• Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just like the title states.

What made you "face palm" today?

There has to be some great ones.
I'll start.

Fellow "grower" and "buddy" now runs a sealed co2 room. He uses a portable ac like I do. He has his ac outside the sealed room, ducting IN the cold ac air. But doesn't have any exhaust. So in other words, he is making his sealed room into a balloon from all the + pressure. And he wonders why he goes thru a 20# tank of gas in 24hrs on fuzzy logic.

Lmfao!

It took me all of 2 mins to figure out his issue.

My next line is and always is "Please deposit $50.00".

Side note, he is going to hook me up with a new clone.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Just like the title states.

What made you "face palm" today?

There has to be some great ones.
I'll start.

Fellow "grower" and "buddy" now runs a sealed co2 room. He uses a portable ac like I do. He has his ac outside the sealed room, ducting IN the cold ac air. But doesn't have any exhaust. So in other words, he is making his sealed room into a balloon from all the + pressure. And he wonders why he goes thru a 20# tank of gas in 24hrs on fuzzy logic.

Lmfao!

It took me all of 2 mins to figure out his issue.

My next line is and always is "Please deposit $50.00".

Side note, he is going to hook me up with a new clone.
Sealed? Are you sure? Move the a/c unit inside. Duct the hot out. Blow up a carbon filter scrubbing inside, you have created a vacuum no loss of O2.
45673E99 CF2B 4FD7 96D1 CDE0D5AFE37E
F4EF7162 EC7C 4B5D 86C6 6DC2DA2E8793
AFC4A8AD A2F1 4EA2 83AE B701667549AC
6B21C57C 5AE6 4312 AE58 10ADC7EA97CC
That’s how I rolled this in my “garage grow” post.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You dont understand how a single portable ac unit works. The unit uses it own air in the room to cool the compressor, this uses the cold air in the room. If you put the unit in another room, and just blow the outgoing air into another room, viola instant positive pressure (just like blowing up a balloon.

2toughtony

2toughtony

I trimmed up a single bud of legend for a taste havent had it in like 9 months wind was so bad it blew it outta my hand then I knocked myself out because of the wind and my car door was out for like 10 sec till I woke up with the door slamming my legs lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I had a patients 200.00 car door catch wind as well and cash out my passenger door into my fender. I have metallic paint. 3600 for a repaint of the fender, both doors, and 1/2 back 1/4 to blend it in.

I now tack on 25.00 every meetup until I recoup my loss.

Last edited:
Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm a painter at a collision repair center. My helper didn't make enough color to finish the whole side on a Toyota Sequoia (biggest SUV they make). So I went mixed up about 6 ozs more color (takes about 12 diff toners mixed up to make it) everything was cool, put the container on my gun give it a shake, walk to the booth still shaking paint on gun like I always do, walk in the booth & the paint container let's loose mid shake. Streams of paint go flying like a kid shot gunning his first beer, & landed on panels I had ready for clear, paint is all over me, all over the floor, up the wall, & only about one of the six ozs I mixed up stayed in the container. Had to wait for the globs to dry on the panels otherwise it smears & is visible under the clear, sand them down, make more paint, re-finesse coat the whole side again. Basically a minor miscalculation in material & a ten minute fix became a hour+ mission. At least I didn't get any in my mouth or eyes but man was I pissed at that paint cup lol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Love seeing another fellow body/painter. I used to do show cars (auto show, pre/post production, concept, reveal, refurbishing the old big 3 cars (#1's and last built).

I dont like having 20k in tools collecting dust now.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Love seeing another fellow body/painter. I used to do show cars (auto show, pre/post production, concept, reveal, refurbishing the old big 3 cars (#1's and last built).

I dont like having 20k in tools collecting dust now.

Been waiting til I get some extra time on my hands to get this thing done. Its single stage enamel with a high gloss additive. My dad did it back in the early 90s.
20180331 130128
not looking forward to sanding it all down.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Another one today. Someone asked why I was being so secretive this week & whispering to everyone. I whispered as loud as I could to them, "BECAUSE IM LOSING MY VOICE! YOU THINK I INTENTIONALLY WANNA SOUND LIKE BATMAN ALL DAY!?" (even tho I do enjoy my batman voice for the first day when I start to lose my real voice lol)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Facepalm myself

6yrs ago I wheeled out a single stage 1970s gm historical race car. It was black. My yellow synthetic wool pad was BLACK. No one told me single stage paint when wheeled out (high speed buffing) will also remove some of the ss paint.

I almost shat myself when I told my boss. Be lol'd at me for weeks

Dbear180

Dbear180

Facepalm myself

6yrs ago I wheeled out a single stage 1970s gm historical race car. It was black. My yellow synthetic wool pad was BLACK. No one told me single stage paint when wheeled out (high speed buffing) will also remove some of the ss paint.

I almost shat myself when I told my boss. Be lol'd at me for weeks

I tried being a nice guy & buffing some scratches off the rear door of a black Infiniti we had just done 1/4 & rear bumper. I found out the hard way that door was single stage. Went from black to grey in a few seconds dead center of the door with the wool pad lol. Had to paint that one for free. The boss was kinda pissed but I mean how was I supposed to know, I was just trying to make the job look better lol.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You dont understand how a single portable ac unit works. The unit uses it own air in the room to cool the compressor, this uses the cold air in the room. If you put the unit in another room, and just blow the outgoing air into another room, viola instant positive pressure (just like blowing up a balloon.
Yes, you are correct. It works the same as any hvac equipment. There’s a supply and return. The unit is still creating a vacuum in the room if it is operating inside that room. Remember there’s still an exhaust fan for the hot air but your still pulling more volume of return then exhaust. Ironically it all depends on the size of your room and the tonage of your hvac unit that your using to cool your grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom