Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

What Am I Doing Wrong? Getting Waxy Dry Oil

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by mikeb437, Sep 12, 2018.

1. I’m not sure if my temperatures are too high or what but every time I make oil it’s turning into a waxy dried up substance rather than some nice shatter. Can anybody give me some help or advice?

F100F73E-4173-4A04-BD5F-AC50E502CD74.jpeg
    45B52608-10EA-41B6-ADE3-88991A8DF306.jpeg
  2. Definitely looks

3. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

What temp? Are you using a rosin press?

4. I kinda like it like that myself lol.

JWM2 likes this.
  5. Bho. Vac purged it in double boiler. I’m not sure what temperature it was at. I was just trying to keep the oil molten so that I would get a reaction in the vac chamber. Every time I would turn the heat lower the oil would harden up too much and nothing would happen. I can still taste a little butane in here So I know it isn’t clean but I do not want this stuff turning into golden crumble. I’m trying to make shatter

6. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

Ahh ok. I have no experience with that. I’m sure others do tho. I can help with rosin but that’s about it. Kudos.

UncleRomulus likes this.
  7. Rosin is the tits man. So much flave

JWM2 likes this.
  8. Ive tried rosin with a curling iron. I found it very hard to Collect the oil off the paper. Naturally i was doing very small buds. And getting small amounts of oil. I need to get out of the butane oil though

9. Temps to high at some point in the extraction and purge if not throughout the entire process. Still looks good tho I’d dab the hell out of that

UncleRomulus and McNaughty like this.