Whats in your oldest jar?!?!?!

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

...........they didn't measure rh.......ceramic pots and clay pots naturaly maintain a given rh......hahahaha ...but again it obviously would take a chemistry undergrad to figure that out LOL common maiden........i think you might smoke to much "fresh" herb sometimes

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

it doesn't take a genius to know when a bag of bread is left open it loses moisture. when you close the bag it maintains a relative moister level..............so if i can figure that out by the age of 4 in a kitchen.....you don't think egyptians could figure it out?

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

How did the ancient Egyptians do anything that they did! I think they may have been the smartest of our race. I would have loved to see them growing there herbs. Imagine an indoor grow inside a pyramid!!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
recommended is 68 to 72% to maintain freshness; i have found red trichs won't form inless humid drops below too 65-68% the trichs still go red but it seems to take longer; ancient egyptian texts talk of 67% being optimal to bring out the "third eye of the cannabis plant" ........real interesting reads. anyways i use 67% for all these reasons, but i've also cured very long in jars and have to say that the trichs still turn red in the jars but the bud losses almost all it's smell(very faint smell that's very pungent) and alot of it's flavor, also the stoneyness and the soaring high of either kinds of strains is diminished completly and changes to a more.....mental high...where as the humidor maintains more flavor and smell upon breaking. the buds however after 24 months always smell like spices....almost like curry in a way
It wasn't me who made such an unequivocal statement, it was you. Got me to wondering, so I did some searching, thought you might have something more than smartass comments to share on your statements.

Dang... I can't seem to find a thing that can tell me how ancient Egyptians measured relative humidity. How'd they do that?

...........they didn't measure rh.......ceramic pots and clay pots naturaly maintain a given rh......hahahaha ...but again it obviously would take a chemistry undergrad to figure that out LOL common maiden........i think you might smoke to much "fresh" herb sometimes
I don't know why you feel the need to be such a smartass, but it's getting old.
it doesn't take a genius to know when a bag of bread is left open it loses moisture. when you close the bag it maintains a relative moister level..............so if i can figure that out by the age of 4 in a kitchen.....you don't think egyptians could figure it out?

WTF did I say to cause you to just keep going? Never mind, I don't actually want to know.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

ooo know i offended you huh? .......you are always the smartass.....you could just say interesting...and move on instead you post this smart-ass comment......

Dang... I can't seem to find a thing that can tell me how ancient Egyptians measured relative humidity. How'd they do that?

and you just did this again 5 secs ago in the "buffer" thread....trying to call me out as if i don't know what i'm saying....when you don't even know what a buffer is..........i'm here to provide insight and knowledge to people whom would like facts and education...not to call everyone out on something that i don't understand.......if you don't understand and don't want to be educated, then move on and don't throw smart ass comments at an educated person and then complain when he does it back to you..​

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

If you want to fight about, um, nothing. Then go fight about nothing in a private message. None of us care about either of your smart ass comments. Keep it to the subject not about one another's intelligence. If you don't have anything nice to say than don't say it at all. hahaha. I appreciate the info provided so far.

I wonder if there is any solid evidence of when thc will start to deteriorate. A true Shelf Life if you will.

fractal

fractal

What about seed jars? I just germed 3 of my oldest seeds to test how they are holding out. 3/3 on some reservoir seed co. Bottle Rocket sprouting up right now, rez sent me the pack along with the original sour D x williams wonder back in 2002 or 2003. Fuckin Durban / Thai x cindy99, high octane shit I can still remember how dank it was. My seed jar is much more impressive than the average diesel nugs in my stash jar.

sky high

sky high

Just finished some 6+ month cured "Lem Chem". The nose was a bit off from the fresh buds...a bit more of a pungency than that Chem kinda smell....but the taste...wow...super deep "Chem".....with almost a hashy tone and some expansion/cough action. Very nice.

My BB loses the straight up berry funk and gets a wine'ish/riper smell as it ages...and after 6 months you wouldn't peg it as Blueberry in smell or taste.

Overall I have found the Chems to deepen/get more intense in original flavor where the more fruity stuff starts to lose it's identity sooner. Anyone else see this?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I would say its about 6-8mos old indica Blueberry. But ive found after a long cure it just tastes more hashy than fruity.

My BB loses the straight up berry funk and gets a wine'ish/riper smell as it ages...and after 6 months you wouldn't peg it as Blueberry in smell or taste.

Overall I have found the Chems to deepen/get more intense in original flavor where the more fruity stuff starts to lose it's identity sooner. Anyone else see this?

I hear ya both on this. My Blueberry wasn't very good after 6 months in the jar. And chems/diesels do well with a long cure.

Have some Chocolate Diesel and Jack Herer with about 5 months on them and they are exceptional.

outwest

mack 10

mack 10

@Seamaiden ^^Whahahaa! with an ancient hygrostat of course!

Also the other day Skunkman said that red colour was caused by degredation.
MAck.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

@Seamaiden ^^Whahahaa! with an ancient hygrostat of course!

Also the other day Skunkman said that red colour was caused by degredation.
MAck.
...when thc degrades it's forms other cannabinoids..... the same with cbd thcv etc etc....you and maiden must smoke the same bleach...eeerrr..i mean weed

draco

draco

i have been storing my weed at 55-58% and it keeps well up to 18 mo, strain depending.

i had two jars of a kush cross for 12 mo. one was at 57% the other at 63%. the 63 has turned, but the 57 has not.

i smoke cigars @70-75% rh. they will keep well for years at that rh. but weed smokes best between 52 and 60. i wouldn't store weed with an rh that high. (67 -70)

oh and i have some year old mango haze that hasn't lost a thing. i'm wondering how long it can go...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
My herb gets quite invigorated after about 6 or 8 months in the jar,
one or two years is great--
I've had 3 year vintages that were real good too...
=====================================
ancient egyptian texts talk of 67% being optimal to bring out the "third eye of the cannabis plant" ........real interesting reads.
...........they didn't measure rh.......ceramic pots and clay pots naturaly maintain a given rh......hahahaha ...but again it obviously would take a chemistry undergrad to figure that out LOL
>...but again it obviously would take a chemistry undergrad to figure that out LOL
<Squiggy!!!...

How bout some references for all this new and wonderful information;
you apparently know things that nobody else knows--
spread the knowledge...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just finished some 6+ month cured "Lem Chem". The nose was a bit off from the fresh buds...a bit more of a pungency than that Chem kinda smell....but the taste...wow...super deep "Chem".....with almost a hashy tone and some expansion/cough action. Very nice.

That 6 month Lem chem was really good medicine for 2 folks I passed along to with MS. Thanks again for the donation, it's way cool to donate to those wh0 really need to feel better.My friend is so sick, depressed, tired. For some reason that strain really helped perk him up. He's on morphine and all sorts of other drugs, breaks my heart to see him suffer so, I would take the fatal dose and say good bye, maybe.
Poor fella, we struggled loading him in car after a visit, his wife has a lot on her plate and iam sure it helps her cope as well.
Again farmers our woes are nothing compared to some...So live it up while you cannn..

sky high

sky high

When they need a re-up lemme know. Glad to help those with true needs! Sucks to be in such a bad way.....

Top Bottom