what are all you basement growers doing now that big biz moved in?

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Some posts remind me of a guy who was recently banned...with that negative, abrasive, sarcastic, know-it-all mentality.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Cause 90% I people that get pulled over just lit up or have it in their glovebox. There are right ways and wrong ways of doing things, but lumping all people bud related in the same field is ludacris... Or assuming they all have the same intentions or brain capacity.

3gb

Fish, I commend you bro. Rare fish around these parts. It seems encouragement comes only to the miserable and those with followings around here. I'm not phased.

Take care bro! Everyone else, my nugs > your nugs. Lmao

3gb
No one is really discouraging all that much. You put your theory out there some see things differently and responded so.
When you say.. 90% of people who get pulled over have just lit up, now thats just not true. as well as saying everybody is smoking I got lots of friends who don't use...Sounds like lumping to me...
And yes their are many ways to do things, we all have our ways, you like the rest are breaking the law and could get in trouble.
We are just saying it may not go as planned so don't count your chickens before they are hatched.......
There is lots of encouragement here just because some see things different don't mean disrespect..
Sometimes you will get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Some posts remind me of a guy who was recently banned...with that negative, abrasive, sarcastic, know-it-all mentality.
and your referring to who???
come on you.ve done your share as well...
Takes two to tango...

3grambowl

I got banned from IC mag awhile ago for asking a simple question and I got treated like shit from everyone so it's probably me. I've tried a few different sites but found this one when I was referred by the dispensary I got some clones at, said there were some pix of them on this site. Chicken man, I understand what you are saying but at the same time I still feel like you have a discouragement attitude. I really just want to do what I want to do and try my best. I know you aren't my parents or anything so not expecting a hug, but I look at it as my day job. If someone comes into my town in the same business, of course I don't want him to cause that's another person doing what I'm doing. And I get that, but it doesn't discourage me. I feel it's motivation cause at the end of the day if people already doing it are trying to get other people to not that means there is defenitly profit or interests in mind. Thanks
3gb

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I got banned from IC mag awhile ago for asking a simple question and I got treated like shit from everyone so it's probably me. I've tried a few different sites but found this one when I was referred by the dispensary I got some clones at, said there were some pix of them on this site. Chicken man, I understand what you are saying but at the same time I still feel like you have a discouragement attitude. I really just want to do what I want to do and try my best. I know you aren't my parents or anything so not expecting a hug, but I look at it as my day job. If someone comes into my town in the same business, of course I don't want him to cause that's another person doing what I'm doing. And I get that, but it doesn't discourage me. I feel it's motivation cause at the end of the day if people already doing it are trying to get other people to not that means there is defenitly profit or interests in mind. Thanks
3gb
Don't feel bad bro, were all in this together...And were all different...
Do what you feel is right, follow your heart and dreams , I believe I have said that before, also there is as you probably know way more to life than weed....PRIORTY FISHING!!!!....
Really though, don't take all this too seriously or allow discouragement, if its meant to be it will happen, never know till you try.
Were just saying all this has been done before and to some it just gets old.....
LOL I got banned from IC and all posts removed really pissed em off because I posted about the good life and not so much weed shit.....
Great site hang around check out some other interesting threads besides the weed action.....

putembk

putembk

Just spent the last 20 min or so reading this thread. Amusing. Same shit as I was reading a few years ago. Nothing has changed for me except I have made a few new grower friends to share war stories and talk shop with. Going to another grower get together tonight ironically. I couldn't he happier....making new friends and moving it as fast as I can produce it.
Be well all....if you want continue to fight amongst yourselves thats ok...meanwhile I am so happy I can't stand myself.

putembk

putembk

Its all moving into the hands of each personal smoker. I have personally helped at least a dozen friends get set up since the legalization. That's why I grow for my dome anymore
I hear ya, but how many of those friends will still be growing in a year???? Less than 30% I would be willing to bet. I know this is second nature to some but it is college calculus to most. It takes a special kind of person to be able to grow high quality marijuana. Don't believe me....go and hang out at the nearest grow store and watch the "DOG AND PONY" show unfold right before your eyes. lol

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Nah these guys will kill it. And if not they'll still think their shit is best. Nature of the beast.

Havent been to a grow shop in ages man.

putembk

putembk

Nah these guys will kill it. And if not they'll still think their shit is best. Nature of the beast.

Havent been to a grow shop in ages man.
I get most of my supplies on line but some things (soil) is to expensive when it comes to shipping. As far as helping others. Fine! You should move into consulting! I have had several ask how but so far not one person has even bought a light. You and I really don't make a living out of growing so I don't think it will affect at least me. Quit showing your friends how to grow and it probably won't affect you that much either as the will still need the product you supply. Now, if your only income depends on moving your product, you might not want the competitive atmosphere.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well, I will say two things:
1. You can't throw a rock in Colorado without hitting a grow house. And 90% is [less than great] weed. It can be frustrating to hear all the misinformation being slung also. In the end it's all about attitude. We pot growers used to be our own little clique, but that clique is now mainstream.
Imagine how the early hip-hop artists have felt over the years watching their idea get perverted and commercialized.

2. It has not been hard to catch a buzz in Colorado for a loooong time. If you are being offered a bowl/joint/vape pen less than 10 times a day, you're hanging out at the courthouse...

putembk

putembk

Agreed with everything you say AF but one thing is constant. Most pot is sub-par. Was at the pot party I spoke of last night. This was a group of mostly commercial growers that do this for a living. Some were just getting off work and some has to go to work. Most that I talked to don't cure, use a fricken machine to trim and are under the gun constantly to get product to market. Sorry (being as humble as I can) I grow better pot than that. If you are in a situation where you can be totally anal regarding trimming and curing and you have good genetics you will produce a better overall product. Don't get me wrong commercial growers certainly have the know how they just don't have the luxury of time and are chasing the all mighty dollar. The dank is in the details and the market in Colorado doesn't have time.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Agreed with everything you say AF but one thing is constant. Most pot is sub-par. Was at the pot party I spoke of last night. This was a group of mostly commercial growers that do this for a living. Some were just getting off work and some has to go to work. Most that I talked to don't cure, use a fricken machine to trim and are under the gun constantly to get product to market. Sorry (being as humble as I can) I grow better pot than that. If you are in a situation where you can be totally anal regarding trimming and curing and you have good genetics you will produce a better overall product. Don't get me wrong commercial growers certainly have the know how they just don't have the luxury of time and are chasing the all mighty dollar. The dank is in the details and the market in Colorado doesn't have time.
Way sub par compared to what in your basement...You enjoy it as a hobby, can spend the time to grow, dry and cure. Your grow from what I've tasted is about as top shelf as it gets, your cure is perfected.
am catching on with dry, and cure, way better for me each batch.
Really do however got the trim pro rotor working well. If you have the right nuggies and don't over trim, dry correctly it works very well and in a few years will pay for itself...

3grambowl

I've only been growing for about two years but putting quality basement time and delicacy and a trim rotor don't go hand in hand in my eyes. So if it's about good herb better than avg I've seen here I'm not concerned one bit.
3gb

Mogrow

Mogrow

Just spent the last 20 min or so reading this thread. Amusing. Same shit as I was reading a few years ago. Nothing has changed for me except I have made a few new grower friends to share war stories and talk shop with. Going to another grower get together tonight ironically. I couldn't he happier....making new friends and moving it as fast as I can produce it.
Be well all....if you want continue to fight amongst yourselves thats ok...meanwhile I am so happy I can't stand myself.
the voice of reason. glad to hear you're living the dream putembk. grower get together sounds like a hoot/enjoy.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've only been growing for about two years but putting quality basement time and delicacy and a trim rotor don't go hand in hand in my eyes. So if it's about good herb better than avg I've seen here I'm not concerned one bit.
3gb
Snip snip snip away...live to snip another day...LOL, never fucking ends..... tired of snipping away...real pain in the ass
Love my Trim Pro rotor....Once you figure it out it really works well.
Was very skeptical at first after using for 2 summer harvests am sold.
Still a lot of snipping to do right....But way less fer sure...

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So that trim pro doesn't throw the nugz around and get super Sti cky ? Can you atleast clean it easy and use that?

W

WAkuntry

I trim some of it....throw some of it in a trimmer....and some of it I dry for months and crumble for the dry sift and oils. Bunch of ways too skin a cat. Good bad or ugly one way or another them cannabinoids are getting in ma system. As far as the basement question goes.......

I got a bigger basement. HAHAHAHA. Nah im kidding ive yet too see any impact on the black market...mmmm....in fact my prices ticked up a bit...im diggin all them kats down in the mountains they buy my shit up faster then anyone ever did around here..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So that trim pro doesn't throw the nugz around and get super Sti cky ? Can you atleast clean it easy and use that?
Not too bad at all. after a few hours clean blade, really don't loose much stickiness.
I've found that if you nug it up, run it just right amount of time, place in drying racks at 50 deg. 50 humidity, roll nugs around every couple days or so to break off leaves not over trimmed, that slow dry and gentle rolling makes nugs harder and the only issue is the small stemlet that can be snipped off.
Takes practice to get it down.
Even small popcorn nugs trim up nice and that can add weight...
folks are really impressed with the end product no complaints ever...

Latest posts

Top Bottom