Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

What Is The Maximum Number Of Clones You Can Cut From A Mother Plant ?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Growing' started by CannaMorocco, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Thank you guys for helping .

I need to know what is the maximum number of clones you can cut from a healthy mother plant ?

2. 1diesel1

1diesel1 Moderator Staff Member

Very vague question? Expand.

Ina, CannaMorocco and JWM2 like this.
  3. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

As many as she’ll give you. You want to leave some growth so it continues growing shoots but otherwise you can pretty take a clone from every shoot on a plant.

Monster762, Ina, UncleRomulus and 2 others like this.
  4. Depends on the size of the plant and how picky you are with the clones. I would say anywhere from 1-450ish.

5. How many clones at once ? For not causing stress for the plant , like first you cut 2 , then 4 then 8 then 16 ,, like that ? And till how much

1diesel1 and xavier7995 like this.
  6. Phylex

Phylex

Is the plant 6" tall, or 60' tall? It all depends. Reference JWM2's reply. Hope that helps.

JWM2 likes this.
  7. 1diesel1

JWM2 likes this.
  8. Dbear180

Dbear180

A million marijuanas!

9. JWM2

Has anyone messed with plant tissue culture cloning? Kind of an interesting topic. Could be the future of cloning. Would be interested if anyone here has done it successfully.

Ina, 1diesel1 and Dbear180 like this.
  10. Please @JWM2 , can you tell what is the maximum number of clones you cut from a plant at once ?

UncleRomulus and 1diesel1 like this.
  11. Yeah, it is sort of exponential growth like that. Clip a growth tip and off you go.

1diesel1 and JWM2 like this.
  12. JWM2

Post a picture of the plant in natural light or using your cameras flash.

Ina, 1diesel1 and UncleRomulus like this.
  13. 1diesel1

You have to understand the growth and age of the plant or the mother dictates safe cloning ability. There’s no magic number.

Ina, UncleRomulus and JWM2 like this.
  14. We are off season , i do not have a plant , i'm planning to buy some good seeds and make my own clones , i know how to cut clones , but i don't know how much i can cut , i 'm guessing you can't cut the whole plant into clones , that why i am asking for some experts informations , I hope you got my idea now.

1diesel1 and UncleRomulus like this.
  15. Dbear180

Dbear180

Dude I was just talking with the homie about this. I have a lemonwalker I'm tired of cloning to keep it around & thought maybe tissue culture could be the answer to keeping my genetics without having to really keep growing them. Still haven't talked to anyone who's done it tho.

1diesel1, CannaMorocco and JWM2 like this.
  16. JWM2

You could cut the whole plant into clones but I usually don’t. I just take a few shoots and allow it to grow out and take more cuttings as needed.

Ina, CannaMorocco and UncleRomulus like this.
  17. JWM2

I’ve been scouring the net and can’t really find much except at some point it’ll be easier. Wish I could find some decent examples of others who have done it successfully.

CannaMorocco likes this.
  18. I’m hearing all the bigger companies in Canada have been doin this for a while. Saw it on the tv
    Google is a your fingee tips my dawg. But I’d say ifn your sacrificing the mother completely I’d say 47 marijuanas exactly

JWM2 and CannaMorocco like this.
  19. It's not hard to manage a mother to give you a dozen clones at once. If you have the room to grow hig larger, that could be twice or three times that. Take a dozen of those, make them mothers, and now you can do a hundred easily. It's just how you manage the mother.

Ina, 1diesel1, JWM2 and 2 others like this.
  20. JWM2

Here’s an interesting video showing the plant material being prepared. It seems microclone is the kit currently available for about $200. Have not seen any reviews for it though.

UncleRomulus and 1diesel1 like this.