What seed Company best represents the original OG Kush?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReyDLaMota

I've had several friends grow Cali Conenct genetics. The result was the same every time - they caused tens of thousands of dollars of losses to their crops if not an outright crop failure.

Every time, with every strain (over 6 so far and counting), over 50% hermed out in early flower and had to be yanked. The ones that didn't herm got dusted with pollen and ended up seeded. This was with different people in different gardens who were experienced gardeners.

Even the ones that didn't herm or get seeded produced absolute garbage bud. Their knock-offs are far cry from the original strains they pathetically try to represent.

Every strain. Every garden with every grower. Every time. So like I said - Cali Connect has BY FAR the worst genetics I have ever seen.

We are growing CC's Pre98 Bubba and SFV OG. Now I'm really worried because if this thread. The plants are doing GREAT. Out of 12 plants from their feminized seeds two turned out male, the rest are female.

IMG 1398
R

ReyDLaMota

Hi, I got obsessed with the OG in 2011 and i posted a thread about it.
Bottom line - Sannie's Seeds UBERKUSH is the best kush I have ever trieed so far.
Absurd high from 2 bong hits, mega flavour, tends to herm though, discontinued strain.
The DNS/Reserva Privada kushes also do the trick, but have different phenos.
Check this out - https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/og-kush-in-amsterdam.15533/

Sannie is my favorite seed breeder. I wish he still had Sugar Punch. He discontinues strains as soon as he gets reports of hermies or something, so he doesnt F around. To me it doesn't matter if there's a possibility of a small percentage turning into hermies. I just take clones from those that don't and throw everything else away, including unwanted phenos.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

From '09 to 2010...Cali Connection and Swerve were the bees knees in the forums and seed selling business. And rightfully so. The strains they had at first were top notch. Very few herm reports and no flowering while still in veg bullshit. They quickly went downhill and Swerve acting like a dick online only hastened the downfall. I grew alot of cc gear. The early stuff was kick ass. Thier Tahoe and Chemdog #4 was nothing but top shelf. At least a keeper in a pack or 3. Then it just changed practically overnight. The next couple packs i bought...seeds were not viable. Herms. My Larry started flowering in veg...shit phenos...like it all started turning to hemp. Dont know what happened. But Cali Connection really fukt up a good thing.
Yes!i agree whole heartedly there.but i still say bodhi and loompa are good go to breeders for og.loompa inparticular works his lines well ,breeding out the less desirable phenos so your getting multiple keeper quality ogeez in a pack.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I understand ya on Cali Connect beans but WHY on earth would anyone in there right mind throw up a decent sized operstion with untested and ran beans from ANY seed company? You dont run beans in them ops. Thats just retarded. If pheno hunting...you run your beans in a small area or even a tent. Several times in a not so perfect small setup. See what they do. Then pick your moms that do what you want (and dont herm for crying out loud.) Take cuts and boom up some production. I always hear this time and again. Cmon. No disrespect intended. ..but ya dont run untested and unproven beans in a bkg setup...at all. Any pro grower knows this. You test all new gear before introducing to the big leagues.
That's the way I do it.seeds for pheno hunts-multiple strains in tents etc but if I'm trying to get weight a mono crop of a proven cut is what I do but I have seen many outdoor growers grow huge plants from seed and I always thought "what if that big 10lb monster turns out to be an inferior pheno quality wise?"I suppose they just sell it.

Krypto

Krypto

Sannie is my favorite seed breeder. I wish he still had Sugar Punch. He discontinues strains as soon as he gets reports of hermies or something, so he doesnt F around. To me it doesn't matter if there's a possibility of a small percentage turning into hermies. I just take clones from those that don't and throw everything else away, including unwanted phenos.
Saneezs ( naw, dynesty, eskobr, breeders choice) has some good gear. We have Afghancitral ( af-PAK, apck) whatever you call it. A BONAFIDE PURE KUSH. truly genetic. The only NON-OG kush we've done. Grows like a stump!
I completely lost my train of thought. I'm going to go back and read what I missed before I continue this posts.

Krypto

Krypto

Ok. ..now, IMHO. we've ran CC stuff, RD, LOUD, many many many small breeders, Southern Humboldt seed collective. So far.
5K Alien F2 from Jaws and OG RINGO are my pics. with Scott's OG x Ghost rounding off a three way tie. And depending on what day it is or what my mood is or what my wife says....CC's GRAPE OG (freebie FEM)...YES! Grape OG is definitely in ther... And these days everyone's got the same formula for a good OG Kush. They do a selection for a big powerful stud of a cross of several strains and hit it too every heirloom cut they can get ahold of and BOOM...you've got higher-yielding faster flowering, TOUGHER, MORE VIGOROUS OG..
HOW DO THEY COMPARE TO THE ACTUAL ORIGINAL HARD TO GROW, SPINDLY, LOW YIELDING OG'S ???
I really couldn't tell you because I don't remember. And unfortunately in the early nineties I wasn't nearly into this as I am now. But, the guys that know are the guys that know...ya know? They will have the best representation of that original OG, OGer, the KUSHhttps://s.pushauction.com/cp/92e0032eefdb403e977911d3a4259ab4/45a11cd063644a49b996736930260d97/1/3.htm, Crippy.

Krypto

Krypto

Ok. ..now, IMHO. we've ran CC stuff, RD, LOUD, many many many small breeders, Southern Humboldt seed collective. So far.
5K Alien F2 from Jaws and OG RINGO are my pics. with Scott's OG x Ghost rounding off a three way tie. And depending on what day it is or what my mood is or what my wife says....CC's GRAPE OG (freebie FEM)...YES! Grape OG is definitely in ther... And these days everyone's got the same formula for a good OG Kush. They do a selection for a big powerful stud of a cross of several strains and hit it too every heirloom cut they can get ahold of and BOOM...you've got higher-yielding faster flowering, TOUGHER, MORE VIGOROUS OG..
HOW DO THEY COMPARE TO THE ACTUAL ORIGINAL HARD TO GROW, SPINDLY, LOW YIELDING OG'S ???
I really couldn't tell you because I don't remember. And unfortunately in the early nineties I wasn't nearly into this as I am now. But, the guys that know are the guys that know...ya know? They will have the best representation of that original OG, OGer, the KUSHhttps://s.pushauction.com/cp/92e0032eefdb403e977911d3a4259ab4/45a11cd063644a49b996736930260d97/1/3.htm, Crippy.
Thanks GD!

P

Pimples

Cali Connection had an early window from about '09 to 2010 where they had the FIRE. I mean..really really good genetics. I ran thier seed version of Deadhead Og and Larry Og that was easily as good as any clone only real deal Og type variant. But the beans I acquired after that...a bunch of others in the CC catalog around 2012 to 2014 were HORRIBLE. Some auto flowered under an 18- 6 photo period under t5's. Something ive never seen before. The Chemdog #4 they had in seed form was JUNK. All 10 beans. My buddy got the Chemdog #4 back in 2010 and it was stellar. Completely different plant. I dont know what happened with Swerve and the CC gang but something they did or didnt do and the beans after that early window were just straight garbage. Serious too. Like night and day different. Hermies and shit phenos in all seeds of a 10 pack. I put the brakes on my Cali Connection seed buying right after the last bad pack and threw the other half germed packs in the trash where they belong. But a 2009 or 2010 pack of Deadhead or Larry and you were almost guaranteed finding a keeper mother of fire ass potential. I sure did. Wish I would of kept them longer than 2 years now. But I thought I could rely on CC from those early purchases. Sucks because Swerve had a good thing going early on.

Last edited:
bongzaway

bongzaway

ran CC's pre bub. total squatty shit-plants. CC stands for Cali Cabbage. i avoid all his gear. no ax to grind just had shitluck with his seed. and read others have too.

old school OG?? pfft. gone. in fact everything now is one big clusterfuck of lost crosses or same strains with new names. just waiting for monsanto to put out some seeds of fire. heh heh. Glycophosphate Kush, Purple Round-up Haze and GMO Diesel. hah. funnyshit or what?

P

Pimples

Yep. The best chance of getting a really good cut is earliest as possible. Before the seed makers get a hold of it and the name game gets going...near impossible. Already happening with Glue and Josey gave that cut out freely. Then the whole dud branch clone...cmon. Real deal cone only Blue Dream..good luck. Real deal og kush..yeah right. Cookies? Chances of getting the real is non existent. With that one..how would you know even if you supposedly did get the real? Save for the dudes that hoard it giving it to you directly...and good luck with that.

Krypto

Krypto

Josh D . ..
I saw an interview with him on some internet show whatever. And he had his triangle Kush. It had been crossed with the San Fernando Valley and the biker Kush. And he was selling it in a club under the name #32
Seems that that would be a pretty close representation of the original original OG oger. IDK?
BUT IT IS KIND OF SAD BECAUSE, LOT OF PEOPLE BE TRYING TO CLAIM THEY GOT THE "REAL DEAL"
Im seriously considering starting an entirely New Holland checking / breeding program consisting only of landrace, 2 and 3 way crosses.no OGs ALLOWED. HAHA.. SO WHAT'S THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU HEAR SOMEONE SAY THE WORD "kushy"???

Krypto

Krypto

Soapy,sourish, fruity, lip snacking...
OG RINGO smelled like a a brand new pair of Chuck Taylor's still in the box that had been stuffed with lemon/pine/lime PICKLES! the finish was straight skunky pickle. Beautiful.

N

nughugger

ran CC's pre bub. total squatty shit-plants. CC stands for Cali Cabbage. i avoid all his gear. no ax to grind just had shitluck with his seed. and read others have too.

old school OG?? pfft. gone. in fact everything now is one big clusterfuck of lost crosses or same strains with new names. just waiting for monsanto to put out some seeds of fire. heh heh. Glycophosphate Kush, Purple Round-up Haze and GMO Diesel. hah. funnyshit or what?
Old school og, isn't gone I just popped vaders obi wan og some fruit pheno cherry but two pure og phenos one heavy fuel one heavy earth the og phenos had spindly branches on branches and the three pinned leaves. Seems like that's what to look for during any of pheno hunt. Stems that bump up with potential root sites on the first 3 inches of the stem out the soil almost a soft greasy feel to the meristem thin spindly branches that branch everywhere like so many little tops mag deficiency slower froth rates. These traits are present in every old school og pheno and in every keeper from seed I've ever found. I've found quite a few keeper og from seed it's all about the hunt and knowing what og is

lemons

lemons

archive seems to be the industry standard for seed og.

karma is gaining ground. his headbanger and dog walker are getting great reviews, got some dog walker x's goin now. his josh d og sounds promising as well.

N

nughugger

Definitely archive or dna for fem but I like teamoceangrown regulars

Latest posts

Top Bottom