What Deficiencie Is This Any Ideas?

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

The deficiencie its starting to spread through out the whole plant and i have these little like oil specs( i only found 3 through out the whole plant) any ideas on what i should do?

What deficiencie is this any ideas
What deficiencie is this any ideas 2
scubascrog

scubascrog

99.9999% positive that’s tobacco mosaic virus (TMV).
I have the same thing going on.
its spreading up to newer leaves but not suuuper bad. I definitely didnt practice good hygene this round.. only my coco plants have it and not all of them. I have heard it can affect some strains if they dont have good immunities. this isnt curable.

scubascrog

scubascrog

six was saying only one of his cuts got this..... maybe genetics? I've only seen this on the white cookies I've grown.

MissBotany

MissBotany

It won’t kill the plants so that’s good. Just try to keep the infected from touching healthy plants. It’s not really known how TMV is spread.

And wash hands after touching the infected plants as a precaution.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Me too, at one time a while back. Had an infestation of threps at the time. Fixed it. Then no more problems.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The deficiencie its starting to spread through out the whole plant and i have these little like oil specs( i only found 3 through out the whole plant) any ideas on what i should do?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_mosaic_virus

Questions to further help diagnosis;
1. Any bugs? Aphids are known carriers
2. Any ornamental plants around this?
3. Orchids are very susceptible and can carry the genes from infected nursery
4. It’s extremly hard or impossible to kill, and can stay dormant and rear it’s ugly head yrs later.
5 what’s your environment like? And any more pictures?
6. Cut out each effected leaf, wear gloves, and clothing you will toss. And get this shit as far from you as possible, even burning the Remains won’t kill his shit.
The first virus ever name was this. So there is a shit tons about this app thing if indeed this is TMV.
Let’s hope it’s just big poop!!

Last edited:
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

99.9999% positive that’s tobacco mosaic virus (TMV).
this means u have to smoke tobacco near it? i dont smoke any tobacco not even blunts i mean i do not near them though but my friends use there vapes sometimes...

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
this means u have to smoke tobacco near it? i dont smoke any tobacco not even blunts i mean i do not near them though but my friends use there vapes sometimes...
No, it’s a virus first identified in tobacco, hence the name. Tobacco has nothing to do with it. But raw tobacco users I don’t let near my grow. Processed cigs or ecigs, I’d say it’s safe but some just don’t allow anyone to smoke near their grow period.
It justmaybe genetics like someone said. Or a nutrient def, but it looks like tmv to me as well. We grew tobacco and it is a known scourge. We would basically move acres away and till out the field and not use that site for tobacco again. It gets in and stays

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If it starts to look more like this, it’s calcium def, they both start looking the same but the progression will tell us if it’s tmv or good ol cal def or maybe even a nute deficits

8B8D169D D0AB 4FE1 999C 813757E35316
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

No, it’s a virus first identified in tobacco, hence the name. Tobacco has nothing to do with it. But raw tobacco users I don’t let near my grow. Processed cigs or ecigs, I’d say it’s safe but some just don’t allow anyone to smoke near their grow period.
It justmaybe genetics like someone said. Or a nutrient def, but it looks like tmv to me as well. We grew tobacco and it is a known scourge. We would basically move acres away and till out the field and not use that site for tobacco again. It gets in and stays
so is there anything i could do to help it?

S

Slownickel

Doubtful it is mosaic. A Mn deficiency looks like some of what you posted. I would argue that if these are clones, that you never got a callus. As well, looks like over watering and most definitely a Ca deficiency on the last photo. That rust type symptom. Getting Ca uptake is difficult. Medium has to go pretty dry and you have to have Ca pretty high in your mix. If you are doing hydro, look up University of Florida tomato hydroponic mix. There is a mix that has a bit more Ca in it...

Top Bottom