The Muchacho Smoking Facility!

• Thread starter GrowGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jipp

jipp

i guess huh , i like dabs , just personal preferance .
so far i have to say i really like wax in my environment .. it s not messy, and the SD i had worked great for pain. oil good but that SD man i dunno. :D

but thats a a east coast thing.

Reactions: sun
jipp

jipp

@jipp I never had much success with bubble but dry ice extract or 'life sift' as the kids call it is easier to process, quicker, and keeps the terpene profile much better. IME.
i fucked up i was gonna try to make dry ice hash.. but the 5lb of dry ice i had i put in the wrong freezer. it was in the every day fridge.. and when i went to go attempt to make some hash.. well it was already c02. i had to ask if they were sure they bought 5lbs of dry ice. hha.

seems im gonna need some and use it the same day.

sun

sun

right on Jipp , great ecsd In S.L.O . I smoke a whole lot of sd out on the west coast

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What do you consider or call wickless? I might be using that word differently than you are.
I'm not referring to these, because they don't transfer heavy medical oil well at all. They work okay for runny butane oil, but not for CO2 or distillate.
View attachment 730763
I'm referring to larger tanks, not advertised for medical oils. I was looking for a larger tank that I didn't have to refill often, and one that had dependable coils so I wouldn't have to remove the oil and transfer it from cartridge to cartridge. This was a couple of years ago when o.pen was still the best cartridge on the market. Close to a third of them would stop working and not every shop allowed returns, so I got to be an expert at transferring oil from tank to tank, as well as purchasing and trying a dozen types of larger capacity tanks. The cartridges and tanks offered at the pot shops are expensive and cheap, and not expansive. Pipe shops still don't like to discuss medical or heavy or honey type oils, which leads to trial and error. My issues with tanks like https://arctictank.com/images/product/$_57 (36)_1.jpeg is the 'wick', which is what I call the cotton or barrier between whatever is in the tank and the coil. Wick, cotton barrier, the term doesn't matter to me, I use wick because it's easy and generally people know what I am referring to.

That arctic tank worked really well for me with heavy medical oil like @jipp, but only for a short time. After a week or two or three the quality of the vapor produced was not very good, and the only reason I can find is that these atomizers/wicks/cotton products were made for ejuice, which is the consistency of water, not honey. I'm not a rocket surgeon but I don't think the medical oil was transferring through the cotton to the atomizer efficiently, quickly, and it seemed to get saturated to the point that the tank and coil nearly stopped producing vapor.

I haven't come across a tank with any capacity more than a gram that can efficiently deliver a satisfying cloud of medical goodness. I quit because it was such a pain in the ass to transfer heavy oil from one tank to a new one.

I grabbed a nectar collector which works well with distillate or other oil, but I don't like having that hot piece laying around. I store/use it with a soldering iron holer so I don't have to worry about burning or melting anything.

When I say wickless, I mean wickless.

I haven't had a vapor device with a wick in years. Should be every battery with a 510 thread can fit a reservoir that vapes liquid concentrate. The market here is so saturated with decent to nice quality rigs that I have no idea which ones are name brand or generic anymore. I go into a cigarette/head shop and there are a plethora of devices with options, upon options, upon options, for smoking/vaping whatever you want. Heck, I even have a pen that vapes flower. The guys in the store have no quam with talking my ears off about the best rigs to smoke herb in.

Sounds like you're still in one of the states that haven't embraced weed yet. Or you need to check out a different set of stores.

sun

sun

here i am puffing on some , nice clear , uppity SSH
IMG 20170817 133602 1
that isnt me though

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I am fairly confident that what I am describing is not close to what you are enjoying. I don't doubt rove uses natural flavors, but I don't care to have my cartridge taste like, 'graham cracker cookie pie crust' or 'super fire cinnamon' or 'menthol madness' or 'orange cream soda'.

edit- I think my problem is that Rove sells its wares in Cali and I'm not driving that far.

Well, I hate to break your confidence, there, guy. But I WAS referring to shatter. What, do you think I only smoke vape pens? I fry dabs far more than I vape dude.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I am fairly confident that what I am describing is not close to what you are enjoying. I don't doubt rove uses natural flavors, but I don't care to have my cartridge taste like, 'graham cracker cookie pie crust' or 'super fire cinnamon' or 'menthol madness' or 'orange cream soda'.

edit- I think my problem is that Rove sells its wares in Cali and I'm not driving that far.

(Not a pen, these are from this month)

Reactions: sun
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well, I hate to break your confidence, there, guy. But I WAS referring to shatter. What, do you think I only smoke vape pens? I fry dabs far more than I vape dude.
That's a fairly high level of asshole for a friendly thread, but okay. I guess I quoted the wrong post, but you mentioned Rove cartridges, and I replied that whatever you have with Rove is likely better tasting than the bland stuff that sits on shelves in Colorado. My only interactions with you in this thread have been regarding vape pens and cartridges. If you are referring to shatter or something else, my bad, I missed where you made that distinction, or if I misquoted you.
When I say wickless, I mean wickless.

I haven't had a vapor device with a wick in years. Should be every battery with a 510 thread can fit a reservoir that vapes liquid concentrate. The market here is so saturated with decent to nice quality rigs that I have no idea which ones are name brand or generic anymore. I go into a cigarette/head shop and there are a plethora of devices with options, upon options, upon options, for smoking/vaping whatever you want. Heck, I even have a pen that vapes flower. The guys in the store have no quam with talking my ears off about the best rigs to smoke herb in.

Sounds like you're still in one of the states that haven't embraced weed yet. Or you need to check out a different set of stores.
I'm not sure why you turned up the asshole dial and the assumption meter, but okay. I also don't think you read what I posted, but okay. In Colorado, pipe shops can't sell their wares for illegal products, meaning that if the rules are followed, we still have to call bongs water pipes, refer to pot as tomatoes, and saying certain words like marijuana will get you the boot. Those are the rules, but they're routinely broken by teenagers who don't give a fuck. I am unable to go to a vape store or pipe shop with a decent selection of products and ask which ones would work best for my medical marijuana concentrate, because rules. I can't buy from a medical marijuana center because their selection usually sucks if they have anything at all, and the stuff they do carry is overpriced, and they most definitely don't do returns. Here, if the pipe shop guys talk to you about pot, they are breaking the law. It's not a law that is enforced, but the shop owners know the rules. We still have that pesky 'for tobacco only' rule for our glass, although things are more relaxed than they used to be.

It sounds to me like you are assuming that things in your state (california?) are the same as the way things operate here, which would be:
False

Thank you for educating me that dry herb vaporizers aren't a myth. Nice humblebrag brah.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

what the fuck is that thing.. only thing that comes to my mind is what we called holy rollers as a kid.. kids these days call them gravity bongs ( but we were poor dirt bags and used a 5g bucket/ice and a 2lt bottle).. am i even remotely close?

Yup, yup. When I want to skip burning through a pipe bowl or joint and just wanna get high. I usually load this thing with keif or hash hits when friends come over but it works just as well for a personal rip.

We were calling them gravity bongs 35 years ago. I don't remember them ever being called holy rollers. Is that like a reference ti a steam roller. I didn't have money for glass like this when I was a kid so I have no idea what the proper people called them. Lol. We were river rats with plastic carboys. Oh, we got so ripped when we were kids. ROFL

jipp

jipp

Yup, yup. When I want to skip burning through a pipe bowl or joint and just wanna get high. I usually load this thing with keif or hash hits when friends come over but it works just as well for a personal rip.

We were calling them gravity bongs 35 years ago. I don't remember them ever being called holy rollers. Is that like a reference ti a steam roller. I didn't have money for glass like this when I was a kid so I have no idea what the proper people called them. Lol. We were river rats with plastic carboys. Oh, we got so ripped when we were kids. ROFL
holy roller thing is just a small town thing.. i did not learn about them being gravity bongs until i was in my 20s i think. we were lost up in the mountains for pop culture and shit.. but the herb was good.

DAT

DAT

the Chernobull i got isnt very good at all. It smelled reallly good, looked really good but only 15% tHC and is a very weak strain. I would not recommend it.
That Cherry Pie up there looks very very nice. So many strains to try.
Waiting on Jack Herer and Chemdog #4 to get back into the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom