What Happened To Landrace Strains

• Thread starter chillywilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chillywilly

chillywilly

Mang, remember Panama red, Columbian gold, Columbian red, old skool Hawaiian, real Afghan hash plant, Kerala, Micoacan,.... what's happening with the cannabis community???have we lost sight to gentrified the herb? to present a so called new program??? what happened to hash...hash oil?? CBD has overruled...w dispos selling??? Walmart weed
cw...

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Landrace means a wild population that can sustain itself in a given environment without human intervention. All of the cultivars you mentioned are worked, human cultivated varieties, not landraces.

Most landraces are trash that you wouldn't want to smoke. The reason breeders look for landraces is that they have unique individual traits that might be useful when incorporated into modern lines.

Landraces are rare because of the drug war. Wild cannabis populations are regularly eradicated when they're spotted the whole world over.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Landrace means a wild population that can sustain itself in a given environment without human intervention. All of the cultivars you mentioned are worked, human cultivated varieties, not landraces.

Most landraces are trash that you wouldn't want to smoke. The reason breeders look for landraces is that they have unique individual traits that might be useful when incorporated into modern lines.

Landraces are rare because of the drug war. Wild cannabis populations are regularly eradicated when they're spotted the whole world over.

Landrace is not a botanical name, it comes from livestock (swine in particular), it has been transformed into one by the cannabis community. Many of the "varieties" he mentioned are in fact regions . A strain that has conformed to a certain region and it becomes a landrace over a certain amount of time.
I have grown many landrace strains and I agree that many are not possessing great qualities. The only company I would trust with REAL landrace is the Real Seed Company. They visit certain areas and purchase seedstock from growers in that region.
they have seeds from the Kerala, Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, Thai, Malana, Moroccan....etc.

Much of the seedstock labeled and sold as landrace is hybrid. Even Durban is labeled as such and is nothing more than an early dutch hybrid. I do think there is a lot of African strains that are still explorable. I grew a nice plat from Seeds of Africa a few years ago from Reunion Island. Maybe worth giving a shot? Doubt you will find that strain still though.
One problem with South American strains as well as Jamaican (Caribbean) is the fact that Colombian genetics took over and polluted much of what once was.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Mang, remember Panama red, Columbian gold, Columbian red, old skool Hawaiian, real Afghan hash plant, Kerala, Micoacan,.... what's happening with the cannabis community???have we lost sight to gentrified the herb? to present a so called new program??? what happened to hash...hash oil?? CBD has overruled...w dispos selling??? Walmart weed
cw...
They have literally all been banged to death

chillywilly

chillywilly

I'll check it out... I recall years ago in the early to mid eighties, I collected the seeds from all my smokes...I had at least about 40 strains of some of the most bomb flowers...but what we never got stuff like SK#1, northern lights... most were specifically breed, while most were strains of I would guess of country origin,...but there so many goods then cause in New Mexico where I was at the time was some call the gateway to the east...I hanging out with the Rastas, they brought in nuff pounds of the best ganja where I have seen the REAL Lambs bread/breath...I haven't seen a accurate description from anybody... truly nice...hawaiin sativa's, I'm taking beautiful specimens would blow a lot of stuff away today...most desirable...but conditions as it were , I lost Tha little seed bank collection...I cried...but lfe goes on..
cw

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Your old school Hawaiian you talk about. Does it have more of a hashy flavor? More of a pungent earthy / kush / hashy type flavor?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Lambsbread was brought to "Pinnacle" Jamaica and planted by Howell and the original Rastafari in the 40's and 50's from the Ethiopian highlands.

Last edited:
chillywilly

chillywilly

None of the kushes around at that time, but the original California sk#1, big bud, big skunk was the main hybrids then...the hawaiin was had a smooth fruity exotic taste and smell, sativa.. the Lambs bread is an extremely dense brownish/green much more denser than kushes, very earthy flavor and each buds we're very uniform like bullets, the smoke is very strong and fills you full like you ate a loaf of bread, and makes you pant(breathe at first) like a lamb and you take one breath per minute if not more, makes you contemplate life if you don't get up or take another breath, trust me, 30$ ozs then, but only seen it once, known as Tha Hola herb usually grown in I think Jerusalem in the mountains of Jamaica and said that Hailley Selassie endorsed as royal herb...also as said from some the elder Jamaicans that it a very short shrub- like bush that some called poison...it's not like anything I've seen since, I'm not even sure it's cannabis... that's my testimony of the Hola herb 83'...
cw

Homesteader

Homesteader

image.jpg

I would assume Lambsbread should look like Peter Tosh's and possessing no indica.

Top Bottom