What’s Going On Here

• Thread starter CALI FARMER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For your hardwater nutrients, I would use RO and bring it up to 200-300ppm with calmag. Who knows what's in your tap water.

C

CALI FARMER

For your hardwater nutrients, I would use RO and bring it up to 200-300ppm with calmag. Who knows what's in your tap water.
Yeah that’s what I read hear earlier today. The only thing is v+b already has calcium in it. everyone who seen the pictures I posted believe it’s a calcium issue. so I’m afraid to add more and get some sort of lockout or something. I was using 1.5ml of calmag but not to raise the EC

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The thing is hardwater specific nutrients have way less calcium in them to account for the calcium in the starting water. If it was a regular nutrient I would say for sure just use that, skip the cal mag. But for hardwater nutrients you need to either use hard water, or add calcium.

All that said, again I think you have too much calcium in the soil. So you could even probably feed the hardwater nute for a few feedings with just RO. Then bump it to 200ppm.

C

CALI FARMER

The last feeding I did was 4.gs V+B, 0.2 Life with no calmag. @1.5ec [email protected] and she’s looking better and even grown a little it’s 13” tall and been topped 2 times now. Next I don’t know if I should try to make it a mother or take a few cuttings and flower. I know, I probably should of put her in coco or soil to make her a mother. Has anyone kept a mother in rockwool? I’m using rockwool chunks btw. Thanks again Farmers

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

The last feeding I did was 4.gs V+B, 0.2 Life with no calmag. @1.5ec [email protected] and she’s looking better and even grown a little it’s 13” tall and been topped 2 times now. Next I don’t know if I should try to make it a mother or take a few cuttings and flower. I know, I probably should of put her in coco or soil to make her a mother. Has anyone kept a mother in rockwool? I’m using rockwool chunks btw. Thanks again Farmers
Take some cuttings and after there rooted flip plant to flower. More than one cutting for mother in case anything messes up, then keep the best one.

I’d keep it in soil. I do dwc but my mothers in soil

C

CALI FARMER

Take some cuttings and after there rooted flip plant to flower. More than one cutting for mother in case anything messes up, then keep the best one.

I’d keep it in soil. I do dwc but my mothers in soil
When I take my cuttings, do I take them from the bottom? I never cloned before. I have the general idea on how to do it. I’ll be using the 1.5 rockwool cubes, clone x and a propagation dome.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When I take my cuttings, do I take them from the bottom? I never cloned before. I have the general idea on how to do it. I’ll be using the 1.5 rockwool cubes, clone x and a propagation dome.
I would, especially since you are going to flower it out.

couple little tips, when cutting it off the plant cut it longer than you want. Then make a fresh cut while holding the stem under water to ensure no air gets into the stem, and cut it about 1/8"-1/4" below a node. The nodes are where the undifferentiated cells are that sprout roots, so you want at least one node "in" the rooting cube.

Also, for first time taking clones I would recommend using peat pucks over rockwool as they can be a bit more forgiving. But I'm sure you'll have success either way you go. Cloning is pretty simple. I like using peat pucks hydrated with water that has a little B1 and Wilson's rooting gel mixed into it for the fungicide content.

Last edited:
C

CALI FARMER

I would, especially since you are going to flower it out.

couple little tips, when cutting it off the plant cut it longer than you want. Then make a fresh cut while holding the stem under water to ensure no air gets into the stem, and cut it about 1/8"-1/4" below a node. The nodes are where the undifferentiated cells are that sprout roots, so you want at least one node "in" the rooting cube.

Also, for first time taking clones I would recommend using peat pucks over rockwool as they can be a bit more forgiving. But I'm sure you'll have success either way you go. Cloning is pretty simple. I like using peat pucks hydrated with water that has a little B1 and Wilson's rooting gel mixed into it for the fungicide content.
I really don’t want to flower this plant because I had such a hard time finding a seed of this strain it’s 1 of my favorites. The only reason why I feel I have to flower is because it’s in rockwool. I should of put it in coco or soil but that’s what I had at the moment. Thanks for the good cloning tips, I’ll keep them in mind. I’ll do 1/2 my clones in rockwool the other in peat pucks. For now I’m gathering all my supplies and materials to get a 2nd tent going for flowering. I’m thinking of getting another 4x4x80” tent, putting a 3x3 botanicare tray and do a top feed dtw in 6” rockwool blocks. I’m also searching for a new light for vegging and mother plants any suggestions? Just remember this is my 1st grow so I can’t afford crazy expensive lights.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I really don’t want to flower this plant because I had such a hard time finding a seed of this strain it’s 1 of my favorites. The only reason why I feel I have to flower is because it’s in rockwool. I should of put it in coco or soil but that’s what I had at the moment. Thanks for the good cloning tips, I’ll keep them in mind. I’ll do 1/2 my clones in rockwool the other in peat pucks. For now I’m gathering all my supplies and materials to get a 2nd tent going for flowering. I’m thinking of getting another 4x4x80” tent, putting a 3x3 botanicare tray and do a top feed dtw in 6” rockwool blocks. I’m also searching for a new light for vegging and mother plants any suggestions? Just remember this is my 1st grow so I can’t afford crazy expensive lights.

T5HO, like a sunblaster nanotech. They work great, you can get a single 36" with reflector for like $30-40. Ideally use a couple for veg if possible. Add more as you can afford them.

C

CALI FARMER

T5HO, like a sunblaster nanotech. They work great, you can get a single 36" with reflector for like $30-40. Ideally use a couple for veg if possible. Add more as you can afford them. I was looking at the quantum badboy T5 4, 4 bulb or 6 bulb. I also see this 1

525DBED2 C9BD 47F5 90E4 A376EB7F0699

Latest posts

Top Bottom