What Is It Called?

• Thread starter nikson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nikson

nikson

If I took 3 auto seeds in the same room. And I put a silver colloid on one of them. So that it became hermaphrodite. They all took out seeds . what are these seeds called? f1? f2? I'm very confused by all the names and I'd like to know what it is. Thanks !!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
S1. Well actually that depends as well. If they were already selfed when you got them then they would be S2's.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
S means selfed. Its just a genetic term widely used in the cannabis industry. Again it depends on what you started with. if you started with feminized seeds then it would be S2 not S1.

F1 x F1 = F2
S1 x S1 = S2

nikson

nikson

S means selfed. Its just a genetic term widely used in the cannabis industry. Again it depends on what you started with. if you started with feminized seeds then it would be S2 not S1.

F1 x F1 = F2
S1 x S1 = S2

And that means that what comes out of the seeds will be like the plant they came from? or can genetics also be harmed in this process even if I took a super good strain?
They'll be auto flowering ?
thanks !

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a way to keep track of the process of seedmaking.

It’s really a much more complicated subject that you can spend years researching. I’m just summing it up for easy consumption.

To get into genetics is a whole nother can of worms.

If you self an autoflowering strain then it’s progeny will also be autoflowering.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

JWM2 is 100% and completely wrong. They would be an F2 if they are brothers and sisters. An S1 would be if you made a couple clones of the SAME plant and used it to pollinate itself.

If they came from different seeds they are not the same plant and therefore cannot be an S1.

The F2 generation is a pheno hunter's dream - Lots of variety to choose from.

nikson

nikson

JWM2 is 100% and completely wrong. They would be an F2 if they are brothers and sisters. An S1 would be if you made a couple clones of the SAME plant and used it to pollinate itself.

If they came from different seeds they are not the same plant and therefore cannot be an S1.

So now I have F2 seeds that are actually a mix of 3 different plants with different pheno. All of them female?
Can I now proceed the same way? Never getting a male in?

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

I just re-read your post and realized I missed a small detail - The seeds made by the pollen donor pollinating itself will be S1s. The rest are F2s.

You only used females, so you'll only get females (99.99% of the time, anyhow).

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

100% wrong eh? Cool story.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Besides if he started with selfed seeds and selfed those they would be s2 not s1. S1 would be the seed he grew.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Jw is right. Remember
1 fem seed Re gendered to male
That’s donor
2 female from seeds same strain
Each pollinated will make each one a s2.
They should maintain the same genetics as they all originated from the same strain provided they all came of the same plant originally ( we hope , when they sold it) so technically it’s an s2 (s1 if this is the first gen but knowing it’s fem seeds it would mean at the least it was s1 to begin with)
F2 would be a cross bred gene and this is a straight cross forward

nikson

nikson

After reading a bit I want to know that I understand correctly
F1 is a female from regular seed.
M0 is a male from regular seed.
S - Always be female.

F1 + F1 = S1
S1 + S1 = S2
S1 + F1 = S2
S2 + S1/S2 = S3

if i bay FEM seed from shop that HAVE to be - S1 or S2 or any S.
any combination between s create another s .
whan you got S5 + seeds you dont wont to cross it with S any more . the Ethylene is low and can cause hermaphrodite .
but you can always back cross it with a male from reg seed .
S5 + M0 = S4 -
S4 + M0 = S3 -
S3 + M0 = S2-

Right?

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

No, that is not the case. He did not start with S1s ,and even if he did these would not be S2s, they'd be F2s.

You can make feminized seeds from two unrelated plants. For example, if you reverse Blue Dream and use that pollen on OG Kush, you've made a new feminized F1 hybrid - NOT an S1. An S1 is ONLY when a plant pollinates itself via an identical clone.

nikson

nikson

I do not know now I'm very confused !
I found it online.
I think he's making sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom