What Led Light Would Be Better?

• Thread starter New Guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Cuz I wasted my money on a couple n then sold them to a buddy for 40% of what I paid.

They did jack. U can make em work with enough of them......but by that point there will be a good bit of heat

At that heat point, it would be way better to have a hps. Your leds wouldn't be efficient n would put off a good amount of heat.

Efficiency n heat production are their edge over hps lights. But at that point they really don't have it anymore n if u can cool your room with a few. U could cool it with a cool tube 600. Of vented hood 400hps....which would produce way more.

Waste 300/400 n 6 months if time. You ll learn too
I'm not totally sure what you're saying but I feel like you're saying if I have 12 cobs at 50w they would be hotter than a 600w HPS and the hps would be air cooled and produce way more!? Is this correct?

P

popa thizzz

I use meizhi led grow lights I got a 450 for like 100 bucks and works great

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I'm not totally sure what you're saying but I feel like you're saying if I have 12 cobs at 50w they would be hotter than a 600w HPS and the hps would be air cooled and produce way more!? Is this correct?

One you wouldnt need 12-50w cobs to equal a 600hps.

Mainly talking that the cheap leds are not that cool or efficient

Moving to a vented hood or cool tube hps makes the heat much more manageable and you may as well just go hps if you have to cool n dissipate that heat. They have their upside.

Buy one good smaller cob kit n run it in the space you have. Once u harvest and get some roi pick up another to max out your space.

M

mj420

I'm running two 450W Viparspectra in a 4x4 tent for my last 3 grows. I've seen very little difference in yield and quality in comparison to my 600W HPS. Just an impression...no hard numbers. It was a good option when the weather was hot here and my e-bill was noticeably offset. Light penetration to the plant lowers was a bit lacking so scrog was the way to go. I ran some different Mephisto Auto's last go. The quality and yields were pretty shocking. Going back to HPS for the winter run on some Mycotek gear.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If I were you,I would go for MEIZHI led,I got a 450W before on Amazon.com,it never let me down.View attachment 797153
Hey @Fay399
I hope you know this thread dates back to Last December..But WTF..I started with Meizhi 450's too and they were great for the $$$..Then I sold them off to get some HLG QBs which are unbelievable (Not Burple , but white light)
Welcome to the Farm..:smoking:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I know this is a old thread,it's OK,I am just share.BTW,why you sold the MEIZHI light out?I think it's good light.
It is a VERY good light for the $$..IMO the days of burples are somewhat limited. I kept only 1 of my Burples (a Unit Farms UFO80, I got free for testing..$400 then)..It is great and balances out my 3x3 lower tent perfectly.. I have a Nextlight Mini (150w TRUE white light) and 2 x QB132s (2700k ) as well..

I have never seen tight buds as with the QBs..In conjunction with the Unit Farms Burple..well judge for yourself :cool:(sorry for the Pic..she is under The UF and the QBs)

Again..I think the Meizhi's are great for the $$.. I just wanted more..LOL
There are folks here that have setups that make mine look weak AF too LMAO
@Toaster79 @sixstring YOUR SHOWOFF TIME:) So many other members TOO;)
PE2

H

heisen

It is a VERY good light for the $$..IMO the days of burples are somewhat limited. I kept only 1 of my Burples (a Unit Farms UFO80, I got free for testing..$400 then)..It is great and balances out my 3x3 lower tent perfectly.. I have a Nextlight Mini (150w TRUE white light) and 2 x QB132s (2700k ) as well..

I have never seen tight buds as with the QBs..In conjunction with the Unit Farms Burple..well judge for yourself :cool:(sorry for the Pic..she is under The UF and the QBs)

Again..I think the Meizhi's are great for the $$.. I just wanted more..LOL
There are folks here that have setups that make mine look weak AF too LMAO
@Toaster79 @sixstring YOUR SHOWOFF TIME:) So many other members TOO;)
View attachment 797157
That user was spamming the forum.shows over nothing more to see lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom