What Would Cause This??????

• Thread starter RedJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedJohn

I am a first time grower just seeing if I can do it.I have 2 plants that are a little under 3 weeks old growing in the same pot for the moment. I made a couple huge mistakes at the beginning of the grow.

For starters I used miracle grow potting soil. And at about 1.5 weeks I gave a small dose of miracle grow. It worked for my tomatoes so I assumed it would for these too.

When I done that they got lightly nut burn. As soon as it happened I got online and seen what a fool I was. Since then I have changed potting soil and flushed them 4 times. One of them came out of it perfect other than the 2 bottom leaves being cut off due to turning completely white.

But starting a couple days ago one of them is starting to turn white again and the other is perfectly green. I'm using 3 cfl bulbs=6000 lumins. Plants stay in between 70-85 degrees. Watering them with plain tap water.

Im just not sure of the cause and was hoping someone could help me bring this little gal (hopefully) out of it!

What would cause this
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Nute toxicity by the looks and sounds of it, needs a good flush.

Reactions: Ina
R

RedJohn

Thanks Zen! I flushed it 3 times the first go round. I assumed that the one plant had more of the miracle grow potting soil left on when I changed the soil. I got a lot of the soil changed that the roots were growing in but I left some also. Ill give her another flush. Just has me confused that 1 plant is doing good and the other has major problems. Considering its the same exact everything as far as soil/water/lights

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Its the luck in the draw sometimes, the green one looks like slight N overdose, and the other one looks nute burnt in the 1st degree, almost like light bleaching.

xenon730

xenon730

looks like lockout from overfeed and/or bad ph. do you have a ph and ppm pen? if you correct your feed and feed with proper runoff, it should cease and new growth should be fine. you don't have a lot of light power. sounds like only 100w. is that correct?

fatawa

fatawa

Putting 2 plants in one pot isnt a good idea either..i can only asume u end up with one by the end

R

RedJohn

Correct on the 100 watt of power. And I have been using tap water but only yesterday realized the chlorine problem. So I will address that from here out as well. Sorry guys I am just very new to this and want to learn and do things the correct way with what little I have available. I am researching every day but they are so much that goes into it that if you don't know one small thing BANG!. I appreciate all the help and tips. That's why I posted was to learn so thanks a ton!

R

RedJohn

And the 2 in the one pot was not the plan. They both just took off and done so well at the beginning I figured one would be the runt and I could pick or choose what one to keep. But until a couple days ago the one that has turn what's was the bigger stronger plant. Think I could transplant them again and it be ok? Meaning put the white one in its own pot. In afraid another move would be tough on it considering. And id hate to move the pretty green one considering its doing good.

Tat2420

Tat2420

And the 2 in the one pot was not the plan. They both just took off and done so well at the beginning I figured one would be the runt and I could pick or choose what one to keep. But until a couple days ago the one that has turn what's was the bigger stronger plant. Think I could transplant them again and it be ok? Meaning put the white one in its own pot. In afraid another move would be tough on it considering. And id hate to move the pretty green one considering its doing good.
You need to try and keep them both...better chance of a lady...the faster stronger plant isn't always the best choice.
Some years I start with 60 to 100 seedlings outdoors...I keep less than half most years...some years are better...one year I kept 12...
I have seen 2 plants grown from a single pot like this...the plants were placed outdoors in a raised bed and trained to grow away from one another...seemed to.do ok but in my opinion it was just luck one didn't choke the other out being so close

xenon730

xenon730

no keep both and if both are female flower both. you could cut them apart but dont. also the whole tap water chlorine thing is probably not even relevant to you. the chlorine itself does nothing to the plants but may harm microbes. you can use just a pre fertilized mix with 600ppm tap well water and still get good results. however, you'll get better with a soilless mix, low ppm water, and a good base nute. you only have about 1000ppm so you don't want 600 of that to be carbonates instead of balanced food. you can feed more than that but if you're learning i tend to recommend 600ppm w12, 800ppm w34, 1000ppm w567, depending on setup obviously. you now have a taste, get these healthy and get them flowering or your light won't cut it. then just keep it alive and watch. plan your next start now. decide on mix and food now. you can produce some smoke from that 100 but any set back could cause problems with size or yield. what are you thinking for next time? have you researched cloning? going to clone these? have more seeds? coco or peat? etc.

R

RedJohn

Yes xenon I already have 5 sprouts about 2 to 3 inches tall. All started in regular potting soil and I went and got some liquid fert that is 1-1-1. Got it weak so I could adjust accordingly instead of overdoing it from the start.

Top Bottom