What Licenses do i need to open a delivery service in Davis,Ca?

• Thread starter Cannasseuir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannasseuir

I am looking to open a delivery service and I am already aware that i need a sellers permit. Now I just need to know what other licenses and permits i need to be completely legal. I plan on setting up an appointment with an attorney in the near future but thought i would try here first. Anything helps, thanks.

urbanfog

urbanfog

Good luck, as a semi local of davis anyone taking the next step to provide proper medicine is a good step

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would talk to that attorney first and foremost. Delivery services, as I understand it, are in an odd gray legal area.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Attorney first, you won't find any pertinent information here and if you do, who is giving it to you...lol

Dunge

Dunge

I think the idea that a delivery service is more legal is because it is harder to enforce.
Not being caught by LEO is your best outcome.
MMJ is no place for a person who needs to be "perfectly legal".
An attorney can only assure you that he will need a retainer.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

There's no way Davis, CA has laws for this. Yet.

Keep numbers down. Travel light. Card handy. Use vacuum sealed bags. Stash in trunk.

Don't give cops excuses. You should be set.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Agreed Urbanfog. I've obtained this way, in Cali. It's easy and everywhere on West Coast.

The question is only how tight is the Davis PD about it.

With mj, some municipalities ignore state law as much as they can. That can be a good or bad thing.

urbanfog

urbanfog

and personally, woodland and north sac would benefit and all accessible via the i5 and 99 highways....gotta love back roads :)

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Good deal, bro.

If you're a producer, this is your best way to maximize income. I've never had problems with craigslist transactions.

Just FOLLOW your local laws - keep your limits under numbers that make it worth prosecuting you. Not saying you shouldn't consult a local or state attorney. You should always stay on the good side of the law and be prepared to retain an attorney in your defense if need be.

California is very progressive but abide your local laws and expectations. No need to push it. Keep your patients happy and they'll come back to you.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yo if you keep 8oz or less you are covered by state law. Might mean more trips, or more employees, but it can be done successfully.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

^^ yup.
Also check city and county law. Oakland, CA allows 3 lbs personal with a medical card. There are a lot of places in WA state that you'll get arrested for it in your car just because they want to nail you with a DUI ticket or some such nonsense.
Wish I was kidding.

Def know your laws/zoning/ordinances locally. Probably wise to roll with a radar detector at all times, too. Don't be too cowboy about it... just my take. Remember, cities control mj dispensary licenses in CA. They like the tax $ and control. They don't like the cowboy craigslist underground that way.
Again, just my opinion. Know the rules from bottom to top. You know the Feds don't approve but they're not your main threat. Its all about local.

Everyone needs to remember there are a whole lot of cops, prosecutors, and judges that didn't get the memo and cities love criminal justice income, even though its 2013 and you're in a medicinal state.

C

Cannasseuir

Sweet thank you guys. I've been doing a ton of researching for a while now and have learned so much about the MMJ business, it's just hard figuring out taxing details and such. It always seems like one person says do it one way then the next says that will get you shut down. I will do much more research and will talk to a couple Lawyers before I actually open up for business. Thank you guys again, and if anyone gets more info that might help, send it my way!

NorCalepsy

NorCalepsy

I'm a member of several delivery services down in the 805, just use them to kind of keep my fingers on the price pulse and network . I can tell you that the only licenses most of them have is a drivers license . I'm pretty sure some don't even have that .

Top Bottom