What Should I Lollipop Or Clip??

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Yes. What really helped me get a better understanding of what my goals were was when I read the date farming primer from Dateland. I can link it if you like, but what they do is select OUT for the best fruit. So they make certain that each date has a certain space to grow, and that there are only so many dates on each bract. This way, because the tree only has so much potential, it puts its potential into the best fruit. This is how you end up with those giant 3" dates.

And this is how you end up with nice, easily trimmed buds. You have a whole bunch of stuff on the lowers that, in my opinion, won't form nice large buds, so it needs to go. Just pinch off those sites, don't worry about removing the leaves because the plant isn't terribly thick with them.

Yes.

I wouldn't change out the CFLs, I'd add the 250 to them.
I'm definitely understanding what you guys are saying.. I'm gonna add that 250hps when I get home from class. I just figure out a way to have these CFL's also hanging down

G gnome

G gnome

I like to do the majority of my cleaning up if the bottoms b4 the flip.....heres a pic of my chemdog ready fer action

G gnome

G gnome

That's what I'm thinking.. What you think?
I think if u got access to a fresh cut its better to start a mom off right. Take it from clone and top often that way u end up w a nice bush . If u use the one i got its gonna take a good while to revert back to veg and the structure is gonna be shitty. I wud only do it if it meant not loosin the genetics and if thats the case i wud probably just take a handful o clones instead. Just my opion tho

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I think if u got access to a fresh cut its better to start a mom off right. Take it from clone and top often that way u end up w a nice bush . If u use the one i got its gonna take a good while to revert back to veg and the structure is gonna be shitty. I wud only do it if it meant not loosin the genetics and if thats the case i wud probably just take a handful o clones instead. Just my opion tho
That was my thought, much better off to take some clones from that one and work a mother out of those. You'd want to do it soon though, it would be better in my opinion than waiting.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Ok. Now with it trying to bud, I'm assuming I have to wait until its done budding?

G gnome

G gnome

Whoah pal, sounds lime u got a lot to learn. No u dont haveta wait till its done buddin. Mof u need to bot wait and take clones immediately. Imo. I highly recommend u get a ook on growin. Its not that there isnt good info here...its just shrouded by layers of bs. A book really puts it in perspective. Best o luck

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Whoah pal, sounds lime u got a lot to learn. No u dont haveta wait till its done buddin. Mof u need to bot wait and take clones immediately. Imo. I highly recommend u get a ook on growin. Its not that there isnt good info here...its just shrouded by layers of bs. A book really puts it in perspective. Best o luck
Yea you are right I got a lot to learn.. I didn't grow up doing this

G gnome

G gnome

="CharmCity915, post: 1622224, member: 71382"]Yea you are right I got a lot to learn.. I didn't grow up doing this[/QUOTE]
Not knockin ya bro we all got a lot to learn. Best o luck!!!

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I can read a thousand books but I'm still gonna have questions or ask for help or opinions
="CharmCity915, post: 1622224, member: 71382"]Yea you are right I got a lot to learn.. I didn't grow up doing this
Not knockin ya bro we all got a lot to learn. Best o luck!!![/QUOTE]
Oh I know. It's all good. I'm sure I got a ton to learn. I read up on it just about every day while at school.. I just get on here and ask questions and opinions because you guys do have the knowledge. With that said, I may not do every opinion given to me but its great having back up

G gnome

G gnome

I can read a thousand books but I'm still gonna have questions or ask for help or opinions

Not knockin ya bro we all got a lot to learn. Best o luck!!!
Oh I know. It's all good. I'm sure I got a ton to learn. I read up on it just about every day while at school.. I just get on here and ask questions and opinions because you guys do have the knowledge. With that said, I may not do every opinion given to me but its great having back up[/QUOTE]
My best advice is get a book bro, fer every good piece of advice on here theres 10 ppl who just started growin in their mothers closet 2 wks ago trying to tell u all about what they just learned

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Oh I know. It's all good. I'm sure I got a ton to learn. I read up on it just about every day while at school.. I just get on here and ask questions and opinions because you guys do have the knowledge. With that said, I may not do every opinion given to me but its great having back up
My best advice is get a book bro, fer every good piece of advice on here theres 10 ppl who just started growin in their mothers closet 2 wks ago trying to tell u all about what they just learned[/QUOTE]
Lmao right.. Yea I just ordered the Grow Bible

GoneP

GoneP

So with only having 1 250w HPS bulb, how many plants is that good for?

I grew my first plant (Blue Dream) with a single 150w HPS. I let her grow naturally without topping or messing with it's structure and that 150w HPS was perfect for a single plant that reached 40" after stretch. I yielded 2 oz's from her, with lots of larf.

I can't imagine trying to grow more than one plant under such a small lamp again, unless the plants were scrogged to make better use of the light. A 250w should be able to grow more than a couple small plants., or two good sized plants if you make sure to keep their heights in check.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I grew my first plant (Blue Dream) with a single 150w HPS. I let her grow naturally without topping or messing with it's structure and that 150w HPS was perfect for a single plant that reached 40" after stretch. I yielded 2 oz's from her, with lots of larf.

I can't imagine trying to grow more than one plant under such a small lamp again, unless the plants were scrogged to make better use of the light. A 250w should be able to grow more than a couple small plants., or two good sized plants if you make sure to keep their heights in check.
Yea I'm not looking to do more then 2 maybe 3 so that's good hearing. I'm reading about scrogging now

Latest posts

Top Bottom