What Size Pots Are Ideal?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. You want your plants to dry out quicker? Why? What benefits arise from that?
Plants roots need air to be healthy. Putting your plants in dirt with no drainage stones to help them dry out makes the roots waterlogged and affects the plants negatively. The faster your media dries out the faster your plant will grow. Using cloth pots or shopping bags with coco perlite mix makes your plants dry out in a day or two and that makes them really happy. It may make you water a little more often but its well worth it by the plants performance.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Is this something that u have used yourself or something that your thinking of using I would be sceptical about what they have used in the dye but I guess if u have personally used them that's good enough for me nice find :)
I have used the blue walmart bags but not these. Both these and the blue walmart bags are poly fabric which means its like colored plastic, the dye is in the fabric. If you were to use cotton colored bags they may have dye that would run but those should be good.
Blue walmart bags are alot bigger, maybe 7 gallon but you can just fill them about halfway.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I do not care what anyone says using cloth . plastic or any other flimsy pot is a accident waiting to happen with it tipping , or falling over its just a mess period.
Specially in a tent where its a tight space, So depending on how many plants you plan to run ? and veg times .
Also depending on what style of grow medium you are wanting to lean to organic ?? chemical .
With organic using small pots, tends to lead to deficiencies as organic matter gets used up this is where you would want to stay away from organic style growing.
One of the most important goals is being clean as to not attract un wanted guests .

People worry way to much about aeration in soil learn proper watering techniques is what it all comes down to although its important people go over board.

As for your area i would use Walmart totes either 5 gallon or 20 gallon with out any holes in them make a decent soil that is fluffy and water less but more often but again this all depends on the what is driving your plants photosynthesis.
Weak light means less watering powerful lights more watering, you will figure that out as plants grow etc .

So again it depends what style grow your wanting to do personally i would grow 4 plants in there in either or 25 sq feet 5 gallon totes or bump it up to 20 gallon plus totes and run 2 plants in each tote if you like here are some pictures 5 plants in 4 x 10 area scrog. then 4 plants per 5 x 5 area and one plant 34 gallon totes 5 week veg from clone to give you a idea 1000 watts per 25 sq feet area or 40 watts per Sq foot
Gallery 11738 4815 5549
Gallery 11738 4816 39388 1
Gallery 11738 4816 37809
Gallery 11738 4816 69223
Gallery 11738 4816 29149

907debow1234

907debow1234

A bunch of scientific stuff comes into play here with water usage. Staying simple is best, they eat through water an like people one heavy meal a week is bad for you. So smaller meals more often is best.
I personally like hard plastic black pots or a good old 5 gallon bucket. And I water twice a week I also use pro mix hp. I add my own nutrients but it has a good drainage level and don't hold water for too long. Stuff u get off random shelf can hold water like a sponge... again if we leave you in a tub of water for a week. You'll hate it an prune like a raisin, god knows what else.
Hope this helps

frebo

frebo

Do a side by side with a 5 gallon bucket and 5 gallon smart pot and really look at the root structures. I think you will see how the bucket roots go out and swirl the bucket and goes root bound and the smart pot will be full of root throughout. Drainage and air make the difference.

Top Bottom