What Am I Doing Wrong? Getting Waxy Dry Oil

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

This is why I never bothered with BHO. Sooo complicated. Pressing rosin is simple. Only two factors, heat and pressure. Have you tried making rosin, you might like it more? I was extracting better than 25% from the right strains. That's comparable to BHO from what I understand of the process.

I'm not a hater. Dabbed a lot of great BHO. But i've made rosin that is stronger than 90% of the BHO I've dabbed.

Good luck brother. What you've made so far looks pretty good to me (reminds me of the low temp 170F rosin I make). Toke up!

on the rosin

Dbear180

Dbear180

Love me some budders. I dont like shatter at all, I despise handling it.
20180516 062918
20180204 114024

G

Greensmash

To avoid the waxes being extracted you need to work with as cold material and equipment as possible. I'm assuming you're open blasting so investing in a tube with a jacket that you can fill with dry ice and iso mix is a good idea. Freezing your extraction tubes is a must. The butane is important but not the biggest deal. I've gotten golden clear shatter using 5x butane. The main key to your final consistency is your purging process. A double boiler method works but will usually lead to crumble because of the high and uncontrollable temperature. I really recommend a vacuum oven if you're aiming for a nice shatter. That way you can control your temps to keep it low and like @Kfos said, it can take 24 hours to fully purge. You can get most of the butane out just in a heated pan but to get everything out it should be in a vac oven for 12-24 hours with a flip in between.
Can you recommend a good vac oven that comes with a proper vacumn?

Top Bottom