• Thread starter cutdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
wrong there is definitely weed snobs in mexico

yes sorry for the general comment .........I am sure their is but they dont send that weed across the border know what I meen

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
cash works too. :) problem is, nobody in my neighborhood will hand it out for seeded weed. i remember when a seed 'pop' in a doob meant good luck to whoever got it. mex through the LA pipeline was about all that i smoked/was avail 2 me. in the late 60's- early 70's- that and "home grown" which had a different connotation than it does today- usually low quality from bag that was clipped too early. My, my, my. I love how the times have changed... well, a lot of it, anyways.

true true , its getting were you cant get any reggs round here
but alot of people will still op for the $20-25 a quarter over the $100 quarter do to the economy ............people still need to get high they just dont have the money to smoke high grade know what I meen:nod

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

true true , its getting were you cant get any reggs round here
but alot of people will still op for the $20-25 a quarter over the $100 quarter do to the economy ............people still need to get high they just dont have the money to smoke high grade know what I meen:nod
Yes I do and there go I if not for my gardening. Scraping bowls to get a couple of hits, "roach power" doobs, checking out the usual spots where a forgotten bud might be hiding, passing on the indica and going w/ the "brown" this time 'round due to a thin wallet- these are all memories that remind me to appreciate and respect the current growing paradigm that I find myself in.

Another dense bud observation.

Good plant turgor is part and parcel to maximizing bud size and density and is an attribute that should be addressed early on, if not at the beginning of plant's life cycle. Applying the correct nutes/addies during early flwr will help, but from mid-flwr on, the plant's frame or skeleton are pretty much set.

Although silica, (Si, SiO2), makes up only a small percentage of a flower's dry weight, I have seen a direct correlation between silica use and the size, 'skin' quality, and turgidity of the plant meristem and the auxiliaries that are the support system for the buds.

Although the earth's soils are loaded w/ silica my base substrate, coir and rice hulls, only contain trace amounts. I soak the coco/rh's in a solution of nutra-min, a micronized, H2O soluble mined mineral that contains 50-60% Si, 2% Ca, 3% Fe and 50 odd trace minerals that are found in healthy soils. Si, (in combination w/ a balanced and adequate supply of Ca) has given my plants improved turgor since I began applying it. There's a lot of ways to get usable Si into the program- there are a variety of mined deposits and/or liquid silica products to choose from.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes I do and there go I if not for my gardening. Scraping bowls to get a couple of hits, "roach power" doobs, checking out the usual spots where a forgotten bud might be hiding, passing on the indica and going w/ the "brown" this time 'round due to a thin wallet- these are all memories that remind me to appreciate and respect the current growing paradigm that I find myself in

LOL just scraped mine this morning .......do to having to move and starting with seed again it will be 3 mounths before I have any of my own ;(

The HC

The HC

I wish I could find my fucking wallet. It has my ID, medical rec, and 30$ BART card. Enough for several trips to BPG where they sold me a 100 zip of Sour D. I mean it was on the lower end for sure, but I already know it's leaps and bounds of the 25$ quarter your talking about. I'm one of the few people I know who has actually smoked brown brick weed. Shit gave me a headache and the chillum became way too hot to smoke more.

I go with what seems to be the best for the money. Sometimes it's the stronger weed. Sometimes it's lower quality. High quality popcorn buds are some of the best priced weed out there.

In general, I really go more by dealer unless if I'm at a club. A bad dealer will rip you off no matter what weed he has, some dealers always throw you something worth the money.

It's a wee bit like going to the liquor store and giving them money and not knowing if your getting vodka or beer or what brand. Having limited funds takes away your luxouries though.

T

tjrasta

are you guys talkin' shit about my weed? lol. i think you could give the cartels the best
seeds on the planet and it will come out brown and/or moldy.
last year i grew out some mexi bag seed and it was pretty damn good. seems to handle the bugs and drought better than this years crop, im working my ass off.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
are you guys talkin' shit about my weed? lol. i think you could give the cartels the best
seeds on the planet and it will come out brown and/or moldy.
last year i grew out some mexi bag seed and it was pretty damn good. seems to handle the bugs and drought better than this years crop, im working my ass off.
they grow it right they just dont care about drying and curing it right thats where the hay taste and brown color comes from even shit weed that dont get you high if it is cured right will still taste good with no high:hi

It's a wee bit like going to the liquor store and giving them money and not knowing if your getting vodka or beer or what brand. Having limited funds takes away your luxouries though.
thats it brother tell you ride

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

One thing I haven't seen mentioned a problem of mine as a newbie was harvesting early and not pruning. Prune way more than what feels comfortable, I like to lollipop my plants leaving only a few nodes left at the beginning of flower, of course this also depends on grow style such as sea of green or tree growing. But, I have definitely taken down too early in my past and paid a huge price in loss of density. Everything else though is spot on, temp control, strain, grow method also play a critical role. I do believe in flushing though, I just know the difference between smoke that leaves black ash and smoke that leaves white......I prefer the white!

The HC

The HC

I'd be really disappointed if people still chopped too early. I remember a guy did that with his hydroponic XJ 13 and created the "Boo" that went around for a while. He did that in too sell it early as he was strapped for cash. Last I heard he still had it months later and was lowering the price again and again.

Shit was somehow the densest XJ 13 I've ever seen.
That might have just been a fake name.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I have mixed feelings about flushing which is probably why sometimes i do and sometimes i don't. Oft times a plant will seem to continue bud maturation even though the transpiration has markedly slowed down as evidenced in it's low water use and heavy container. When it gets to this stage, and not all plants do- some take up more H2O than others during the optimum harvest window, I feel like I'm doing more damage than good w/ a flush. I tend to taper off the nutes during the final 2 weeks of growth and since I use organic nutes, the issue isn't as pressing w/ the grow style, anyways.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
right

I have mixed feelings about flushing which is probably why sometimes i do and sometimes i don't. Oft times a plant will seem to continue bud maturation even though the transpiration has markedly slowed down as evidenced in it's low water use and heavy container. When it gets to this stage, and not all plants do- some take up more H2O than others during the optimum harvest window, I feel like I'm doing more damage than good w/ a flush. I tend to taper off the nutes during the final 2 weeks of growth and since I use organic nutes, the issue isn't as pressing w/ the grow style, anyways.

I dont flush any more . I changed from feed feed feed feed then flush
now I feed water water feed last run the run off before chop was only 900 ppm and taste was why it was gone in a week

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I'm one of those misguided growers who thought they were getting accurate ppm readings when they switched over to organic molecules. Funny thing is, I still use the ec side of my combo meter to get a general idea of levels and waz 'appening by reading solution in and runoff out. The subject needs a thread of it's own, but in short, the concentrations of some organic nutes *in solution* (ie h2O soluble), specifically the elements contained in mined minerals, ie sulfate of potash ultra fines, can be dialed in via specific gravity calculations. the ppm/"ec" of organics that can't be dialed in this way, (ie bat guano), have constant volumetric values that prove useful w/ real time, on the fly measurements. That's the simple of it.
Sorry about the digress. freegrow ^^ made me do it. :passingjoint:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Who makes a hydrometer that's sensitive enough, though, GG? I've tried measuring SG of just a sugar water solution and the hydrometer I have (float) just isn't sensitive enough. I was thinking a refractometer might be necessary to make anything resembling an accurate measurement, but again, am not sure if it will measure the low amounts I use. So, I remain stuck in Volumetric Measure Land.

T

TreFarmer

agreed I call bullshit on the #2 as well my bud is rock hard and i always give my plants a 14 day flush
Agree...
I have always flushed because of the use of syn nutes. 10-14 days hopefully (last time 7-10... mites:mad0233:). Mother nature doesn't flush? She doesn't use syn salts.
My Bubba (just ran out) was rock hard also, even pulled at 48 days with a 10 day flush (again mites). The Hank (Oregon Hash/Skunk) got the longest flush rock hard and everybody's favorite, Med Woman got 7 and was fluffy and sparse pretty tasty but harsh.
1- Strain 50%
2- Environment (lights, RH, ventilation etcetera) 22.5%
3- Food/Nutes 22.5%
4- Love 5%
I have gone organic, built my soil, and threw in a bit more Love (for info on this ingredient just Google: Love) this round, and I am already seeing better results at 3 1/2 weeks... tric development, and overall health. Can't wait for week 7 on! (The only plants that are yellowing are Chem fams (Avalanche) I've been assured they need ferts, Ill toss the genes before I go back to bottled nutes and synthetics.) :hi that's my. 02¢

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Who makes a hydrometer that's sensitive enough, though, GG? I've tried measuring SG of just a sugar water solution and the hydrometer I have (float) just isn't sensitive enough. I was thinking a refractometer might be necessary to make anything resembling an accurate measurement, but again, am not sure if it will measure the low amounts I use. So, I remain stuck in Volumetric Measure Land.
Here's the body of a post (that i'm quoting verbatim) that proved useful to me in figuring out elemental %'s from applicable, water soluble organic compounds. Unfortunately, i don't remember the forum or the poster's name. Thank you for the breakdown... whoever and wherever you are, kind sir.

ppm=parts per million.

Its refered to any compound dissolved in a liquid or gaseous medium, and its used when solucion concentration is low.

When its a solution over water, its very easy calculate ppm, because 1l of pure water weights 1Kg=1000gr=1000000mg. So, if you dissolve 1 mg of any compum¡nd in 1l of water, the concentration is exactly 1ppm (1mg in one million mg of water).

The problem on how calculate the ppm dissolved of a given molecule comes because often you add a compound wich split in two charged (ion) molecules.

For example, you add MgSO4 (magnesium sulphate), wich splits on a Mg+ cation and a SO4- anion. But you want to know just how many ppm of Mg you are adding, for example. Say you add 1 gr of MgSO4 in 1l of water. How many ppm of mg you are adding?

In order to calculate it, you need to know the atomic weight of all elements wich forms the molecule. In this case: Mg=24,3 ; S=32,06 ; O=16 (you can find this data on a element's periodic table, or in wikipedia).

So the atomic weight of the mg sulphate molecula is 24,3+32,06+ (4*16)=120,36.

And the weight percentage of Mg in it is 24,3/120,36=0.20 (20%).

So, of the 10gr of Mg sulphate added, the 20% correspond to Mg+ (electron's weight is negligible), so you added 1gr*0.2=0.2gr=200mg of Mg in 1l (one million mg of water), thus you have a solution with 200 ppm of Mg.

Most Excel spreadsheets have calculated the percentage of each ion of many compounds, so calculate ppms very easily.

Dont confuse the ppm you add of each element, with the measured ppm, it isnt the same.

TDS (total dissolved solids) meters are EC (Electroconductivity) meter wich applies a conversion factor to give an aproximation of the total ppm dissolved.

There is different conversion factors between EC (mS/cm) and TDS (ppm): 0.5, 0.7, 0.64... and depends of the nutes used what gives the best aproximation.

Nutes manufacturers rarely give the best conversion factor for their products. I only know of AN because they changed their recomendation to 0,5.

This is due each gr of salt dissolved have a different EC. Im working in doing my own nutes, and the first step is check the conductivity/ph of each salt in deionized water, in order to do a good aproximation between EC to TDS.

Aditionally, EC is measured for the whole nutrient mix, not for a single element. I know of some meters for individual elements/compounds, but they are pricey, so ive never used it.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I grow my weed on love and they're dense as fuck.
I live for love but my stomach get's hungry several times a day. That being said, love goes a long way in the grow room, particularly if you believe that plants pick up on human vibes in a, yet to be explored/understood quantum level, which is what my guess is. (or more accurately, what some physics researchers/theorists that I've picked up on have suggested/speculated.)

The HC

The HC

I live for love but my stomach get's hungry several times a day. That being said, love goes a long way in the grow room, particularly if you believe that plants pick up on human vibes in a, yet to be explored/understood quantum level, which is what my guess is. (or more accurately, what some physics researchers/theorists that I've picked up on have suggested/speculated.)

I'll actually admit. I don't grow dense weed... But, I'll defend the quality I grow to the death.

I don't think plants pick up on people's moods. The idea that people/other animals do without using their 5 senses is possible at best, I can't imagine it working for a plant in anyway. But, I happen to be in a good environment, I give them a lot of attention and I don't mangle my buds by squeezing them (though I do wipe leaves for the smell, most likely not making hash this round).

If plants did feel vibes that would directly explain why I grow better weed then my friend who has way more grows behind him. Really I think it indirectly plays a role. For example his dumb ass left a new clone hidden in my backyard without telling me. Actually I knew it was there he left it the night before but he said he was taking it back to his GF's house and he grabbed it right before he left, but apparently put it back. I think he was trying to leave it at mine instead of his GFs, but didn't clue me in on the plan. He complained before that she neglects them.

The plant is now dead. There are tons of other things though too. When he sees something he doesn't like about the plant he'll get unbelievably discouraged and will talk of even destroying them even (He's actually destroyed at least one still good plant), so then fails to water, feed and the plant has to spend time that it should have been creating THC stressed out about getting enough water to maintain.

So love's more like milk in a cake. It's the best option, but other liquids ( good discipline or routine, etc) will substitute/ used aswell. If you don't have a liquid though, you don't have cake.

M

maestro

I have found blowing kisses n spooning my girlies makes them dense. Seems when you make them really happy n comfortable they put on a lil bit lovers weight for ya.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I have found blowing kisses n spooning my girlies makes them dense. Seems when you make them really happy n comfortable they put on a lil bit lovers weight for ya.
Maybe deepthroating them would help make them denser and harder too. Suppose it's worth a try if you're into it.

Top Bottom