What Should My Runoff Ppm Be?

• Thread starter 3greenthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3greenthumbs

If I am growing in a pest mix 5 gal and feeding full GH line. If I am in 3rd week of flower and feeding 800ppm. What ppm reading should i get on my runoff?

Enforcer

Enforcer

If I am growing in a pest mix 5 gal and feeding full GH line. If I am in 3rd week of flower and feeding 800ppm. What ppm reading should i get on my runoff?
I don’t rely solely on runoff. But with that said I don’t like to see anything above 150-200ppm of what I put in. If I was putting in 800 and the runoff was over 1000, I would flush with a weak nutrient solution to bring it back down. Then resume my 800ppm feedings.

I run an enzyme (Bio-Cozyme) in my res and alway feed to runoff to avoid salt buildup. I grow in straight coco and using this method it’s never been a problem. My runoff is always within 100ppms.

Herbals

Herbals

I run roots organic line but feed the same around 800ppm I don’t bother checking feed runoff because it’s always higher than my feed ppm. I always check my straight water runoff though to see when I need to feed again works good for me

Noobmaster69

Noobmaster69

My plants take anywhere from 1600to almost 2,000 parts per million late veg and all through flower... I checked my run off and if it's over my feed ppm's a heavy watering dials it back in usually. I'm curious how you guys feed with so low ppm's

testiclees

testiclees

My plants take anywhere from 1600to almost 2,000 parts per million late veg and all through flower... I checked my run off and if it's over my feed ppm's a heavy watering dials it back in usually. I'm curious how you guys feed with so low ppm's
Do you think that your high PPM during stretch period have an effect on final plant size and bud site numbers?

Noobmaster69

Noobmaster69

Bud sites not so much. In my opinion they are pre-existing entering flower so the number of sites at the end is only determined by what I might remove throughout the cycle. As for the end Bud size I've had several grows with the same numbers and they all have varied. I have been cataloging all the information it's still too early yet as I haven't tested enough to draw a conclusion. I do apologize for my late response.

Noobmaster69

Noobmaster69

I have sense dialed down my feed numbers as I do measure PPM TDS and EC every time.. I was only feeding once a week watering every other day but this time around I caught it in time to follow you guys's idea of feeding more often but with less so we shall see.. currently using Fox farm but I had the best results with roots organics so far

Blakeja

Blakeja

I never check run off. Just make sure your nutes are correct and ph is correcta and water to at least 25% run off.
Can you elaborate on the 25% I don’t get this.. 25% of what you put into the pot? Or 25% of pot size this has always confused me!

EarthyTerps

EarthyTerps

I'm more curious how you give your plants so much and they are not shriveled up and dead lol , but jokes aside there is many different factors involved, lights being one big factor , and 2nd what medium you are using. Along with what nutrients your using like organic or chemicals, and if using microbes and other soil beneficials which can make better use of nutrients , litterly cut it in half , which is prob the answer your looking for ,More to it than that I'm just giving my input , another thing I beleive is that you can train a plant to get used to lower ppm feedings by only giving it low ppm feedings , sometimes little is better man , to answer your question look into beneficial soil microbes and mycorizae and enzymes and all that good stuff you will learn quick on how people are feeding with way less , oh and feeding with those high ppms would surely kill all the beneficial bacteria , with those high ppms , from my research anything above 900ppm kills beneficial bacteria , I can safely assume your using chemicals . cheer bro . 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm more curious how you give your plants so much and they are not shriveled up and dead lol , but jokes aside there is many different factors involved, lights being one big factor , and 2nd what medium you are using. Along with what nutrients your using like organic or chemicals, and if using microbes and other soil beneficials which can make better use of nutrients , litterly cut it in half , which is prob the answer your looking for ,More to it than that I'm just giving my input , another thing I beleive is that you can train a plant to get used to lower ppm feedings by only giving it low ppm feedings , sometimes little is better man , to answer your question look into beneficial soil microbes and mycorizae and enzymes and all that good stuff you will learn quick on how people are feeding with way less , oh and feeding with those high ppms would surely kill all the beneficial bacteria , with those high ppms , from my research anything above 900ppm kills beneficial bacteria , I can safely assume your using chemicals . cheer bro . 😉
Depends on the bacteria... there are many that perform the same functions but have adapted to various conditions. Like denitrifying bacteria. Some thrive in freshwater some in saltwater 35,000ppm.

But ppm isn't really a good measurement it's more salinity and ph. Most organic grows will test well over 2000ppm and have thriving BB and myco.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I dropped my ppms from 800-900 down to 600 now and I’m in week 7 flowering .

Top leaves gone crispy and canoeing upwards. Think the spider farmer led was too close also so that may of been a learning curve.

I’ve lifted the light further away now , and keeping ppm lower , also now watering twice a day with the 600ppm in coco

Top Bottom