What Are Your Must Have Nutes For Hydro/coco Coir?

• Thread starter Mr.growz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newh

newh

Canna nutes,theyre a lil pricey but I have never had an issue,Protekt and Recharge for some extra goodies.I use ro water but you can use tap if its good

xavier7995

xavier7995

I usually hit around 2lbs per 1k. I run a buncha crap at the same time so dont measure by plant. I dropped pk boosters and had a bit of a yield drop but quality went up. Si will give you a stronger plant and it sort of widens the optimal environment window if that makes sense, plants are more resilient to temps and such.

Training is a big factor on yields...and environment/genetics.

S

sativablast

i use coco perlite 70/30 blend comes mixed by cyco or nutrifeild.
Use H+G nutes for coco at around 1.5 ml ltr max and i add natures own bat gunao liquid which is liqiud bat shit (grow and super bloom separate).
Works real nice and give plain water last couple weeks only to flush the leaves of nutes.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Listen to Burned Haze and Scubascrog. Legit info.

Calcium Nitrate
Potassium Nitrate
Magnesium Nitrate
Mono Potassium Phosphate
Mono Ammonium Phosphate
Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt)
All the traces or if you want to cheat Peters STEM
Phosphoric Acid (ph down)
Agsil16
done

or if like said above that's a little too over your head:

Jacks Hydro
Peters Stem
Calcium Nitrate
Magnesium Sulfate

PUT THE BOTTLES DOWN AND STOP PAYING FOR WATER - This was my biggest cost in growing and probably the stupidist thing I have ever done with my grows

edit: oh yeah this is a must have for all of that:
https://scienceinhydroponics.com/20...hydroponic-nutrient-calculator-program-o.html
That alone will let you reverse any nutrient formula for about 1/100th of the cost of the bottle.

edit 2:This also if you want to break down ppm's easily
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

As far as Silica, if you want bottled stuff, Pro-tekt is you best bet as far as any of them. Steer clear of all the other ones.

Last edited:
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I don't think it's worth the money[/QUOTE
Jw how much experience you have? U have been a member for a month. Do u have pics of a good grow? I am making the switch to powder nutrients and look I,g for insight

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
My opinion is that if anything else were needed beyond base nutes, then it means the base nutes were poor for not containing it in the first place.

This isn't always the case as some shit doesn't play nice with other things (nitrates and sulfates don't play nice - hence why most A & B formulas have all the Ca in the A bottle/GH micro which is why you have to mix it first but that can also restrict what you put in the B bottles ect or have to go sludge mode like Nova or use a clay carrier like V + B. Also the reason why you are supposed to mix CalMg before any other nute besides Silica since most B formula/Bloom/Boosters have Mag Sulfate in them which is bad if you mix with Ca Nitrate together)

but you are correct as 90% of the extra bottles are for extra money. At least you get pretty colors and cool cartoons on them.... A good example of this is Liquid Koolbloom. Why wouldn't you just up the bloom formula of the 3 part then buying an extra bottle with less shit in it that does the same thing. No idea but they hydro shop sells it to people all the time.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Here's another good example:

MKP 50 lb bag: $73 0-52-34
ICL%20PeaK%20MKP%20bag.jpg

MOAB 10lbs: $124 0-52-32
moab-label.jpg

Hmmmmmmm. It does check the boxes of cartoons and pretty colors. Obv what the MKP bag is lacking. Worth. Now this above is basically every bottled nute you get on the shelf. Same story. Same chemicals.

Last edited:
damien50

damien50

I'm not saying it's a bad product but beyond what I already use I don't see the needs to spend extra on it

Top Bottom