What Did I Do Wrong? Only Yielded 7oz

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mxer.kx

mxer.kx

Those particular lights actually only draw 200 true watts from the wall so you pulled 7 from 400watts which putts you at .49 gpw...suggestion I'd make for next time defoliate a bit the penetration on those lights is not the strongest also what nutes you running? And lastly you could probably do a cob upgrade cheaper then buying a new light

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Perpetual grow with 6 plants - because it’s legal. If you think I could yield more flowering every 60 days please explain. It’s about optimum flower in the shortest cycle right? Can’t speed my cycle faster than the plants flower. I could run them with much less veg and training and obviously the yield would be less. The OP asked how do
I increase my yield. Lights, training and veg time that’s considerate of what you want to yield. Further if I ran less plants, in the same method I would use less footprint. My lights allow me to adjust for that. So that does NOT mean i would go to 1gpw it would mean my total
Yield for the cubic foot would be less.
Hey bubba are you getting those numbers as dry weight??? Thanks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I never understood the "bragging rights" and shit storms about grams per watt..
I used it only as a gauge when dialing in..In fact I hardly ever weigh anymore..I just go by how many jars I get..If I get more than 2 qt jars per plant..it goes to the hash bin anyway, since I grow only for myself and GF.
If you are happy with your end product....it shouldn't matter as long as you get enough QUALITY product to justify that particular grow..

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I never understood the "bragging rights" and shit storms about grams per watt..
I used it only as a gauge when dialing in..In fact I hardly ever weigh anymore..I just go by how many jars I get..If I get more than 2 qt jars per plant..it goes to the hash bin anyway, since I grow only for myself and GF.
If you are happy with your end product....it shouldn't matter as long as you get enough QUALITY product to justify that particular grow..

Yeah man! Why does everyone wants to grow like commercial growers and gets hung up on gpw and all that stuff. If you are growing for yourself isn’t it better to get quality instead of quantity. In my perfect world, i would do 10 strains and get 1oz each so i can grow constantly without getting over crowded with weed. Its fun to grow stuff and this is a hobby afterall.

gwheels

gwheels

I think i will keep 3 in flower and 1 in veg forever. It is probably the best way to get max buds in a 4 plant limit. The total time is no longer veg to flower but more based on the flower cycle (a harvest every 4 weeks or so).

Yield is based on a few things. Good strains that yield heavy, lighting and environment (light and air flow and temp and RH etc). and skill.

Training your plants will increase your yield and result in more veg.

Better lighting too. Lots of options there.

And good LED are the way to go if you want LED and like the clearance etc. There are plenty out there.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Hey bubba are you getting those numbers as dry weight??? Thanks

I have. Looks like my latest run will be a little less. May end up only pulling 1.5-1.8 gpw. I wait till it’s dried, then I start to cure for a week/2weeks in air tight plastic bins with moisture control. Then I move to jars and verify weight. So far 1 plant has given just over 19oz dried solid bud material (16.5 oz of colas). Waiting for my second plant to finish drying, it did appear larger and actually has some lower stuff finishing up still. I’ll repost back but yes I typically get or get close to 2 gpw in my flower tent. Again because of how I grow, my veg cycle with 6 plant continueous grow it seems like a poor number to use to qualify

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I have. Looks like my latest run will be a little less. May end up only pulling 1.5-1.8 gpw. I wait till it’s dried, then I start to cure for a week/2weeks in air tight plastic bins with moisture control. Then I move to jars and verify weight. So far 1 plant has given just over 19oz dried solid bud material (16.5 oz of colas). Waiting for my second plant to finish drying, it did appear larger and actually has some lower stuff finishing up still. I’ll repost back but yes I typically get or get close to 2 gpw in my flower tent. Again because of how I grow, my veg cycle with 6 plant continueous grow it seems like a poor number to use to qualify
Oh I hear ya bubba how you are growing makes it to where you have plants are veg longer due to your number restriction correct? Hell it looks like that restriction is working good though! Congrats!

gwheels

gwheels

GPW is quite possibly the dumbest gauge of how good something works. Unless you compare everyones GPW at 4 and 6 week veg or something that is a constant.

My 315 CMH with a 5 week veg grew 12 oz of buds and 3 oz of larfy popcorn. 3 plants. But white widow and sour kush and they are monster yielders.

My 5 square foot tents are running on about 200 watts each and i hope the pair are greater than that 315. But if I get 6 oz total im good for 4 months and each tent will do that much.

Because of good yielding genetics...optimal temps and great lights.

My RH is 42% at the highest but its winter. I would rather that than have to run a dehuey.

Vipars suck contrary to the devoted fans. A timber or samsung fixture will outperform it every day of the week. And I always think is it expensive....really?

at 10 dollars a gram vs 15 an oz i dont think so. And if you depreciate that over the 10 year cycle what does it really cost? The ROI is 1 grow or 2 at the max.

For the record I had a monster blurple light and that thing could grow. 550 watts of mcob scorpion. The 315 CMH beat it. But as I develop skill it is hard to compare what a light did 3 years ago to now.

And I really do love the timber vero builds the best. They are beautiful lights and they work perfectly. I like my samsung boards and strips but they are puny and frail by comparison. And I forgot one key thing. When you bump your head on the timber its big frame makes you think....geeze that light is there. When it is a samsung plate light it cuts your bald head....apparently.

And they are growing really nice buds in my tent. This is the first full grow i have used the light since i got it 18 months ago. I am very impressed. 3.5 k is the bomb full grow light too.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Seed: Neville Haze
Seed to harvest: 132 days
Veg: 2 months
3 7 gallon pots in fox farms soil.
Two viparspectra 450Watt LED lights.
After all this time and waiting and I only end up with 7oz! I was expecting at least a pound, so I’m pretty disappointed. I thought the plants looked nice and big too... idk how to fix this I had the same yield with 5 autos in my last grow! I did the scrog method and topped 3 times. Could it be too much topping? PH is fine, the light schedual messed up once from a power outage in flowering... Would I be better off not doing scrog next time? I really don’t get what I did. Any help is much appreciated. Here’s some pics of the grow too,

I don't know if you can where you are, but if you want massive yields and can do it, take it outdoors. My 1st year over 10lb from 6 plants, last yr over 15lbs from 5 plants.

Other than that, 7 zips doesn't seem like a bad yield for only 400w wall draw. People keep saying add lights but I've found from lessons I've learned recently it may be the exact opposite. Too much saturation can reduce your yield as well. I'm running 3 CXB 3500k COBs with a max wall draw of 265w and had to turn them down to <70% to make them work in a 4x2 tent. I just produced around 3 zips from 3 plants under far less than optimal conditions (50F-60F average) with my lights adjusted down to about 200w.

Listen to Jumpincactus and learn how to balance distance and output to give your plants the optimal amount of light. Cactusman really knows LED lighting.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I think i will keep 3 in flower and 1 in veg forever. It is probably the best way to get max buds in a 4 plant limit. The total time is no longer veg to flower but more based on the flower cycle (a harvest every 4 weeks or so).

Yield is based on a few things. Good strains that yield heavy, lighting and environment (light and air flow and temp and RH etc). and skill.

Training your plants will increase your yield and result in more veg.

Better lighting too. Lots of options there.

And good LED are the way to go if you want LED and like the clearance etc. There are plenty out there.
Not sure about your laws, but usually cuttings are only plant parts and not counted as plants. If so....you can take cuts for cloning and put them, wrapped in a wet paper towel and sealed baggie. (blow into the baggie before sealing for some free CO2). Then put it into the fridge veg bin for at least 2-4 weeks, until you want them..Plant as usual to make roots and you will be amazed as they explode coming out of their induced stasis.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I don't know if you can where you are, but if you want massive yields and can do it, take it outdoors. My 1st year over 10lb from 6 plants, last yr over 15lbs from 5 plants.

Other than that, 7 zips doesn't seem like a bad yield for only 400w wall draw. People keep saying add lights but I've found from lessons I've learned recently it may be the exact opposite. Too much saturation can reduce your yield as well. I'm running 3 CXB 3500k COBs with a max wall draw of 265w and had to turn them down to <70% to make them work in a 4x2 tent. I just produced around 3 zips from 3 plants under far less than optimal conditions (50F-60F average) with my lights adjusted down to about 200w.

Listen to Jumpincactus and learn how to balance distance and output to give your plants the optimal amount of light. Cactusman really knows LED lighting.
While waiting for a better answer from @jumpincactus
The plant's leaves give a great indication if you are too close..the leaves show heat stress and you just keep moving up until it goes away and they return to normal. I have LED's that can get as close as 8" from the tops (Nextlight Mini) but another where 15" at least is needed to prevent stress (Unit Farm high end burple)

gwheels

gwheels

Not sure about your laws, but usually cuttings are only plant parts and not counted as plants. If so....you can take cuts for cloning and put them, wrapped in a wet paper towel and sealed baggie. (blow into the baggie before sealing for some free CO2). Then put it into the fridge veg bin for at least 2-4 weeks, until you want them..Plant as usual to make roots and you will be amazed as they explode coming out of their induced stasis.
Our laws (ontario canada) state any plant at any stage past sprout is 1 of 4.

I have seeds for years but cuttings would be nicer

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Our laws (ontario canada) state any plant at any stage past sprout is 1 of 4.

I have seeds for years but cuttings would be nicer
Key there seems to be the word PLANT and not parts (seeds would also be parts)..
Sounds good from here.

Here is something I found in Nevada (legal since 16 for rec..2012 for Med)..
Since the passage, the LE community does not seem interested in the least in small growers (personal use)..Think of it this way..Most judges here would either refuse to hear a small grow bust or simply toss it..Waste of time and $$. Sell and get caught..they have no sympathy. This is of course conjecture, but I have not heard of a single home grow being given any trouble by LE in a few yrs now..Transportation and illegal commercial grows are a different story.

I heard about how Canada legalized and are freezing the small guys out, but I also heard that illegal shops are flourishing for now..I suspect, if our legal licensed dispensarys scream loud enough..things here may change.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

While waiting for a better answer from @jumpincactus
The plant's leaves give a great indication if you are too close..the leaves show heat stress and you just keep moving up until it goes away and they return to normal. I have LED's that can get as close as 8" from the tops (Nextlight Mini) but another where 15" at least is needed to prevent stress (Unit Farm high end burple)

If you don't know your light's output, yes, the leaves are an excellent indicator to figure out clearance.

Cactusman's articles, and a little extra research, helped me figure out my light's DLI. Once I could calculate that I didn't have to guess or adjust. I just put it in the right spot. Works great. It was so nice not having to worry about cooking the girls anymore.

Here's a great article to get someone started, then you'll need to look up the PAR=DLI formula and your light's PAR test(s)...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-for-humans-about-par-ppf-ppfd-and-dli.84822/

Screenshot 20190113 061427

I don't know burples or I'd help.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If you don't know your light's output, yes, the leaves are an excellent indicator to figure out clearance.

Cactusman's articles, and a little extra research, helped me figure out my light's DLI. Once I could calculate that I didn't have to guess or adjust. I just put it in the right spot. Works great. It was so nice not having to worry about cooking the girls anymore.

Here's a great article to get someone started, then you'll need to look up the PAR=DLI formula and your light's PAR test(s)...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-for-humans-about-par-ppf-ppfd-and-dli.84822/

View attachment 855107

I don't know burples or I'd help.
I do know the true output, (Kill-o-watt and built in meters in my DIYs) but am too old skool to do it the right way..a wing and a prayer has worked so far..LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

View attachment 855107

Dup deleted by author

S

sweetolmaryjane

straight up 450 watts isnt going to get you a monster crop. you need more light. 1000W HPS you will get a LB

Latest posts

Top Bottom