What Are These White Spots?

• Thread starter OLAFU
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OLAFU

OLAFU

I havent been able to figure out what this is, sone of the leaves on my plants have white spots. The spots appear randomly on the leaves and wont go away. I'm a few weeks out from harvest, should i cutt them down and take what i get?

I thought it might of been white powdery mold but im not so sure about that. I got the RH down to 40% and am running a hepa filter.

When i look at these white spots under a microscope they almost appear like crystals but they're in blotches.

Anyone know what it might be? And how to get rid of em?

What are these white spots
fatawa

fatawa

Could b mites(check underside of leaves)i would say could b bleaching but they should b bigger white blotches

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Looks like thrip damage to me. Do you have anymore pics?

fatawa

fatawa

U hav not thrown seven or anything on them right?need to flip that leaf over n take a pic.if u hav a loop that wud b definitive.i will say yur somewhat fuckd if its bugs (which ill bet it is)since now u hav flowers.u cant use chemicals cuz soon u will b smoking that,and soaking it with water can lead to mold.u can try lightly spraying w/water on underside of leafs of course wen lights r out.but keep fans whipping and temps cold(60-65°) at night as this will keep them from spreading as much as they will with stagnant air n warm temps.

Last edited:
OLAFU

OLAFU

I haven't used anything on them yet. I was going to try and make a cinnamon spray (being so close to harvest). Ill look under the leaves again and check..

fatawa

fatawa

After this run clean every inch,every pc of equiptment u hav n that room.they can lay dormant months.best advice is after this run buy flea bombs n set them off,then clean everything.

Dan789

Dan789

There's been more than a few post about this very occurrence lately. So far it's been diagnosed as PM (powdery mildew). Do a search for "crystals on leaves". There are several treatments but being in bud complicates treatment. Do the same with ways to treat PM, the key was when you mentioned you got the Rh down to 40%, seems then it was higher. Hot temps, high RH, maybe not optimal ventilation and circulation inside the grow environment, ideal for PM.

OLAFU

OLAFU

Well, you guys are right. Under the microscope i can see what looks like thrips crawling. The smaller ones are fatter and look like a bed bug. The mature ones are long.

How effective do you think cinnamon and cinnamon water would work? Is the crop no good?

OLAFU

OLAFU

Dan, i just looked and see bugs under the leaves crawling with blacks spots also.

Dan789

Dan789

So any ideas on what are those crystal looking things are, wonder if they're eggs?
"Bugs is what I check for first, thought that had been done, sorry on the mis-diagnosis of PM."

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Dan, i just looked and see bugs under the leaves crawling with blacks spots also.

I have had thrips what u have is not them u for sure have a bug but thrips leave a shiny chew mark form a far kind of looks like its wet/slimmy

also u would see them all over not just under the leafs look at your soil maybe pour a lil water on it and see what if any thing runs

Dan789

Dan789

@AJGirlsGrow2 had a posting about her method for eradicating spider mites, tried to copy it, search for it back a few months this year. It was quite thourough and methodical. Good luck.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

@AJGirlsGrow2 had a posting about her method for eradicating spider mites, tried to copy it, search for it back a few months this year. It was quite thourough and methodical. Good luck.
wouldn't spider mites with that much spotting have webs every where???

xenon730

xenon730

Well, you guys are right. Under the microscope i can see what looks like thrips crawling. The smaller ones are fatter and look like a bed bug. The mature ones are long.

How effective do you think cinnamon and cinnamon water would work? Is the crop no good?
You can put your scope up to a camera for pictures. Your description sounds like potentially two different pests. Google cannabis pests and try to identify them using one of the guides. Is there a good post identification guide here? I'm gonna check but definitely try to identify what you have with photos. Here a list of the common cannabis pests: aphids, fungus gnats, thrips, whiteflies, leaf miners, broad mites, russet mites, spider mites, scale, mealybugs.

R

rascali

the pics aren't quite detailed enough to be absolutely sure as shit, but that really looks like white fly larvae damage - but you should have noticed that, right?
of course, it really doesn't matter because with that size problem at that point in bloom there's nothing you can do that won't adversely affect (or ruin) the flowers. best case is finish them early and extract, but that's the manly decision.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Do those marks on the leaves look like silvery snail trail?
If you've got russets then you need to seriously go to town on them. Don't just think "it'll be ok" after a couple of applications of whatever you use.. they are very resistant and will reemerge.
Plenty of info on here and utube..
Good luck mate

Top Bottom