What Do I Do About This One?

• Thread starter MisterDoctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MisterDoctor

First time giving this a try, I'm guessing this if because the stem is too weak to support the top now but this just started over night. Please tell me your thoughts!

3 days to germinate and planted 7 days ago.

What do i do about this one

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Build a mound around the stem about 1/2 way up. This will give your seedling support, but the stretched stem, and will start to root on the stem where it' hurried.

Raise the light 3" or so. It doesn' seem to like the light at the moment.

M

MisterDoctor

I lowered the light originally because I saw it starting to stretch and wanted to stop it as soon as I could, thanks @DemonTrich Ill try giving it some more surrounding soil.

M

MisterDoctor

I'm switching over to the ViparSpectra reflector series 600W later today. Is there a better place I should post my entire grow box for feedback and what not? Or in this section

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I lowered the light originally because I saw it starting to stretch and wanted to stop it as soon as I could, thanks @DemonTrich Ill try giving it some more surrounding soil.
You can stake it or leave it if it gets worse. I neglect seedlings sometimes and they fall to the ground horizontally. I just stake the stem straight, the top hangs sideways like a cane for half a day but they straighten right out. Wind jiggling it and using silica will prevent this in the future and strengthens the stem up, but some still might need staking if you demand perfectly straight seedlings. I use kebab stakes and break'em in half.

Top Bottom