What light cycle do you prefer for flowering 12/12 or 13/11?????

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

I wanted to see how many people go with the standard 12/12 flowering cycle vs. 13/11 flowering cycle! I have previously done both and seem to have better results from 13 hours of light 11 hours of darkness. What does everyone else think?:

sun2

G

Gro

i posted a thread related to this but put it in the wrong place,...i'm new to the e-farm thing.sorry logic.
in it i mentioned a variable light schedule for a 9 week strain i am running.
week 1-3 12hrs on
week 4-6 13hrs on
week 7-9 12hrs on:cool:

i have found that starting with 13 hours doesn't budset hard or quick enough for me.
and finishing with 13 seems to affects trichome development.i do enjoy the boost in
weight the x-tra light gives me.a total of 21 hours of light per run.

good luck.

P

paulycali

i just flipped the switch yesterday and decide to go with 13-11 till week 7 and then go 12 on 12 off till harvest. i def got a bigger yield in the past from 13-11 but with the resin production in the last few weeks i think i will drop it to 12-12 from week 7

supercharged

supercharged

i just flipped the switch yesterday and decide to go with 13-11 till week 7 and then go 12 on 12 off till harvest. i def got a bigger yield in the past from 13-11 but with the resin production in the last few weeks i think i will drop it to 12-12 from week 7

doesnt resin production increase with more light?

Kosmo

Kosmo

weeks 1-3 11/13
weeks 4-8 12/12
36hr darkness before chop

tried the 13/11 a few years back, and have since gone this route with great success. I foliar feed during the 11/13 weeks (first 3 weeks of bloom) 2-3 times a week. I find that 11/13 makes the whole foliar feeding regiment in bloom that much easier. i.e. lights go on at 9pm-9am during a normal 12/12 cycle. that mean youd have to be careful to not interrupt there light cycle, while you're spraying them an hr before lights go on(9pm). So instead i give them 11/13 during those weeks, so i spray at 9pm lights go on at 10pm given me an hour to do the spraying and the plants to absorb and evaporate away before HID lights go on. this also promotes budsites sooner.

id like to see those running 13/11 do alittle math after harvest; if the extra 1hr of light balances out with watts used and weight gained. i never bothered when i ran 13/11, just didnt flow right with me, different stokes for all sorta of folks (very curious of the results regardless)

P

paulycali

i for sure yielded more doing the 13 hours of light 11 hours darkness. and for the quality of the smoke everyone said the 13/11 grow was the best one yet. They only got to see the dried nugs too! i did 3 tests and the overall smell look and weight was best during 13/11 cycle. calculate all the times for sunrise and sunset the calculations never fall on 12/12. i heard of people pushing there lights even up to 14 on 10 off. i will be taking pics of my entire flowering cycle with 13/11 cycle. its under the thread 2010 medical grow. i will put pics of asap. mostly blue dream, with some rare og's, la woman, trainwreck and sour diesel. check it out!

supercharged

supercharged

could doing this not stress the plants a little bit though m8 an may cause them 2 hermie? think i read that sumwhere before

G

Gro

P in my 9 week schedule i use 21 more hours of light.add that to standard 12/12 schedule(756 hrs),there is a total increase of aprox. 2.78% power use.total yield increase was aprox.14%.i have only ran the new schedule one time so some of the results could be attributed to the fact that runs usually do get a little better each time u do them.however this is a genetic i have run in the same method and in the same room for a while.so i believe the #s are not to far off.

sc, no stress induced hermi's.

Reactions: 313
P

paulycali

i also wanted to note that i veg under 24 hrs of light! so when the 13/11 starts they love it all in all. one thing i forget who said it but it does seem to take a little longer to start seeing buds then it does with 12/12. still taking the same length till harvest. it seems to give them 3 phases of rapid bud production during flowering. starts off really slow then bam lots of buds, then slows not as much as initial budset then bam more bud production and the final 3rd phase is amazing no slow just bud develpment

P

paulycali

hey g,ro! on one of my grows, this was my first grow of this particular strain, and decided to go with the 13/11 cycle for flowering. Did 2 more runs after that with the same strain but 12/12 and the 13/11 def produced more buds

G

Gro

paulycali,......sounds like ur down with results.what did u think about over all quality?

M

MASSES 420KING

to be honest it all depends the rooms situation for instance lets say you run an advanced perpetual flower room where a new group of plants is introduced every 3-5 weeks you really got to stick with 12/12now on the other hand lets say you crop a whole room at one time by all means push it to the limit i used to do 13 on 11 off and vice versa but after much tinkering and internal debate ive decide to stick with the strate 12/12 [you can only reinvent the wheel so many times this method is tried and true

P

paulycali

Whats funny is i did 2 grows with the same strain just recently one 13/11 and the other 12/12. Everyone who either smoked or saw the plants said the first one was better, bigger, tastier and smellier. I agreed, thats why i am back on the 13/11 cycle. People have done alot of research on how long the sun stays up during the grow season and how long it stays down. They put together alot of data which shows that during most of flowering the plant recieves up to 14 1/2 hrs of light and less than 10 hrs of darkness. it fluctuates throughtout the flowering season ending with a light cycle of pretty much 13/11. I belive it some what like 12 hrs 45 minutes and 11 hrs and 15 minutes. And thats at the end of there life cycle annd growing season. I havent experimented enough, i think 5 or 10 grows messing with the light cycle for example 13/11 weeks 1-6 or 7 and week 8-9 12/12. All in all i think this cycle will be 24 hrs of veg and for flowering 13/11 and then next cycle i will do 24 hrs veg and for flowering 13/11 with some tweaking of the lighting later in flowering. we will see what happens

G

Gro

m420k is right.this schedule locks you out of a perpetual set up,unless u have 3 f-chambers with mobile trays.:rasta:
i'm with you p,.....what about a fuzzy logic timer that could be programed to simulate sun/light schedules specific to geographic regions?:thinking

P

paulycali

That would be cool! I got a thread going with a 13/11 flowering schedule havent posted pics yet but the threads there and will post pics any minute now. thread is called 2010 medi grow. we will showem how its done

S

S. Plisskin

Has anyone tested the quality of 11 ON and 13 OFF buds? I think the 11 hours on makes them finish faster but I wonder about the quality and if the difference is noticeable. Also the yield difference.

Reactions: Ina

Latest posts

Top Bottom