Whats Causing This

• Thread starter NotaRasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Hey guys Im having an issue with a few plants. It looks like something is eating my leaves but Ive checked the plants and I havent foind any infestation or anything. Maybe its a deficiency or to much of something. Let me know what you think.
Heres some setup info
2 t5 4ft x 8tube
70/30 coco perlite mix
Nutes is jacks 3-2-1 @ 80%
RO water ph @ 5.6-5.8
Room Temp stays right around 75-73 and 45-50%RH
Ive only seen this on 2 different plants out of 7 both are different strains

Whats causing this
Whats causing this 2
Whats causing this 3
Whats causing this 4
showmegreen

showmegreen

You definetly have a leaf munching bugger somewhere around there! Caterbugger, leafchewer, cannachewalottaleafus, weed eatin hippityhop, etc. Also.......
You are mag deficient. Man I miss Sea Maiden! She knows everythin! And all everythin's variabilities. Hit it with some neem oil diluted in a foliar spray bein sure to get the undersides of tha leaves and disolve some Epsom salts in with it. Should take care of it in a bit. If not it will ruin yer whole world! Mwahahahaha! Just watch yer ph and use filtered water. Or dont... You deside... Or do you.... Mwahahahaha! Just kiddin.. Or am i?....

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Im not sure your reply was helpful or not. So somethings eating my leaves and I should use neem oil maybe or not. Thanks for all the double talk. Oh and mag deficient

Dunge

Dunge

This looks to me like very old damage.
Some one was munching on your leaves when they were very small and the damage is reflected in growth.
Look closely at your new growth for ANY disruption.
Neem detergent spray has always been well received by my plants, and has a negative impact on bugs.
I'd advise against making your own as neem can be troublesome to use straight.

Newer veg does not look too bad.
You may have a history of calcium deficiency.

S

Shawnery

Couldn't this be a deficiency rather than a pest? I know I'm new but that looks like leaf growth rather than a leaf being eaten.

G gnome

G gnome

Hey guys Im having an issue with a few plants. It looks like something is eating my leaves but Ive checked the plants and I havent foind any infestation or anything. Maybe its a deficiency or to much of something. Let me know what you think.
Heres some setup info
2 t5 4ft x 8tube
70/30 coco perlite mix
RO water ph @ 5.6-5.8

Do u have a cat?

brazel

brazel

You had the same thing happened on two plants out of seven and those two plants are different strains? Can you post a picture of both of them? To me it looks like a mutant. But to have two different strains that have the exact same mutant... For that much damage from pest to happen on two plants but not the other five... are you using the same grow medium between all 7 plants?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Heres some setup info
2 t5 4ft x 8tube
70/30 coco perlite mix
RO water ph @ 5.6-5.8
Your getting mowd. These hookers are not there during light hours munching your plants, but eating your leaves like snickers at lights out. Bugs my friend. Bigger bugs it would seem. The pics are great, can you see the yellow defs of the leave in pic one? but I also see all the lush on the under grow. Looks like you handled the issue. But the leaf munchers,...Lady Bugs work. I have two right now patrolling two Ladies i'm going to cut tomorrow. But just put them in the room cause it was 40 outside and happen to be on the window of my s10 looking for a hand out. And yes, tomorrow they have no home. Interested? Not Pease, and continue on.
Heres some setup info
2 t5 4ft x 8tube
70/30 coco perlite mix
RO water ph @ 5.6-5.8
Find a few ladybugs. They will seek and destroy.

brazel

brazel

Your getting mowd. These hookers are not there during light hours munching your plants, but eating your leaves like snickers at lights out. Bugs my friend. Bigger bugs it would seem. The pics are great, can you see the yellow defs of the leave in pic one? but I also see all the lush on the under grow. Looks like you handled the issue. But the leaf munchers,...Lady Bugs work. I have two right now patrolling two Ladies i'm going to cut tomorrow. But just put them in the room cause it was 40 outside and happen to be on the window of my s10 looking for a hand out. And yes, tomorrow they have no home. Interested? Not Pease, and continue on.

The only way a few ladybugs would help is if you had no idea you had any pest and you had a few ladybugs.
If you can see the damage you have an infestation, unless it's caterpillar type. You need a grip of ladybugs plus other measures for them to be effective

Last edited:
the rrock

the rrock

Ladybugs are a waste of time unless your conditions are optimal(for the ladybugs)

M

motz

I'd bet a bag of donuts they weren't lady bugs either more than likely Asian musk Beatles.
They were brought in by the gov. For aphid infestations in soybeans.
Now they're all over the fuckin place

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

These are in veg with lights on 24/7. I'll try out lady bugs.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

You had the same thing happened on two plants out of seven and those two plants are different strains? Can you post a picture of both of them? To me it looks like a mutant. But to have two different strains that have the exact same mutant... For that much damage from pest to happen on two plants but not the other five... are you using the same grow medium between all 7 plants?
Yeah everything is the same for all plants. I'll post some pics tomorrow

brazel

brazel

Thing for you to do is conduct a hypothesis. Get a pen and paper write down all the things they share, the variables and your extremes.
Then do a process of elimination and see what you're left with

brazel

brazel

Lady bugs eat other bugs man.....they sell em to prey on pests but unless a ladybug is gonna eat this guys house cat they aint gonne do jack shit haha
of course lady bugs are beneficial but if you don't know the cause of the problem then you just shooting in the dark. Ladybugs ain't a cure for all ladybugs ain't a cure for an infestation.

Top Bottom