what are all you basement growers doing now that big biz moved in?

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGkushistein

OGkushistein

thats whats up 3gram keep killing it man but just remember when the piggies roll through you better not be so quik to talk like you do here ....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Not too bad at all. after a few hours clean blade, really don't loose much stickiness.
I've found that if you nug it up, run it just right amount of time, place in drying racks at 50 deg. 50 humidity, roll nugs around every couple days or so to break off leaves not over trimmed, that slow dry and gentle rolling makes nugs harder and the only issue is the small stemlet that can be snipped off.
Takes practice to get it down.
Even small popcorn nugs trim up nice and that can add weight...
folks are really impressed with the end product no complaints ever...
50 degrees nice!!!o_O
I'm starting to consider one because to many of my even older then me farmer buddies are getting bad arthritis and there hands are getting that big knuckle thing going on and their hands are getting shakyer and shakyer ......I felt it as inevitable but maybe not if these machines are getting better.....
Beats trying to breed fan leafless buds :wtf:

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

@3grambowl Aren't landlords always chill to start?
Yeah, then all of a sudden (a little while after you get all your shit moved in) "I'm taking a huge risk here....I'm going to need $$$".

Z

Z-ro

The funniest part about this whole thing is all the people with 4 lighters they haven't even set up yet thinking they can grow better than a person that's been running 50 lights for the last 10 years, that are finally getting the opportunity to come out of the shadows and do 'legal, permitted' grows. That is funny to me...

3grambowl

People with 50 lights have something called overhead bro. They need to crop. Regardless if mites or quality, families gotta eat if you are rocking 50 lights. Where as us "basement growers" can boutique style work about quality, cause when it's said and done it's in my basement. Something already factored into my real life bills. I don't have to pull at certain days or keep shit going regardless, that is what huge dudes depending on it do. I'm not talking benzos and huge 60k trucks like most greedy fucks here think they "deserve". I just want good good dank, and that is why it'll be better than some joe with a repped name who has a wife wonderin where the mortgage check is cause aphids took his profit away. Do shit smart life anything is possible, but any fool can dream too. It's been shown here, co and these forums

3gbz

Canappa

Canappa

Here's my basement NFT gutters,it now runs a 4k setup, can support 24 plants, built it from scratch myself tested and ran for over 10yrs. making some minor changes but its as simple as its gets.Built the whole set up for 2bills...
IMG2011

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I get most of my supplies on line but some things (soil) is to expensive when it comes to shipping. As far as helping others. Fine! You should move into consulting! I have had several ask how but so far not one person has even bought a light. You and I really don't make a living out of growing so I don't think it will affect at least me. Quit showing your friends how to grow and it probably won't affect you that much either as the will still need the product you supply. Now, if your only income depends on moving your product, you might not want the competitive atmosphere.

Never did it for the money and you know that. Havent sold even a gram in a bit. Consultation...heres some dirt and some beans.... now have at it. Aint that hard mang. Got my retirement in my back pocket already so this is all for the fun of it. The second it becomes work im hittin da beach mon!

3grambowl

Man what I would give to go back to the beach! Kind of hard nowadays, got in a pretty bad wreck a few years ago, been on wheels since. Can't complain with scenery though!
3gb

P

Pimples

So you small time operators doing this for a little extra cash feeling the pinch yet? Iam in Michigan and its still just medical and patients flip flop all over for cheaper prices. Quality be damned. Alot of poop
Alot of fire and all in betweem in my town
Zips for 150 or less no matter how good it is.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Commercial level growers can't grow worth a crap, so no struggle over here

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

So you small time operators doing this for a little extra cash feeling the pinch yet? Iam in Michigan and its still just medical and patients flip flop all over for cheaper prices. Quality be damned. Alot of poop
Alot of fire and all in betweem in my town
Zips for 150 or less no matter how good it is.
I think market saturation in this state required new products, better quality and consistency. Michigan doesn't require testing so it's not exactly an easy comparison.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Commercial level growers can't grow worth a crap, so no struggle over here
It's impossible to upscale quality? If you were given the keys to a commercial operation, would you also not be able to grow worth a crap? I've never understood this attitude that larger gardens are impossible to grow good flowers. It just doesn't make sense to me, but I guess this thread could use a lively digital phallic measuring competition.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I've ran at the commercial level before this became REAL commercial. I'm not saying all commercial growers grow like crap but a large majority do. It's a whole new game when you grow thousands of plants. You ever seen PM or Bugs on that scale? My point is go look at all the commercial level people Failing when it comes to testing. Colorado, Orgeon have all had so many issues, California is next and it won't be any different here IMO.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I've ran at the commercial level before this became REAL commercial. I'm not saying all commercial growers grow like crap but a large majority do. It's a whole new game when you grow thousands of plants. You ever seen PM or Bugs on that scale? My point is go look at all the commercial level people Failing when it comes to testing. Colorado, Orgeon have all had so many issues, California is next and it won't be any different here IMO.
Yes, I have seen large MMC grows and I fail to understand your 'REAL' commercial phrase unless you are mentioning but not really mentioning the grey area, diversion or something like that. I'd rather stay away from the quasi-legal what-ifs.

What exactly do you mean and what are you saying by the bolded, and what are you implying? Perhaps provide an example of what you are talking about because I are confuse.

P

Pimples

Some of the best smoke ive partaken was from huge outdoor and greenhouse grown plants. And a friend ran a 30 lighter small warehouse for years of nothing but sfv and tahoe. I dont understand when people say big ops cant grow top shelf buds.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

All I'm really saying is many large grows have below par growers and end up with bug issues or what not and start spray nasty chemicals to stop their problems. I do understand it's more difficult at that level with high plant numbers to control problems. Look at the Colorado commercial seen when things got started, lots of quarantined plants because of nasty chemicals used.

P

Pimples

First off..its relative. I mean..really. What constitutes a "big" commercial operation? How many lights? If your growing in a certain sized greenhouse or warehouse? I know quite a few "commercial" growers with 4 or 8 lamps in thier basement.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

All I'm really saying is many large grows have below par growers and end up with bug issues or what not and start spray nasty chemicals to stop their problems. I do understand it's more difficult at that level with high plant numbers to control problems. Look at the Colorado commercial seen when things got started, lots of quarantined plants because of nasty chemicals used.
Then you should post what you are really trying to say instead of being passive aggressive.

I will go ahead and make the claim that you are not familiar with Colorado's testing policies for MMC's and the related regulations regarding banned pesticides and their use.

Personally, I would rather see plants quarantined when they are found to have illegal pesticides rather than allow that grower to sell that flower on the open market without having to disclose it to his customers. I don't view medical marijuana patients as users or customers, so I have no problem with patient protections like this. The flip side of the coin is that there is most definitely over-regulation, but there are always going to be bad apples.

Are they still letting rando growers sell chemical laden pest infested herb to dispensaries? I mean, I saw it at harborside on tv so it must be happening everywhere at every location all the time right?

@Pimples, in Colorado, retail facilities are called medical marijuan centers, and they have vertical integration. There are off premise grows, and medically infused kitchens that are also regulated. All of these locations are subject to MMED oversight, so your minor quibble of what is big or not doesn't matter. When you are talking hundreds of patients, I am not sure there is such a thing in Colorado as a 'small' commercial operation. I don't think 'small' operations have the capital to open and compete and pay to play like the chains with their deep pockets. People who don't have the money to register and open themselves up to the state are playing with fire. I'd say it's no longer the old west here in colorado, considering you can get your 'medical' card in california for 'anxiety'. I think cali has taken that title now.

Look at the differences between the language regulating COlorado versus California, and then tell me if you think your state or my state is more likely to have issues with pesticides etc.

Statute: California Health and Safety Code 11362.765, Medical Marijuana Program "MMP" Act

Dispensaries Authorized: Marijuana patients and primary caregivers can collectively or cooperatively cultivate marijuana.
Agency Administering Licenses: California State Board of Equalization (BOE)

Licenses Available: Must obtain a seller's permit.

Relevant Regulations:

• Only non-profit cooperatives and collectives are allowed.
  • Cooperatives must obtain a business license and a seller's permit.
  • When distributing marijuana, cooperatives/collectives can only provide it free to members, distribute it in exchange for services that members provide to the collective or co-op, charge fees that are reasonably calculated to cover only overhead and operating expenses, or any combination of the above.
  • Marijuana transactions are subject to sales tax.
Statute: Colorado Revised Statutes 18-18-406.3

Dispensaries Authorized: Yes

Agency Administering Licenses: Colorado Department of Revenue, Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED)

Licenses Available: (1) retail stores; (2) cultivation facilities; (3) testing facilities; (4) manufacturers of edibles and other finished goods; see Business License Application Process - Retail Marijuana for more details.

Relevant Regulations:

• Providers must apply for a city Medical Marijuana Business license and a state license from the State Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division.
  • All shops must have a security camera pointed at the cash register so that it can record "the customer(s) and employee(s) facial features with sufficient clarity to determine identity."
  • Must also have security cameras recording the entrances and exits.
  • Must be at least 1,000 feet from a school or daycare center; local municipalities have the authority to prohibit dispensaries in their community.
  • Various other criteria apply including the seller must be at least 21 years old and have been a Colorado state resident for two years prior to submitting the application.
  • Application/License Fees: Application fees range from $250 to $2,500, while license fees range from $2,200 to $8,000 depending on type and scale of business, and other factors (see the MED Fee Table for details
  • Taxation: A 15 percent excise tax is levied on the average market rate for retail marijuana.

P

Pimples

Then you should post what you are really trying to say instead of being passive aggressive.

I will go ahead and make the claim that you are not familiar with Colorado's testing policies for MMC's and the related regulations regarding banned pesticides and their use.

Personally, I would rather see plants quarantined when they are found to have illegal pesticides rather than allow that grower to sell that flower on the open market without having to disclose it to his customers. I don't view medical marijuana patients as users or customers, so I have no problem with patient protections like this. The flip side of the coin is that there is most definitely over-regulation, but there are always going to be bad apples.

Are they still letting rando growers sell chemical laden pest infested herb to dispensaries? I mean, I saw it at harborside on tv so it must be happening everywhere at every location all the time right?

@Pimples, in Colorado, retail facilities are called medical marijuan centers, and they have vertical integration. There are off premise grows, and medically infused kitchens that are also regulated. All of these locations are subject to MMED oversight, so your minor quibble of what is big or not doesn't matter. When you are talking hundreds of patients, I am not sure there is such a thing in Colorado as a 'small' commercial operation. I don't think 'small' operations have the capital to open and compete and pay to play like the chains with their deep pockets. People who don't have the money to register and open themselves up to the state are playing with fire. I'd say it's no longer the old west here in colorado, considering you can get your 'medical' card in california for 'anxiety'. I think cali has taken that title now.

Look at the differences between the language regulating COlorado versus California, and then tell me if you think your state or my state is more likely to have issues with pesticides etc.

Statute: California Health and Safety Code 11362.765, Medical Marijuana Program "MMP" Act

Dispensaries Authorized: Marijuana patients and primary caregivers can collectively or cooperatively cultivate marijuana.
Agency Administering Licenses: California State Board of Equalization (BOE)

Licenses Available: Must obtain a seller's permit.

Relevant Regulations:

• Only non-profit cooperatives and collectives are allowed.
  • Cooperatives must obtain a business license and a seller's permit.
  • When distributing marijuana, cooperatives/collectives can only provide it free to members, distribute it in exchange for services that members provide to the collective or co-op, charge fees that are reasonably calculated to cover only overhead and operating expenses, or any combination of the above.
  • Marijuana transactions are subject to sales tax.
Statute: Colorado Revised Statutes 18-18-406.3

Dispensaries Authorized: Yes

Agency Administering Licenses: Colorado Department of Revenue, Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED)

Licenses Available: (1) retail stores; (2) cultivation facilities; (3) testing facilities; (4) manufacturers of edibles and other finished goods; see Business License Application Process - Retail Marijuana for more details.

Relevant Regulations:

• Providers must apply for a city Medical Marijuana Business license and a state license from the State Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division.
  • All shops must have a security camera pointed at the cash register so that it can record "the customer(s) and employee(s) facial features with sufficient clarity to determine identity."
  • Must also have security cameras recording the entrances and exits.
  • Must be at least 1,000 feet from a school or daycare center; local municipalities have the authority to prohibit dispensaries in their community.
  • Various other criteria apply including the seller must be at least 21 years old and have been a Colorado state resident for two years prior to submitting the application.
  • Application/License Fees: Application fees range from $250 to $2,500, while license fees range from $2,200 to $8,000 depending on type and scale of business, and other factors (see the MED Fee Table for details
  • Taxation: A 15 percent excise tax is levied on the average market rate for retail marijuana.
How is the medical side of things even relevent in Colorado with recreational now? Aside from cbd extracts and what not..seems medical would take a backseat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom