Whatever Happened To The Growzilla Dual Bulb Reflector?

• Thread starter CannaN00b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaN00b

I was talking with some buddies and we were reminiscing about the old dual bulb reflectors and I got thinking about the growzilla. It was compact, 6" air cooled and the bulbs were side by side. They were pretty popular a while back and then they disappeared. Does anyone know why were these discontinued? I've found one retailer that still sells them. Playing around with the idea of picking a couple up

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I was talking with some buddies and we were reminiscing about the old dual bulb reflectors and I got thinking about the growzilla. It was compact, 6" air cooled and the bulbs were side by side. They were pretty popular a while back and then they disappeared. Does anyone know why were these discontinued? I've found one retailer that still sells them. Playing around with the idea of picking a couple up
Just taking a guess, they were energy suckers. Leds have come a long ways, use less than 1/2 power consumption of HID lighting, and produce only a small amount of heat, and noise. IMHO.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
And heat. I think originally it was a novelty so you could run one HPS and one MH. I may be mistaken but I think I recall ads showing just that from back in the day. Anyhow not sure why they went away other than they prolly weren't all that popular and probably a tad expensive compared to traditional hoods.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

lol. those were beasts. used those back in the day .you need really high ceilings or your power bill goes to the moon

Top Bottom