What’s Going On With This Plant?

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I also think its potassium related. Looks like a combo of potassium and Iron def. Could be caused by an overconcentration of calcium from overfeeding. Could also just be light stress from your light being too close.

I would raise the light to 18", flush out the soil with water until ppm is below 1ec, then recharge with a balanced nutrient at about 1.2ec.

Also, I hate to say this but since you're using promix... Check for root aphids.
When you see issues on a couple plants but not others, often there is a soil born pest to blame.

Dan789

Dan789

Was going to mention bugs also as a potential, first check is the underside of the affected leaves with loop to rule that out??? In that last plant pic, the pistils have a thick, mutated look... but could just be the result of light stress or heat stress, or mean nothing and just strain dependent...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Promix (promix hp particularly) is extremely easy to use if you know the ph and ec everytime you water. ( synthetic based nutrients)

I use Promix with a little composted manure, wood ashes, and slow release general fertilizer and use mostly 20-20-20in 5-6 gallon buckets and have never had a problem in 30+ years. I typically fertilize every 10-14 days or as needed. I never really checked my Ph as I never had any problems. I water once daily with 1-1.5 gallon tap water (great water locally with enough minerals to prevent problems). As I mentioned, Promix has never let me down or caused any problems, except not holding enough water, especially towards the end and depending on strain. I put a catch basin under the ones that need more water and it allows them to take up the excess overnight.

brownred

brownred

How are the plants doing now? IMO looks like a mag def. I’d flush and top dress with dolomite lime

They turned out great. I’ve determined it was light burn/scorched. The light intensity was turned up way to high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom