What Led Light Would Be Better?

• Thread starter New Guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

New Guy

I have been using a 400w MH HID to veg for years. would one of these be just as good or better than my MH 400 in a 3x3 area? or any other ideas that might come to mind. Bout $200 or under hopefully is what i can do. Thank you very much for your help

1. 2_COB_DIY_KIT_NO_REFLECTORS__75147.1479432152.jpg
King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light Double Chips Full Spectrum with UV and IR for Greenhouse Indoor Plant Veg and Flower
71LUu42P7rL._SL1200_.jpg

or
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
71m0mkQKXmL._SL1500_.jpg

brazel

brazel

The timber is what I'd use
What do you mean by better?
The 400mh would provide higher par, more heat and more electricity.

N

New Guy

I just wasn't sure if i could do better than with my 400 MH. maybe save some energy money and or bigger better plants. thank you

K

kansabis

I just wasn't sure if i could do better than with my 400 MH. maybe save some energy money and or bigger better plants. thank you
That timber is the only option that you gave I would spend any money on but I don't think it quite compares to the mh,you would need another couple cobs.

brazel

brazel

You don't need mad light in veg, in a 3x3 100w would work if you got them skills but I'd suggest 200w citizen

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Rapid led has a few cheaper kits

Everything is shit aside that timber.

Ask me how I know??

I have plans for a rapid kit I think. I already have a smaller horticulture lighting Samsung LM561c diaode board to setup. I have hi hopes for.

But the cob n Samsung strip lights are where it's at. Everything else is cheap junk

Now if u have two of them, or 3, you can grow some decent stuff. But no point in buying 2 or 3 so so leds.

N

New Guy

Thank you CBDfutute4, I finally just emailed cobkits and asked them for suggestions.. hopefully they will email me back.

I am willing to try and diy but if it would be better to do something like this https://cobkits.com/product/cxm22-passive-light-engine-133mm/ i would. For my area should i use a bigger one like CLU048-1212 Active Light Engine (single) – CobKits.com

so this is what i was looking into should this be fine for my 3x3 area?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I would try to stay efficient as you can

That means not driving them as hard

Cree 3590 are going to be better then the ones u picked.

The ones u picked are in between vero s n Cree.

I'd drive them lower n make sure u can dim your setup.

N

New Guy

the system that i put down above would that be better on electric bill and hopefully just as good or better grow than my mh400w and can you do both Veg and flowering? I have been looking into the cree 3590 but it just keeps pushing me above what i can spend.

and do i need a certain color to these cobs? like cool,warm,natural.. and I am not sure what you mean by driving lower, sorry

Thank you so much for all the help with this.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Yes, one light will do it all. 3500k is what'd I'd get for that, veg n flower

My tiny is 3k, but that's cuz I plan on a 5k too.

If you are on a budget get the cheap rapid led vero kit. Drive it hard. Get all necessary items to dim it. Veros like to be driven hard, they are most efficient there but are hotter then a Cree would be.

But for now, the rapid kit for 220 n then all the stuff to max it out n dim

Then save for crees or LM561c Samsung

its only good for 3x3 or 2x3 but that's y your saving for another.

brazel

brazel

Rapid led has a few cheaper kits

Everything is shit aside that timber.

Ask me how I know??

I have plans for a rapid kit I think. I already have a smaller horticulture lighting Samsung LM561c diaode board to setup. I have hi hopes for.

But the cob n Samsung strip lights are where it's at. Everything else is cheap junk

Now if u have two of them, or 3, you can grow some decent stuff. But no point in buying 2 or 3 so so leds.
Ok... how do you know?

I'm not sure what this pertains to, but I didn't want to leave you hanging!

And now I'm curious ha
Cheers

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Cuz I wasted my money on a couple n then sold them to a buddy for 40% of what I paid.

They did jack. U can make em work with enough of them......but by that point there will be a good bit of heat

At that heat point, it would be way better to have a hps. Your leds wouldn't be efficient n would put off a good amount of heat.

Efficiency n heat production are their edge over hps lights. But at that point they really don't have it anymore n if u can cool your room with a few. U could cool it with a cool tube 600. Of vented hood 400hps....which would produce way more.

Waste 300/400 n 6 months if time. You ll learn too

sixstring

sixstring

Thank you for all the replies and information, has anyone heard of this website? if so are they legit? seems like a great deal. Thank you
https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com...spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.44.6373dd0Hceyzq

Or this is more within my price range.
https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com...spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.2.3247d7c5bmsiKR

Thanks again for all the help
this guy is legit and those kits are a good value.cobkits is also a good dude to buy from.but 2 x 1212 shitizen wont be enough light for a 3x3,you need like 5 cobs and they will run off a mw 185-1050ma driver or you can run 4 of them on the 1400ma driver.either way will be a good amount of light in a 3x3

sixstring

sixstring

Cuz I wasted my money on a couple n then sold them to a buddy for 40% of what I paid.

They did jack. U can make em work with enough of them......but by that point there will be a good bit of heat

At that heat point, it would be way better to have a hps. Your leds wouldn't be efficient n would put off a good amount of heat.

Efficiency n heat production are their edge over hps lights. But at that point they really don't have it anymore n if u can cool your room with a few. U could cool it with a cool tube 600. Of vented hood 400hps....which would produce way more.

Waste 300/400 n 6 months if time. You ll learn too
what lights/kit are you talking about.read back but cant figure out what your talking about lol

Top Bottom