What Do You Think? Advise Needed

• Thread starter PaulWood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PaulWood

thanks In advance for reading and helping. Always get great info here.

I have a situation where I am unable to dry or cure some of my upcoming autos. Temp control in drying room (garage) is down. The plants are outdoor.

I don't want to loose them, and the two I took already dried way too fast and will hopefully end up as some decent rosin.

Any ideas on what to do with a fresh harvest that cannot be dried and cured optimallly??

I am open to all suggestions

I am going to post in the outdoor forum as well, so forgive me if it is "overposting"

Dunge

Dunge

I am in much the same situation.
I will probably hang them for a few days to get some of the water off, then break them down into large paper grocery bags.
This will slow the drying, but needs to be tended (gently tipping and mixing the goods) often to prevent moisture concentrations, which promote mold.
Last summer I stripped the buds into a plastic bag and put it in the freezer just to delay the problem.
Six months later did a cold butane open blast on the product and made some nice wax.

Good luck

fatawa

fatawa

I will probably hang them for a few days to get some of the water off, then break them down into large paper grocery bags.
This will slow the drying, but needs to be tended (gently tipping and mixing the goods) often to prevent moisture concentrations, which promote mold.
2nd this...turkey bag is samething as brownbag essentialy.it has perforated holes but dries slowly.just get whatever bag outta light,and n a cool place if possible.if u wanna stay married to it u can thro n freezer 2hrs,then pull it out for 8hrs...keep repeating.

Organikz

Organikz

Have you tried the Mendocino method? Hang the whole plant with the fans still attached. I like it. I only dry trim. The taste comes out better and might just be my imagination but I feel that when the sugar leaves curl in they pull the bud tighter. There is science behind that statement; vapor pressure. This method actually begins the cure. Also you don't even end up having to trim fan leaves. They fall right off once it's dry.

As @fatawa mentioned no fans blowing on the bud. Just keep air moving.

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

but I feel that when the sugar leaves curl in they pull the bud tighter.
i agree 100%..i do a wet trim of fan leaves but leave all sugar leafs.just my opinion tho.i do fan rotating BELOW the buds like my boy organikz says.keep air moving but not blowing on them.

Organikz

Organikz

i agree 100%..i do a wet trim of fan leaves but leave all sugar leafs.just my opinion tho.
Yessir. A guy brought up a good point. When you wet trim you cover the buds with chlorophyll so sometimes the taste and smell doesn't come out as well as it should. That that hay smell....chlorophyll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom