What Is The Stealthiest Way To Vent Out A Window

• Thread starter mauiinfinity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Whats up farmers! Lets here some of those genius ideas! I have two windows which are in full view on a 2 story room. There is also a sliding glass door to a deck and a small bathroom with a vent in it... What would be the best and low profile way to run exhaust?

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

ALL the new potable A/C's come with 2 dryer type duct hoses and attatch to the window...i would think doing the same thing would be sufficient, i know alot of ppl who do this and they dont grow

DPA100A1GP_set.jpg

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I'm still trying to figure this out in my grow.
I only have a 12"x6" vent to the outside.
And need to figure out intake and exhaust.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Is it a rental or can you do something more permanent like add a vent?Looks more normal/part of the houses systems then a hose going out a cracked window.
3a386b94-4166-4c5a-a8d0-c2e961f09f3b_145.jpg

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I'm still trying to figure this out in my grow.
I only have a 12"x6" vent to the outside.
And need to figure out intake and exhaust.
passive intake, and a 12" exhaust lol...thats how im doing in my grow, i got 2 rooms about 12 x 10 each, 4kw in each, with a 12" exhaust in each, they join together and merge into an 8" chimney duct...i know its not ideal, but 8" chimney is all i got.. in my house i got a/c, so i keep it cool in the house so its nice and comfy, and then the extra cool air gets drawm into my rooms via cracks under the door and stuff, i dont actually have an intake lol

Myco

Myco

If it's a rental, gutted A/C or portable A/C like already mentioned. Or vent into the attic (attics are vented either passively or with an exhaust fan) and repair holes in ceiling before moving... not hard to do...

Good luck.

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

hahah Joe fresh! great vid! really like the box method with the blinds.. He goes all out on that room. those trim machines suck though! Thanks for all the input guys I think I got an idea of what im gonna do!

G gnome

G gnome

another option would be to set up like this guy if your grow is in the same room as your window

Holy shit I remember watching that vid back in 2000 when i first got goin. Been doin that window thing since. It doesn't work too well with a 12" canfan lol. Top quality I think its called

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Holy shit I remember watching that vid back in 2000 when i first got goin. Been doin that window thing since. It doesn't work too well with a 12" canfan lol. Top quality I think its called
lol, do you use a muffler on it? im sure with the 12" you can use all the insulation you can get to reduce noise lol...i got 2 12" vortex fans, and there is a HUGE differece in noise when using an insulated duct and non=insulated....that being said my 8" maxfan HO makes less noise, takes less electricity, and puts out almost as much cfm(940cfm vs 1140cfm)....i wish they sold the 12" version of the maxfan HO, id buy 2 of them....

L

lovetogrow

Here it boys the solution to the problem. These guys have a standardized window insert for stealth window venting. They also do custom designs. Contact them through their website at www.evolvecannabis.ca I picked one up and couldn't be happier.

From their website:

Introducing the first of our line of growing products for small scale home cultivation:

Our patent pending plug and play intake and exhaust ventilation insert for sliding windows:

- Polystyrene core with R rating of 7;

- Air intake port with filter media and coarse grill cover (to keep out pests);

- Air exhaust port with coarse grill cover to (keep out pests);

- 4" ducting connectors;

- Durable vinyl all weather wrap; and

-With integrated formable sides to ensure proper seal with window.

The piece is 3 feet long designed to fit any domestic sliding window. Upon receipt of product customer will cut the piece to fit their specific window size and slide into place.

We also do custom orders to fit your specific situation! Contact us to discuss your needs!

Fullsizeoutput 194c
Fullsizeoutput 194b
Fullsizeoutput 195e
Fullsizeoutput 1960
Top Bottom