• Thread starter alyeska
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alyeska

Does anyone know the specifics on the MMJ in Vermont? Thanks

G

ganjherbsmoke

the law itself is kinda weird 2 mature 7 immature? lol and only one patient per cg
its very hard to get a card in vt, finding the right doctor i think is the biggest problem, most medical states have dr referral services that are solely for the purpose of mmj cards, a totally non existent practice in vermont. When i moved there was under 500 cardholders

so best of luck to you and if doenst fit what your looking for theres always maine or ri lol

B

blugrsvt

Medical Marijuana Registry Laws Synopsis...

Well, I am a patient on Vermont's Medical Marijuana Registry Program and as was stated...this issue with the physicians is a major issue. The other biggest issue...no dispensaries...no safe access. I am not only a patient but an advocate, see Vermont Patient Network on blogspot or Facebook. Soin short the laws...And also, even the MPP has the incorrect info, last I checked.
PLANTS: A patient or caregiver is allowed no more than a total of (7) plants.
NOT 7+2=9...

*Its 7 plants of which (2) may be in flower (bud) and (5) in flower.

*No more than a total of two usable ounces of any marijuana product shall be in the possession of combined patient and caregiver.(this means dried,edibles,tinctures,anything with marijuana in it.

*Flower or mature is defined as having obvious sexible parts eg. buds

*ALL plants must be indoors in a secured locked area. Secure by definition is defined as secure by lock, security equipment such as cctv, and not accessable to anyone other the patient or caregiver.

*Before you attempt to grow remember that you must state on your application that you intend to do so and state the location of where you intend to grow as well as method of security.

*While traveling, if in possession of marijuana you must have your card and must have your marijuana locked in a secure place ithin the vehicle. You may not use in public, school zone ect. (I have a small metal lock box I use that takes a key I bought at Wal-Mart for $19.00.

In closing, it's not all thats it cracked up to be simply because of lack of any safe access medical grade medicine. I am disabled, my wife usually is able to get it for me as she is my caregiver but not of lately. Even with a card, due to my condition I cannot grow, yet I cannot obtain or purchase any either for lack of contacts as I don't get out alot and don't know people. Also, as of right now there is exactly 344 registry patients...compared to last year of nearly 150. Right now there is a bill in the state house S.017 that would allot (2) dispensaries in Vermont for those on the registry. If you meet the requirements and need help in locating a physician contact me. I hope this has helped.

Medmar 2 normal
F

finallylegal

Good description blugrsvt. But finding a physician should not be the problem you and others have described. It changed in 2011 so it doesn't need to be an MD who fills out the form. It can be a NP, PA, or whatever health care professional you regularly see. And all the HCP has to state is that you have a dr/patient relationship for 6 months or more and that you are being treated for one of the specified illnesses OR another problem that causes chronic pain and a few other conditions. So the HCP really has no say in whether or not you take marijuana - only that you have a relationship and are treated for an allowable condition.

I wrote my physician a letter telling him I didn't care how he felt about it but just asked him to fill it out objectively as he didn't need to "prescribe" anything. He did and i got my card. Next time i saw him he said; "So, you got any good weed":) But even if he was opposed to it he had no say in whether i got the card - unless he flat out denied treating me for a long standing condition.

Hope this helps. No Vermonter who reads the law and knows they qualify should be denied the card by their health care provider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom