What makes dense buds ??

• Thread starter cutdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baaka_san

baaka_san

No one has brought up light wattage or intensity yet? Wouldn't this also account for density...?

Venom818

Venom818

tobacco farmers don't flush, veggie farmers don't flush. if you don't go crazy with additives and super high ec's, the only reason to flush is for color, and i don't smoke weed for its color!

Are you kidding me,who told you the only reason to flush is for color.I have smoked bud both ways and smoking flushed buds is 100% better taste better burns clean

tobacco farmers dont flush but thats the least of your worries when smoking tobacco why flush when there giving you cancer anyway

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
1. genetic 80%
2. environment (light, temps, airflow) 10%
3. nutes 1%
4 .slow drying and curing 9%

for dense nugs JMO:hi

1. light,temps and air flow 50%
2.genetics 30%
3.nutes at right time 10%
4.flush dry and cure 10%

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

The best advice I can giveanyone on how to grow top notch dense buds is the same best advice I was givin years ago when I started online.... find the cats who have regular grow threads documenting there growing style an experience with the genitics and copy it.... no better way to utilize k.I.s.s. then copying an already proven system/strain combo.... Az

soserthc1

soserthc1

dense

Omg sog man great post really lot of excellent info man ty very much made alot of sense ,and seamaiden ty maam for the experience given to me .The temprature explanation is excellent all of the post was awesome but i hae fougt thehigh temprature monster this whole grow.The bud is really good body high lots resinglands and good pistol production just bud stretched and i believe it was combo of poor non phed water and high temps...thiswinters grow will be better i can control temp alot etter and i have a decent strain Bubbalious ..ty u all for post yall rock....u live u learn u grow u listen
I myself have only completed two grows, the third is cooking up now and "seems to me " indica - dense mostly sativa - fluffy good pot is good pot in my book, yes i do strive to get better and better but i have not grown anything as bad as the seedy mexican bundles that i used to pay for,,,,,why cant someone teach them killing , thiefing cartels to get the fucking males out. It aint that hard. I can remember buy oz's full of seeds (anyone ever try to t9 seeds on your phone and it come out refer first lol) if you grow it and have some idea of what you are doing it will be cheaper and better than what you used to buy , hard to argue when good quality bud is pennies a gram,,,, peace

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Great reading/reads.

my2p.

Genetics- a given- indica strains that produce fat, resinous flowers will dry into denser buds than will S.E. Asian foxtails.
Nutes- a given- plants, (and microherds, in my grow style lingo) that don't have an adequate nutritional reservoir to draw from, regardless of deficiency or growth stage, will produce buds that are less dense than a well fed counterpart. I try to maintain an overview of the "whole" plant and attempt to anticipate/stay 1 step** ahead of it's needs throughout it's life cycle. (**2 if I'm lucky, 0 if I'm new to the strain/group.) I'm still working on my first grand slam.
Temps- *extremes* or dramatic shifts in either direction over time will challenge the plant's vigor and, ultimately effect bud quality and density.
Light Quality- Too few foot candles will produce a weak plant w/ stretch and light, wispy buds. With horticultural bulbs, color temp shouldn't effect bud density unless they are old and need replacing, in which case, plants tend to stretch and produce thinner buds.
pH- usually is self-stabilizing in my system but sometimes, despite all of my good intentions, the pH will drift- usually upward as a result of slow release Ca, for instance. pH is where I go first if I sense that things are beginning to get a bit out of whack.

Guidelines- basic, anecdotal but helpful 2 me
- mid-late veg- pump w/ easily digestible N. I'm more apt to give too little than too much w/ all of the macronutes, but w/ N in particular.
- flowering mix- if I overdo anything, it is P. Harder to get it into the rhizosphere through teas than other nutes and more difficult to over apply.
- pumping in some extra K and concentrated kelp extract late in the gamut seems to help promote size and density.

That's the short version, anyways.

jyip

jyip

good info, tho IMO flushing is a bit overated unless you r giving them crazy amounts of salts

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe that's what giving folks cancer

government subsudised raidoactive fertilizer
this is what is giving people cancer it all propagtes the
Monsanto money machine we pay to get sick and then we pay to get medication that they tell us we need to get better its all about money
think of the way to make the most money and you can bet your ass thats how they are doing it .......and anytime that anybody says "they" this company is who is being referd too or "the man" = monsanto:hi

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

government subsudised raidoactive fertilizer
this is what is giving people cancer it all propagtes the
Monsanto money machine we pay to get sick and then we pay to get medication that they tell us we need to get better its all about money
think of the way to make the most money and you can bet your ass thats how they are doing it .......and anytime that anybody says "they" this company is who is being referd too or "the man" = monsanto:hi
Budsanto! Great mutations!
Coming soon to a store near you.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I myself have only completed two grows, the third is cooking up now and "seems to me " indica - dense mostly sativa - fluffy good pot is good pot in my book, yes i do strive to get better and better but i have not grown anything as bad as the seedy mexican bundles that i used to pay for,,,,,why cant someone teach them killing , thiefing cartels to get the fucking males out. It aint that hard. I can remember buy oz's full of seeds (anyone ever try to t9 seeds on your phone and it come out refer first lol) if you grow it and have some idea of what you are doing it will be cheaper and better than what you used to buy , hard to argue when good quality bud is pennies a gram,,,, peace

they know what they are doin ....seeds are weight
no weed snobs in mexico they want cash :hi

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

they know what they are doin ....seeds are weight
no weed snobs in mexico they want cash :hi
cash works too. :) problem is, nobody in my neighborhood will hand it out for seeded weed. i remember when a seed 'pop' in a doob meant good luck to whoever got it. mex through the LA pipeline was about all that i smoked/was avail 2 me. in the late 60's- early 70's- that and "home grown" which had a different connotation than it does today- usually low quality from bag that was clipped too early. My, my, my. I love how the times have changed... well, a lot of it, anyways.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

wrong there is definitely weed snobs in mexico
True and apologies to my Mexican weed snob brothers for making generalities. i was thinking stacked trees laid out to dry-"cure".w/ beans spilling out. anyways, hola!

Oops! that wasn't me you quoted. in that case, i take back everything that i just said.

Top Bottom