Well This Can’t Be Good

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Bingo... The room was too hot and you didnt have proper co2 levels to hammer nutes that hard..cut it in half.
i thought i was good at 80 to stay under the 85.. what’s optimal to not cause this death to the plant

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
i thought i was good at 80 to stay under the 85.. what’s optimal to not cause this death to the plant
The plant can live at 90... Air exchange and less nutes will help ya i bet

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

yeah i’m switching setup next go round. gonna get air cooled hood and a 1000 hps instead of led and vent it like crazy out the fixture

S

Shawnery

Screw that use the LED fixture I built and you'll be happier than anybody.

People don't talk about this a lot but the strength of your fixture also has a lot to do with how much nude you can run not only CO2.

People would never think of running the EC that I'm running without CO2 but with my light fixtures they grow like hotcakes. I'm running an EC anywhere between 2.4 and 2.0 after water loss. Most people would tell me I'm going to burn the shit out of my plants with an EC that high but nope if I go any lower I start to get deficiencies.

Last edited:
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/samsung-f564b-build-for-5-x-10-grow-room.93109/

Each fixture is stronger than a 500 watt HPS and that's in lumens not in comparison. It's also the same price as building an HPS which means you're going to be spending about half the power. If you're interested and want to know more about it just let me know I'll help you out. Let you know where I got everything the price is all of that.
i’m always in for something new what are those lights ?

S

Shawnery

You would need to copy my build for two lights. Each fixture is equal to a 500hps. You could just follow my build and cut it in half. I have a bunch of electrical connectors I could send you for cheap or you could find others.

S

Shawnery

10 x Samsung F564B 22" strips 250
2 x HLG-320H-48A forget price look on Amazon or ebay
2 connectors for cord to driver
1 x Thermal tape 7.00
1 x 18 gauge black copper 7.00
1 x 18 gauge red copper 7.00
2 x power cords 10.00
10 x 2" x 24" heatsink 75.00

L-channel I forget where I got it from but they are 4 feet each and it takes 3 per fixture.

Truth be told it's a little more than a new hps but a bit more than used but you will save on cost in the long run.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Screw that use the LED fixture I built and you'll be happier than anybody.

People don't talk about this a lot but the strength of your fixture also has a lot to do with how much nude you can run not only CO2.

People would never think of running the EC that I'm running without CO2 but with my light fixtures they grow like hotcakes. I'm running an EC anywhere between 2.4 and 2.0 after water loss. Most people would tell me I'm going to burn the shit out of my plants with an EC that high but nope if I go any lower I start to get deficiencies.
ec?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Another unit of measure like ppm.

Brother, a cheap ppm meter from amazon will save you a bunch of headaches. Give enough water to your plants to have 10-30% runoff so you can measure solution going in and then going out that way it tells you how hot your soil is. For exemple if you give 400ppm to your plants and runoff comes out at 600ppm, you know the water held by your medium is around 800. Some people feed every other watering but I feed less every watering since I know how hot my coco is. With pre amended mix (I’m using cocoloco) I put almost no nutes (400ppm) to my flowering plants and the runoff will come out at 1200ppm. Hope this helps.

Also if you’re not trying to spend big cash or do a diy you could switch to 2 LEC fixtures at 315w each they’ll give you more coverage than a 1000w hps, you’ll have true colors of your plants (better to spot deficiencies), the spectrum is much better than hps and youre only pulling 630w instead of 1000w. If you got cash I’d go with some fancy led quantum boards or cobs. I bought a single ended Chinese hps and it gets the job done but def wish I would’ve bought lec.

Peace

S

Shawnery

I believe my lights are just as good as the ones you've mentioned and and give much better coverage than cobs but that is my opinion thougg they are very comparable to the layout of quantum boards.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Another unit of measure like ppm.

Brother, a cheap ppm meter from amazon will save you a bunch of headaches. Give enough water to your plants to have 10-30% runoff so you can measure solution going in and then going out that way it tells you how hot your soil is. For exemple if you give 400ppm to your plants and runoff comes out at 600ppm, you know the water held by your medium is around 800. Some people feed every other watering but I feed less every watering since I know how hot my coco is. With pre amended mix (I’m using cocoloco) I put almost no nutes (400ppm) to my flowering plants and the runoff will come out at 1200ppm. Hope this helps.

Also if you’re not trying to spend big cash or do a diy you could switch to 2 LEC fixtures at 315w each they’ll give you more coverage than a 1000w hps, you’ll have true colors of your plants (better to spot deficiencies), the spectrum is much better than hps and youre only pulling 630w instead of 1000w. If you got cash I’d go with some fancy led quantum boards or cobs. I bought a single ended Chinese hps and it gets the job done but def wish I would’ve bought lec.

Peace
do the 315 put out less heat than one hps ? yeah i ordered the one ended hps with the vented reflector from amazon for 300 canadian... i have tent in basement and i want to keep it cool with the one inline 6 inch fan and carbon filter pulling through the fixture as even with the two chinese 1000 watt led it got to 80... i’ve sincere jacked up the fan and go it to 77... just not sure if those 315’s say cold enough just venting the tent

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

do the 315 put out less heat than one hps ? yeah i ordered the one ended hps with the vented reflector from amazon for 300 canadian... i have tent in basement and i want to keep it cool with the one inline 6 inch fan and carbon filter pulling through the fixture as even with the two chinese 1000 watt led it got to 80... i’ve sincere jacked up the fan and go it to 77... just not sure if those 315’s say cold enough just venting the tent
I don’t think there is anything wrong with 80 degres and I don’t think you’re burning your plants imo your problem comes from nutrients. The ppm meter will tell you.

I forgot you were in a 4x4. One 315w lec would do the job, although you wouldn’t pull as much weight, your temps will be lower.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I would caution you about putting a 1000w HPS in a 4x4x6 tent. I would almost guarantee you will have heat issues. IMO a 600w would be more than adequate for that space. I haven’t used the 315 but I do believe they run cooler.

S

Shawnery

My fixtures would work with heat and yield!;)

I would also be more than willing to wall you through it.

I even have extra, top notch, electrical connectors I could send you.

I just really think it's the perfect option. It would fill your room wall to wall. You could even design it, width and length, the way you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom