What the best PH to presoak peat pellets?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

Im try to clone in small peat pellets for the first but what is the best PH to presoak them in?

Am I supposed to peel away the mesh at some point or do the roots grow through it?

Should I handle peat pellets like rockwool or soil? Should I make sure that they never dry out?

B

BlueWater

I've never adjusted my pH and always had great results with peat pellets. I do use warm water to soak them though. You can peel away the mesh if you want, but yes the roots will come charging right thru it. In general I'd say don't let them dry out. However, not all peat pellets are the same! What I've noticed is that some will expand very quickly and re-wet easily, others take awhile to expand and are a pain to re-wet, they just kind of float and take some time to get wet again. One good soaking is usually enough to get you to the point where roots are popping out. If you use a heat mat pay attention because they can dry out on you. I've never liked to have to re-wet and prefer to get them rooted just as the pellets are starting to become more dry then give them a soak(with light nutrients, B1 etc)@ transplant.

good luck, peat pellets/dip n grow have been my preferred method for years. Love that little combo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom