What Are The Effects Of Chelates On The Microherd?

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Hello everyone!
I am curious as to what effects Calcium Amino Acid Complex and Iron Amino Acid Complex might have on the microherd within living soil? I was gifted a Player Pack of Aurora Soul Synthetics from my local hydro shop and at current my grow is probiotic/organic. I wouldn't touch anything in that pack with a ten foot pole with the exception of Infinity. I have employed mycorrhizae and the use of bacterias to keep the herd constantly on their toes and I have a very rich living soil right now.

Infinity's ingredients are as follows:

DERIVED FROM
Soy Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum), Yucca Extract, Molasses, Calcium Amino Acid Complex and Iron Amino Acid Complex. Contains Non Plant Food Ingredients Humic Acid and Silica (derived from Bamboo Extract)

What do you think the effects would be should I employ Infinity in an organic grow? I don't mind Calcium nor Iron in certain forms. I have used them in the past but with synthetic fertilizers. I like the "chelating effect" that these two components can produce and I would like to hear your thoughts on it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

What are the effects of chelates on the microherd
indicabush

indicabush

It seems from the label you have basically proteinated minerals and I wouldn't have a problem with using that as a top-dress. Particularly like the Yucca input.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Thank you both. That's kind of what I was thinking but I didn't want to act without consulting other knowledgeable minds first. I'm not into chemical ferts albeit I've used them before but I like the concept behind the Infinity. Any further input from others is still much appreciated.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hello everyone!
I am curious as to what effects Calcium Amino Acid Complex and Iron Amino Acid Complex might have on the microherd within living soil? I was gifted a Player Pack of Aurora Soul Synthetics from my local hydro shop and at current my grow is probiotic/organic. I wouldn't touch anything in that pack with a ten foot pole with the exception of Infinity. I have employed mycorrhizae and the use of bacterias to keep the herd constantly on their toes and I have a very rich living soil right now.

Infinity's ingredients are as follows:

DERIVED FROM
Soy Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum), Yucca Extract, Molasses, Calcium Amino Acid Complex and Iron Amino Acid Complex. Contains Non Plant Food Ingredients Humic Acid and Silica (derived from Bamboo Extract)

What do you think the effects would be should I employ Infinity in an organic grow? I don't mind Calcium nor Iron in certain forms. I have used them in the past but with synthetic fertilizers. I like the "chelating effect" that these two components can produce and I would like to hear your thoughts on it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
1. does your media and or plant need the FeO or CaO correction? have you noticed any defs that you need to fix?
2. This is fairly common now, to use AA chelates, i have a bunch of them too. They are used, by me anyway, to boost any shortfall via a folair spray. Things like soil carbonates that might otherwise slow access to soil Fe compounds such as ferrous phosphates due to more usual higher levels of pH and the strong binds these compounds can form are tricky to mitigate via drench feeds.
3. Oxalates in the fungus you run, will lower soil pH locally and so will already be chelating otherwise non accessible compounds such as the FeOP's esp with the help of natural siderophores like bacillus subtilus et al in tow, you already have active and natural chelation for ferric ions and so other than you getting it free, surely it would be a waste of time unless you know you need it, are having ongoing issues such as salinisation/ sodic, heavy water logging or high levels of carbonates. I reckon gypsum would be cheaper if you wanted an easy source of Ca2+, this you could pre mix in to you existing program and then if at all, use a pH lowering compound like Acetic Acid/ Citric Acid/ Chitin to free any bound to P or other.

Ecompost

Ecompost

there is no reported harm on the biome of the microherd after application, esp when its used properly as a foliar treatment. I havent seen any detrimental impacts on soil. If you have a healthy biome, you wont need to worry about NPK and Ca Fe and anything else, so long as you have considered inputs and you regularly boost your soil with good quality compost. :-)

We cant really fuck up things forever since mother earth will repair the fevers us silly farmers give the land on occasion, so using synthetics doesnt so much harm, as change the ratio of biology, this might or might not be in our favor. We can see from our past errors, (CFC's , Lead etc) that we are accumulating chemicals in to the atmosphere, synthetic nitrogen, phosphorous and sulfur are really giving some people a big headache now. I dont see how we wont do the same from the micro side now we have such easy access to said products and still very little understanding :-)

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Ecompost, you are amazing. I knew that your perspective would help.
Here's exactly what they are sitting in right now:

A 50/50 ratio of Roots Organic Regular to VermiFire soil as a base.
When mixing at the beginning of the season using the base above I added appropriate(minimal) portions of the following:

*Organic brown rice powder
*Roots Organic Uprising Foundation(dry) which contains:
Fish bone meal, Oyster shell flour, Kelp meal, Greensand, Soybean meal, Glacial rock dust, Alfalfa meal, Bat guano, Langbeinite, Rock phosphate and Leonardite
*Crushed egg shells
*Powdered oyster shell calcium
*Dolomite lime
*Xtreme Gardening's Mykos(Glomus intraradices)
*Plant Success Great White which contains:

Endomycorrhiza
Glomus aggregatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus intraradices – 83 props per gram
Glomus mosseae – 83 props per gram
Glomus etunicatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus clarum – 11 props per gram
Glomus monosporum – 11 props per gram
Paraglomus brazilianum – 11 props per gram
Glomus deserticola – 11 props per gram
Gigaspora margarita – 11 props per gram

Ectomycorrhiza
Pisolithus tinctorious – 187,875 propagules per gram
Rhizopogon luteolus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon fulvigleba – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon villosullus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon amylopogon – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma citrinum – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma cepa – 5,219 props per gram

Bacteria
Azotobacter chroococcum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus subtilis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus licheniformis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus azotoformans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus megaterium – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus coagulans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus pumilus – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus thuringiensis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus durum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus polymyxa – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Saccharomyces cerevisiae – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas aureofaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas fluorescens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram

Trichoderma koningii-187,875 CFU’s per gram
Trichoderma harzianum-125,250 CFU’s per gram

They hand out a lot of free shit at the Emerald Cup and this last year was no exception. The only thing that I paid out of pocket for of those listed above was the Roots/VermiFire base.

I use a garden-specific tap water filter(we have excellent water here!) that alleviates almost all chlorine, fluoride, chemicals etc. I used water and nothing else throughout veg.

Upon site of the first pistils I used Humboldt County's Own Killer Tea at a ratio of 2 tablespoons per gallon using the same filtered water every other watering since. I am a fan of unsulphured blackstrap molasses and I alternate plain water with Killer Tea; Plain water; Plain water with molasses. That's it.

Here they are today. Please pardon that my little flip phone has a 2mp camera:

Picture0807170923 1
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I am after-all a medical patient so my plants are adorned with proper identification. The only one showing any issues at all would be third from the left. That's Brainwarp (aka Texada Timewarp x DJ Short Blueberry). She's had curling leaves all along so I'm pretty sure she got too much calcium when I was mixing her batch. The others are just happy as shit with no burning, curling, nothing.

Maybe I don't need Infinity at all. I just wanted to understand what it would do to a healthy herd.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Here are some close-ups of the left to right above:
the 2nd one here, did that get over watered, or did the watering go over the cork line and up to an internode, its bit droppy?
The main reason i dont really use super soils is visible here. Its just too hard to know when and how much is coming on stream, but it looks like you have some tough environmental, has it been really dry?
I have something that would work for you. i call it BiolinkSol, or BSL for short, this you would add to the soil mix when you water it down before you plant. Its a one time deal. Just to give you an idea, i use 10L per hectare once a year. Scaling it down for these plants you have here, that would be about 250ml added to the soil as a one time deal and ahead of planting.
Secondly I have something which I have been using to accelerate the organization of active biology. This is a plant extract and i call it BCR, BioChainReaction, its an additive, mixed at 1:4000 for MJ and applied leading up to and just after bud formation. So as we get pistel formation, then next as we begin to get flowers forming. you can continue to use it up to 4 weeks before harvest, but 2 applications have been enough i find. Its pokey shit, 25L would be only 6.25ml. I use to speed up flower set and harvest, but it is nuts. When you apply it, after about an hour you will see your plant respond, if not sooner. the leaves become more turgid, this is because your plant will be being up-regulated as the chain reactions take hold, and this is improving the vascular system and so nutrient uptake efficiency in all plants i have tested. Plant leaves will stand proud, and i have noticed on application to MJ, we dont get the typical nighttime leaf droop we otherwise get as plants shut down for the night.
I have improved growth rates and reduced N load...bonus :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom