Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

What Can I Make, If Safe, With Pure Ethanol Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by Shawnery, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Title says it all!

Friend works at pharma and brought some home for me.

SmokerGrower and GT21 like this.
  2. Powdered rooting hormone does not dissolve well in water but dissolves easily in alcohol. Could possibly make you own rooting hormone solution for a cloning setup to promote root growth. To boot you could mix a few drinks with it also to have some fun while making it.

Here is a study I found that shows ethanol used in conjunction with IBA then diluted with water (eg. of rooting powder https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bonide-Rooting-Powder-925/202251696 which is IBA)

https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1469-8137.1978.tb02633.x

Take a look at the result on page 281.

GT21 likes this.
  3. you can make some oil! safe yes just be careful of the evaporating liquid alcohol. make sure its done in a well ventilated area

Aqua Man and GT21 like this.
  4. GT21

GT21 I like soup Supporter

First cook it down to a big dab.. Then do whatever you want with it

5. 20180627_122739.jpg
    This is my oil. Rosin. Pure. No solvents. And, it took me all of 45 minutes to press out this mess, about 5 grams. It's very golden but looks dark when in its silicon container. I don't understand what all you guys are waiting for..... make the switch.

6. I was really wondering if it would be okay to use for tincture instead of Everclear

SmokerGrower, GT21 and RuralFarmer like this.
  7. As far as I know, it would be. Goggle if that type of alcohol is safe for consumption.....

SmokerGrower, Aqua Man and GT21 like this.
  8. Ethanol is safe for tincture. You can make QWET or full plant extract with it too.

SmokerGrower, GT21 and RuralFarmer like this.
  9. Because I dont want to switch. I like my bho and there isn’t anymore to it then that

2toughtony and GT21 like this.
  10. Ethanol is the majority of alcohol that makes up whiskey, vodka, rum, etc. that we drink. Its the alcohol that you want to drink.

RuralFarmer, 2toughtony and GT21 like this.
  11. GT21

GT21 I like soup Supporter

You should try dimethyl ether.

dabarino, 2toughtony and Toaster79 like this.
  12. It turns plexi glass in jelly and it smells gorgeous

GT21 likes this.
  13. Lol!

dabarino likes this.