wet material for oil

• Thread starter nickcapuano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

I live in michigan and have a medical card for MJ. We have a patient/caregiver system that allows a caregiver to have 12 plants per patient and 2.5 oz of dried usable material.
I am my own caregiver and have no other patients so the 12/2.5oz is my limit.

My problem is that when plants are ready to harvest, i will be over my limit when things dry.

My question is - can i make oil from wet/fresh material? i have searched and not found much info on it. I think i saw a post maybe by hashmasta-kut that wet product causes freezing in the tube. Has anyone tried this, what are the results? Are there any other methods i can use with fresh/wet material to make oil? are there any other methods of using wet material to make hash or other usable products?

thanks in advance.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I live in michigan and have a medical card for MJ. We have a patient/caregiver system that allows a caregiver to have 12 plants per patient and 2.5 oz of dried usable material.
I am my own caregiver and have no other patients so the 12/2.5oz is my limit.

My problem is that when plants are ready to harvest, i will be over my limit when things dry.

My question is - can i make oil from wet/fresh material? i have searched and not found much info on it. I think i saw a post maybe by hashmasta-kut that wet product causes freezing in the tube. Has anyone tried this, what are the results? Are there any other methods i can use with fresh/wet material to make oil? are there any other methods of using wet material to make hash or other usable products?

thanks in advance.

No, but you might check out Jump117 on IC Magazine forum, who has a QWISO process for making amber 15 minutes after cutting.

You might consider setting up for a continuous harvest, so that you harvest one or two plants a month and replace them in flower, with plants from a separate pre-veg room.

You might also consider a partial harvest. Selective harvest limbs from the top half of the plant and let the bottom half fill out some more from the added light before harvesting the bottom. That will stagger your harvest from early to late, so you have more time to cure material.

I have processed tons of donated wet leaf material and usually spread in on screens to lose most of its moisture and finish it off on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200F. I just keep them stirred and take them out of the oven when they are just frangible, as I roll them between my finger and thumb. You can actually oven dry wet leaf straight from the plant, but it takes forever.

I then scrub them through a pasta strainer to pulverize and remove the stems. I then jar or Ziploc bag up the dry material, to keep it from picking up more moisture from the atmosphere until I can use it in a process.

If you are using it for concentrates, unless you relish savoring all the flavor subtleties afforded by aging, it will still work well and actually uniformly rated damn tasty by our volunteer test panels.

You didn’t say what you are medicating for, but the stems and leaves are higher in CBD and CBN by ratio to THC. Not as euphoric, but they produces both pain relief and sedation for sleep.

I have used extracted concentrates extensively for oral and topical meds that are damn effective and don’t smell, look, or taste like marijuana. Way easier to store, as well as transport and use in public without bruising anyone’s tender sensibilities.

GW

D

Donk Frog

Sorry Gray but your wrong there...:fighting0040:
I just whipped up a kick ass batch of oil using wet fresh trim:bong-hits:, bomb ass and better then when dry but less yeild...for pics

Here is a post by Hashmasta kut
the long complicated answer to that question is that yes you do run a mild risk of the end cap shooting off running wet stuff if you get an ice clot effect, but a metal safety screen will stop that. but regardless of this which wont happen if you dont stuff the tube really full i think, there is a benefit to extracting from wet fresh trim a reliable source informed me once. it is apparently the case that although running it like that yields only poorly, the oil is much more golden and light colored and tasty than oil made from dry trim, by far. i havent tested it, but thats the story. interesting..

C

Captain ChroniK

Frog and Hashmasta are right!

When using wet trim u get less contaminations in your end-product.
The only downside is you get a lil less oil out of it but theres a trick for that 2.. :hi:
Put ya (chopped up) wet trim in the freezer for half an hour before making your oil!

Greets

Graywolf

Graywolf

Sorry Gray but your wrong there...:fighting0040:
I just whipped up a kick ass batch of oil using wet fresh trim:bong-hits:, bomb ass and better then when dry but less yeild...for pics

Here is a post by Hashmasta kut

My wording was poor. My "no" was meant to state that I personally had never done it.

I'm embarassed to say that I have blown a few columns, but for reasons other than fresh trim.

Thanks for the insight. I will add fresh material BHO extraction to my research list, alongside Jumps ISO technique that I have been wanting to try.

GW

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
another reliable source told me they ran fresh wet buds, and the flavors yielded were more intense than possible using the same weed dried out completely. very low yields again tho.

Graywolf

Graywolf

another reliable source told me they ran fresh wet buds, and the flavors yielded were more intense than possible using the same weed dried out completely. very low yields again tho.

I can see why they would be more intense.

Any special techniques required or caveats beyond blowing a column?

GW

E

ent

Frog and Hashmasta are right!

When using wet trim u get less contaminations in your end-product.
The only downside is you get a lil less oil out of it but theres a trick for that 2.. :hi:
Put ya (chopped up) wet trim in the freezer for half an hour before making your oil!

Greets

this advice is also applicable to ice water extraction.

D

Donk Frog

Just run it like a regular butane run, pack even...mabee add a metal 120u screen to prevent blowout in addion to your reg filter process, I got about 60% of what I would dry, way lighter color and after treating HMK way, it hardened to rock hard almost white (crack lookin) but smell of the purple wreck it was made from MEGA

Graywolf

Graywolf

Just run it like a regular butane run, pack even...mabee add a metal 120u screen to prevent blowout in addion to your reg filter process, I got about 60% of what I would dry, way lighter color and after treating HMK way, it hardened to rock hard almost white (crack lookin) but smell of the purple wreck it was made from MEGA

Thanks! I'll try that.

GW

N

nickcapuano

I'm glad to hear i can make it work. this will help me stay within the limits.

i am staggering the plants and cycling but if one plant has a few ounces on it, i can make oil with some and dry selected parts.

Thanks for the input!! much appreciated!!

Top Bottom