What Video Game Are You Playing Through Right Now?

• Thread starter King Julien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Julien

King Julien

Looked around and saw all these "What are you doing" threads but didn't see one for video games so here we are!

Just played through Scanner Sombre. It was only 2 hours long and has zero replay value, unless you just like replaying it high for visual effect, and is 10 bucks. I got it through humble bundle monthly though so it was actually worth it. If I had VR it would definitely be worth full price.

Check out the visuals of it though. Very unique visual concept.

Now I'm getting ready to play through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Loved the first one. Just got this one through humble bundle monthly so it's next on my list.

So what are you playing right now?

King Julien

King Julien

Haven't played it in almost 7 years but had a few friends getting into it so I decided to resubscribe to World of Warcraft.

Logged over 4000 hours on it over the course of 5 years. Played 3 of those years on dial-up. Most people were blown away when I told them I could even play on dial-up. It really blew them away when I told them I could run 2 connections of it at the same time over the same dial-up connection as long as both people playing didn't go into a major city at the same time.

2 days ago was the 13th anniversary. They are getting ready to release their 7th expansion pack. Man that game is old. Still enjoy it though. Just won't be playing it as much as I used to.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Worthy thread for the resurrecting...

Working on a Final Fantasy XII (redux) The Zodiac Age. Nearly an exact replica of the International (Japan only) PS2 version. I thought FF12 was by far the best in the series. Now, with this port to PC, the top-bottom HD makeover, the gameplay balancing, trials fights, and FF>>, near perfect. My only gripes... The Zodiac job system is cool and it makes for a more challenging game but I wish they would have put in the option to chose the original open boards. The gamepad needs custom button mapping and the ability to use the joystick for menu movement.

Great game. Being able to see your enemies instead of random spawning is much a better system. I love that battles can pick up more enemies mid fight and you get chain bonuses for killing a series of one type of creature.

This game is seriously resource hungry and used to overheat and freeze my PS2. No less so with the PC version. To play this you'll need a real gaming rig. Check the minimum requirements before you buy.

Aside from that, just purchased Eve Valkyrie Warzone for my Rift and I'm f^ckin stoked. Ran out of highspeed hotspot data mid download so I have to wait a day for it to replenish and I can get the last 5GB. Chompin at the bit to play a space fighter game with developer supported touch controls. Now if they took this type of game and melded it with the the original multiplayer version of Microsoft Freelancer I'd have VR surgically installed.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Messing around on Metal Gear Solid V: the phantom pain on 360. Always been a Metal Gear fan. Looking to get an xbox one x in the coming months. Yeah I know I should get a gaming pc and bla bla but can't be bothered :)

I never could get used to the shifting perspectives on the earlier ones. Don't know how it plays now.

I only have one issue with consoles. Because their hardware isn't upgradable, new software for the gaming community as a whole gets downgraded for compatibility. If console makers were to make their rigs hardware upgradeable it could possibly be an answer, plus it'd be pretty bada$$. No big deal though. I'm finding that some software makers are focusing on PC exclusives that keep the forward momentum going. I hope someday soon consoles will make the leap and become PCs as well. PS3 almost did it with the Linux dual boot but Sony wronged that right after a short time.

dan1989

dan1989

I never could get used to the shifting perspectives on the earlier ones. Don't know how it plays now.

I only have one issue with consoles. Because their hardware isn't upgradable, new software for the gaming community as a whole gets downgraded for compatibility. If console makers were to make their rigs hardware upgradeable it could possibly be an answer, plus it'd be pretty bada$$. No big deal though. I'm finding that some software makers are focusing on PC exclusives that keep the forward momentum going. I hope someday soon consoles will make the leap and become PCs as well. PS3 almost did it with the Linux dual boot but Sony wronged that right after a short time.

It plays as a proper third person shooter now, camera stays at rear. Very good game. Fully open world, no fixed paths etc.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It plays as a proper third person shooter now, camera stays at rear. Very good game. Fully open world, no fixed paths etc.

No sh*t?!! I'm gonna have to revisit it then. Cool, thanks for that info.

I rarely buy anything that's linear anymore. Feels like a step backwards when I do. Can't stand scrollers either. Had enough of them in the arcades growing up. Kid's don't even know what arcades are anymore (except they think it's a Chuck E Cheese skiball kina thing). I'm glad their gone, those f^ckers were a rip.

I need a full immersion Battletech/Mechwarrior type game in VR. Not like this regurgitated POS they're coming out with right now. More like the traveling simulators that were around in the late 90's with photorealistic grafix (or what passed for photorealistic back then with today's resolutions). Titanfall's single player campaign was pretty sick for a mech game. Haven't played it myself, but watched the gameplay video on YouTube.

That's why I'm so psyched about Eve Valkyrie. With intuitive "touch" controls, that's some real live old school Battlestar Galactica type sh*t right there.

If you do go PC ever. Get a strong VR capable rig and a Rift. One of the absolute sickest games I ever played comes with it. Robo Recall. It is insanely fast, very intuitive, and feels real (in a kinda cartoon way). I'm a straight up Kung Fu ninja gunfighter with mad skills in that game. Anything goes, dodging, catching, and throwing back bullets and missiles in slow mo, ripping them apart and beating them with their own arms, throwing them at each other, quick draw with pistols, rifles, shotguns, stealing their guns and using em against them, riding some of them and controlling their weapons, strategic teleportation, etc... Sick a$$ game! Love it.

dan1989

dan1989

I just want the Xbox One X for the convenience of a console, and I recently got a 4k t.v so wanna make the most of it...

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Monster hunter and Rocket league.
Didn't have the highest expectations for Monster Hunter, got it when it first released. Turned out to be a fun/addicting game.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Halo 2 was the shit, loved loading up on sniper ammo then super bouncing off certain maps. Dirty game play but was still fun lol. The game was full of glitches, but still the best one IMO.
agreed........... Watch out bro, their everywhere........... Little aliens used to slay me. Sniper action was the best........ If you knew the hacks the game was so much better than the stock issue....... I think the code writers and desingers did that shit on purpose to allow some geeks to hack on in and make the game so much better....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Messing around on Metal Gear Solid V: the phantom pain on 360. Always been a Metal Gear fan. Looking to get an xbox one x in the coming months. Yeah I know I should get a gaming pc and bla bla but can't be bothered :)
here is what I ordered today since were talking videos..... Got the Frag Box model, check the specs on this badboy

https://www.falcon-nw.com/desktops/overview

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

here is what I ordered today since were talking videos..... Got the Frag Box model, check the specs on this badboy

https://www.falcon-nw.com/desktops/overview

I'm on my phone right now and Falcon won't let me look at the specs without being on a PC. Before I decided to build my own I almost bought from them, but none of my PCs were functional at the time so they lost my business because I couldn't take a quick look at the specs to see if they had what I wanted (not that I knew Jack sh*t about Jack sh*t yet).

I ended up using AVA Direct, Origin, iBuyPower, and XoticPC as blueprints for a build. Then, after I studied the array of modern components for a few months, fed them into PCPartpicker's compatibility filter, and built my X99 Bullfrog (later upgraded and put into a new case to become Onyx).

20170109 120312
20170109 120626
20170109 122742
20170109 120731
20170814 060514
20170814 060503
20170928 101614

Specs on the current encarnation...

MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EATX mobo
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 RAM
EVGA GTX1080 FTW Hybrid
NZXT Kraken X61 liquid CPU cooler
Intel 6850k
Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w full modular PSU
Crucial 512GB SSD
Toshiba 6TB & 4TB HDDs
LG Bluray burner
...fit that in a standard ATX Thermaltake case. That's why I almost always build in Thermaltake. If your not scared you can modify them to fit almost anything. Had to mod the front cover to fit a 140mm fan and the 120mm EVGA radiator.

I know she's a little outdated now with the X299 out but she's still a beast and very capable. Plus, I'm running 40 PCI lanes and you have to pay around $1k before you get an X299 CPU capable of that.

As soon as I get my grow situation all sorted out this year I'm dropping a GTX 1080ti in her and building a second X99 VR machine.

I love building these monsters.

I'll check your specs as soon as my PC is done DLoading Eve Valkyrie Warzone. Falcon has a pretty good rep for their builds. A bit pricey though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom