
Also, after several hours looking through hundreds of photos of almost 200 insects in the Pacific NW, I seem to be no cloaer at all to identifying it (and a very experienced grower here on the site (not from my area of the country though) has never seen it.)

Help, anyone - please!!

Very worried as this is my first crop, have 5 months invested in it and I reView attachment 784762 View attachment 784763 View attachment 784764 View attachment 784765 View attachment 784766 View attachment 784767 View attachment 784768 ally need this medicine pretty desperately to help me with severe pain and to hopefully trasition off the heavy opiates the pain management doctor has me on.

Thanks for your feedback!

INFO:

Crawler
Doesn't appear to jump or fly
Does raise up in front if prodded
Beetle or cricket-like body with pattern
No obvious pincers in front
Polished orb at tail...could possibly house some type of piercer/borer
So far only seen around/on old wooden door (1930s) cover with insulation on grow room side or coming down or along corner of adjacrnt wall (crawls bertical or horizontal surfaces)
Lack of pincerds makes it unclear if it eats wood.
First seen after drilling hole in door...unclear if related as several seen today for the first time and all were coming along Edgar where wall outside the grow room meets the floor.
Can somewhat successfulmy be caught with sticky paper.

Pics:
Creepy blood suckers get em'

Planter01

Planter01

It's got stink bug written all over It! If your unsure pick one up with your thumb and forefinger and irritate it a bit. Then smell your fingers. It smells almost as badly as belly button finger. It's an odd smell and I think it's used to discourage predators.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It's got stink bug written all over It! If your unsure pick one up with your thumb and forefinger and irritate it a bit. Then smell your fingers. It smells almost as badly as belly button finger. It's an odd smell and I think it's used to discourage predators.
Think I'll take your word for it..never tried a belly button finger..LMAO

P

Pain Releaf

Guys, again for the record it is not a stink bug. The stink bug we have in our area has a much more slender head than body.

The head on this if you look at the photos just gradually tapers from the round body to the point of the mouth. Nothing at all alike from any of the different genus pics I've seen - or the one's I've seen in person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom