Whats That One Item Your Room Needs That You Haven’t Gotten Around To Getting

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

This is a fancy knockoff of a sunsystems remote hood,i have a bunch of them sitting in my shed.
Did you find a bat wing reflector just as effective as the vertical hood like this I can’t bring myself to spend 200 bucks with my bat wing seems to be working just fine

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would say for me a safe and functional mounted propane heater with a propane that’s outside

Man that would lower my power bill and make me smile :)
Vented propane heater with thermostat and electric ignition. I’m having a long enough hose made up for a 25 gallon tank outside.
63AB1767 B2A2 4BF0 BB7F 273E18DC2500
EB588FD9 8155 4701 9DD4 093440407BAE

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Solacure.com

I’ve heard of a few horror stories of UVB lights from growmua5 and medgrower. Something about stressed plants, seed pockets and lower yields. Not sure it’s worth the added expense.

I went with a far red led board instead by rapid led & growmau5.

They come on 3 hours before my lights shut off and go off 15 minutes after they shut off. Suppose to help simulate the Emerson effect.

That coupled with a 11/13 light schedule shaved a good week off an 8-9 week strain.

I could take em down sooner but I’d rather wait a little longer. Without the far red led board I’ve let them go almost 9 weeks for the same results.

They really could have came down after week 6 if I was rushing it. Sadly I haven’t been able to smoke for a few months so i’m letting them go.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yeah I’d be skeptical of that for sure.

I mean I could see some increase but double is hard to swallow.

I would say watt for watt sure a great led light could double what a traditional HID would do with the same energy draw from the wall.

I’m seeing similar (or slightly better) results with less than 1/2 the wattage of my old HPS/MH lights with almost no heat. So you can turn down the ventilation system some as moving out hot air isn’t a big concern.
So half the lecky for same yield is still a great result as my lecky bills fucking ridiculous and I would save the $ spent on led in a few grows .

Phylex

Phylex

I still haven't picked up a dehumidifier. I haven't needed one yet but I anticipate there's a good chance I will once I get established in flower. I'm waiting to see if the need arises. I'm pretty certain come Summer I'll need an AC unit. My goal is to start building an actual room next summer and move out of the tent.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
So half the lecky for same yield is still a great result as my lecky bills fucking ridiculous and I would save the $ spent on led in a few grows .

Oh absolutely. My entire grow rack uses 235 watts and that includes lights, fans, cloner and in-line ventilation system. It breaks down to about $6-10/oz in total costs including fertilizer, soil, etc per month. Crazy cheap to grow with high efficiency leds.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Oh absolutely. My entire grow rack uses 235 watts and that includes lights, fans, cloner and in-line ventilation system. It breaks down to about $6-10/oz in total costs including fertilizer, soil, etc per month. Crazy cheap to grow with high efficiency leds.

Cant speak on HID, CMH or HPS but full spectrum white light cobs are pretty kick ass and kept a low light bill, I never switched. SO, UV lights.. no go. Well, I was thinking of adding two red wave 1700k cobs from timber no matter what in each corner.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Been pricing out different lighting for acre size greenhouses, and LED lights only give about a 10% increase in efficiency according to LED manufactures.

Freshone

Freshone

Did you find a bat wing reflector just as effective as the vertical hood like this I can’t bring myself to spend 200 bucks with my bat wing seems to be working just fine
Batwing will work,growershouse sells a 315 bulb adaptor.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
another dedicated circuit and a mini split reefer

Top Bottom