Well Now... Isn't That Interesting?

• Thread starter Jasper Geist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

I've just completed a side by side grow of Mendo-Purple Urkle (multiple MPU grows under my belt) against a Purple Urkle that is being offered by a S. Oregon breeder (who will remain nameless). Both grown with the same organic soil mix and under CMH 315w. I had high hopes for the S. Oregon PU. Both enjoy having an extended veg period of 2 months and a good 10 weeks of flower. Mendo Purp Urkle is a fairly small plant and bushy as hell. Loves being scrogged when indoors. This other PU came in at about 2/3rd the size. Tight nodes and dense flower but smaller yield and had NO WHERE NEAR the color of Nspecta's offerings nor did it have the olfactory goodness. Really good smoke all the same. Just not in the same league. One difference is that the seeds are regular and not feminized. I didn't have any issues with hermes on the CsI offerings this round but I have in the past. Maybe I'm just getting better??? All in all, it was a good and interesting lesson in comparing 'like to like'. I was getting bored with doing the same strain and wanted to try something new. I think it's time to check out some other Purple crosses. I'm thinking Purple Dogbud. Does anyone have any other good recommendations? I'd like to see some more yield but I want the color. Throw your ideas at me!

Edit: When I refer to 'Hermes" I'm basing that term on that I may have gotten a total of 25 or so seeds being produced per 10 plants. Not an actual full blown 'herme" plant. If anything, any of my friends who found a seed ran and popped them lickity split and thanked me later. bastards ;).

Last edited:
Top Bottom