Votes: 17 44.7%
  • HID

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • T5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Grew a couple times in the 90’s with a heat lamp in attic with minimal bud production.
Became an annuals manager/grower for a local garden center and learned a lot about botany, have always wanted to apply the knowledge to cannabis.
I had a small outdoor grow this summer and got hooked. I have been getting everything situated for an indoor run and ready to go(minus a couple tweaks). 2X4X7, timber 300W Vero29’s, LOS and dropping seeds in a week.
My state has been medical for 6 years with no home grow. Just passed senate and assembly floor to vote adult recreational including home grow!!! F’n game changer for me. Should have final vote first week of December.
So I’d say old skool using new school technology for me.
Nice start of a thread J
Ny?

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Used to be old school. Germinate a bunch of seeds, pick the ones that look best, plant them in the ground, and hope you get 3 to 4 females. Now have moved indoors, use LED's, and can clone females all day from a mother plant.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Used to be old school. Germinate a bunch of seeds, pick the ones that look best, plant them in the ground, and hope you get 3 to 4 females. Now have moved indoors, use LED's, and can clone females all day from a mother plant.

I’d say you’re still old school just a little bit of new technology to go with it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The first time I ever smelled someone smoking was in Cape May, NJ...under the boardwalk, circa 69. :cool:
1976 I was 6. Mom left dad me and my brother for a construction hippi. She got us for the weekends. First time to there house lots of hippies they sat in the living room and smoked out of that gurgling thing. Mom said don’t ever touch it, but I did. First time I touched it I drank the water. That’s the first and last time I ever did that:(

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was about 10, visiting with my family. I had a couple of older cousins who worked there as maids and showed me the "wild" side of Cape May! I was still pretty young and hadn't tried it yet...it was all pretty marginal Mexican, but I remember the smell coming up thru the boardwalk. Those were the days, or so we thought. Everyone was going to change the world, ...except everyone turned into lawyers and ruined the rest of it

madgrower

madgrower

I was about 10, visiting with my family. I had a couple of older cousins who worked there as maids and showed me the "wild" side of Cape May! I was still pretty young and hadn't tried it yet...it was all pretty marginal Mexican, but I remember the smell coming up thru the boardwalk. Those were the days, or so we thought. Everyone was going to change the world, ...except everyone turned into lawyers and ruined the rest of it
I was terrified of it and anyone who smoked it until I was about 13 lol. Hillbilly from the sticks. Don’t know why it was never even talked about in my home

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
1976 I was 6. Mom left dad me and my brother for a construction hippi. She got us for the weekends. First time to there house lots of hippies they sat in the living room and smoked out of that gurgling thing. Mom said don’t ever touch it, but I did. First time I touched it I drank the water. That’s the first and last time I ever did that:(

So........much.........spit...........and...........drool

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I smelled it when I was about 3 or 4 years old in our trailer house. First and last time I met one of my uncles and when I came out of my room into the kitchen I smelled something odd. I wouldn’t know what it was for another 12 years.

I tried it a few times when I was 16 and it didn’t seem to work. The guys I was with were baked and i didn’t have a buzz at all. Then one day a buddies mom whipped out a joint and passed it to my little brother and I. We both looked at each other after a few minutes and started laughing our asses off. We had finally gotten stoned.

The shitty thing was I had to drive home about an hour later so we stopped at a river and I dunked my head trying to sober up. That didn’t work. We got home and my step mom was there. We made a bee line for our beds and slept it off. I remember laying there thinking I was on a roller coaster. It was freaky. My stomach was dropping on every hill and it felt so real. Then I woke up the next morning and the search for my next buzz was on.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I smelled it when I was about 3 or 4 years old in our trailer house. First and last time I met one of my uncles and when I came out of my room into the kitchen I smelled something odd. I wouldn’t know what it was for another 12 years.
We should start another thread about first times. I drooled like I had rabies and it took me a couple of times before I caught a buzz. I remember the 1st time it hit me..we were at a neighbor's and he was putting a new engine in his 64 mustang. All of the guys were a few years older...I just sort of hung out with the big dogs. They all commented on how good of smoke it was (at $20/brick!). I went home afterwards and was thirsty, so I grabbed a gallon jug of milk (before plastic...still had a milkman!) and as I took my 1st swallow...BANG! I lost my balance and spilled the milk everywhere, laughing like I was possessed. With Nixon in office, maybe I was!!

scubascrog

scubascrog

I've been growing off and on for 10 years but I consider myself new school... definitely like new tech, went from cfl to mh/hps to blurple to qb. went from soil to dwc to dwc and coco. organic taste is sweet but after trying jacks 321 I'm hooked on hydro.

the more I can control the more I am entertained
K.I.S.S. isn't really my thing.

love me some old g-13 romulan and chemdog, C-99, B.C. God bud, and og strains.
but the new wave.... alien cookies / wedding cake /skywalker OG / oni's cookies and DVG's breath strains are pretty damn good. I'm doing Gorilla glue x Zkittlez next so that's about as new as you can go.

I love indoor but eventually I want to hemp farm when I get older.

First time I touched it I drank the water. That’s the first and last time I ever did that:(

LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We would stop in Hammonton on the way to the shore to pick up actual old school outdoor grown real deal skunk weed. This was in the mid to late 80’s and early 90’s.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
We would stop in Hammonton on the way to the shore to pick up actual old school outdoor grown real deal skunk weed. This was in the mid to late 80’s and early 90’s.
Those were the days. Only time I ever got busted with weed 1986 I was 16. Just picked up a quarter of real deal purple kush. Giddy little school boy in his souped up mustang flyin down TV highway doing 45 in a 30. Cop pulls me over I shove it in the door speaker hole. Man it stunk, she could smell it when she got out the car. She says to me “where’s the weed”. I played stupid, she can’t find it they call the dog out he finds it in 1 second. I get a ticket for possession. Dad has to go to court with me I just told him it was a traffic ticket. Get into court judge calls my name and states my charge. Man the look on my dads face when he heard the charge was priceless. Got my ass whooped when we got home.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Been going 18 years now. Started with the full organic mindset. Transitioned to Ebb and flo tables. Went Coco then to DWC then back to Coco with hydroton/silica rocks somewhere in there. Tried every nute line under the sun. Tried Teas. Tried amending Coco. Went back and forth more times then I would like to count. 1 Thing I never did chase was lighting fads. I have pretty much been using 1k's from day 1. Prob 20 diff hoods but still the same old lights. I know DE's, LED, CMH ect are out there but I see no point in changing unless 1 day I walk in and they all break on the same day. They all paid for themselves years ago. It's what I know and don't care to work out new kinks in new stuff at this point.

Bout 2 years ago I really started honing in on cost. Trying to be efficient as possible. Basically told myself that trips to the hydro shop would be for cloning gel if I ran out before I ordered more. Haven't broke that promise to myself. Really started researching nutes and the chemistry side of it. Lots and lots of reading and phone calls. Talked to a couple people on the glass house side of the gardening industry and their whole approach to it.

So now it's rockwool from start to finish in the same cube and strait salts. Price per plant/per grow has pretty much hit rock bottom. I honestly don't think I could cut the cost anymore then I have while keeping ease of use and quick flips on the rooms while keeping labor to a min. Working on the legal side really opened my eyes to how much waste happens on the big scale and how it trickles down to the small scale. After really sticking to this for the last 2 years I look back on all the years and all the money wasted on chasing fads and bad advice from people who were talking out of their asses with no real experience. It's kind of my own sick humor at the end of the day.

So my journey is kind of backwards. I was a new school grower chasing the newer school methods who transitioned into an old grower mindset and decided to use old school tech and stick with it I guess.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I remember when I was like 14 me andy friends were smoking out of his dads bong and one of my friends said i heard if you drink the bong water it g err ts you really high. Me and one other friend tried it. Needless to say it didn't get us high, it made us sick as shit. That was the first and last time i ever did that.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I remember when I was like 14 me andy friends were smoking out of his dads bong and one of my friends said i heard if you drink the bong water it g err ts you really high. Me and one other friend tried it. Needless to say it didn't get us high, it made us sick as shit. That was the first and last time i ever did that.
LOL!

Top Bottom