Whats the haps in MT

• Thread starter NoJuice88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Jesus man are we talking about the origins of strains now? I thought we were speaking about quality. As for silvertip, well like all strains the quality depends on the grower. How many people do you think came up with the same starbud as you? Even if you give out your clone well then you think it will universally be the same? Of course not! I can guarantee that you never met or worked with me out there cause I am sure your perspective would be different. The blue dream I smoked in MT was grown in MT and was better than ANY blue dream I have had in Cali. You see I have been lucky enough to live in cali during the heyday of great strains, which does seem like its decline these days, I also lived off and on in Vancouver in the late 90's/early 00's, had a long-term girlfriend in Amsterdam, live off and on currently in Barcelona and believe it or not I have been lucky enough to try some stellar WA herb because of the people I know there. I think I know quality herb. Honestly all my Wa friends have been begging me to bring them some "headies" for the last three years, (of course I don't cause I would never break a law), now I haven't been there in over a year but I haven't seen super good things out of WA since the early 00's, but I do not assume that chronic is not alive and well in WA, sure it is but the people I know stopped growing years ago, so my connects there are surely off, that does not mean that I hop on a WA forum and talk mad shit, that is lame. You hopped onto this thread and started saying some really shitty things about Montanans and that is not cool, man not at all. There is nothing wrong with being civil, nothing at all, so please lets try a little civility. I am sorry that you came to MT with expectations of moving in and making money, not sure what happened in your situation but Mt is not to blame for your failed success, not one bit. I don't know green punk, well maybe I do just not sure, but let me tell you all the growers I know in Mt are as diverse as the people from MT, from skateboarders, to construction workers, every walk of life is out there, so you may have just been in the wrong group. Lets please lighten this topic up, Montana has already been successfully fucked by the federal government, MT needs all the support it can get right now.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

O
Quality is a matter of opinion. I didnt name the STARBUD...HORTILAB did. Its their creation. FYI
Of course, but what does that have to do with anything? Silvertip was named by a good buddy of mine who popped the seed, and was also the most likely culprit in getting the pollen on that gdp to begin with. Anyway sounds like you had a bad situation going on, they are everywhere, never any guarantees in what we do.....I am sure you know that. I also am not responding to you in order to get into an argument or get you wound up, I just want to keep this civil, and this thread too. F.Y.I. everyone knows the further east in MT you go, the worse the herb is......generally speaking. Now maybe we can both puff one and chill......Yeah?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

"If thats the case about Montana growers then why didnt the caregivers put up the money needed to fight the feds?"

This is a huge topic but I really want to address a little of it. Montana has never been like the west coast in terms of herb culture, sure they had their fair share of beasters back in the day because of its geographical location but MT never enjoyed the open culture that is so alive and well in WA, OR, and CA. and that played a big part with what went down medically speaking. People kept a strong underground herb scene in MT for many, many moons. There was always good stuff in Missoula, and that town was closest to the aforementioned states, but people were way, way, way underground even in Missoula but much more so for the rest of the state. So the paranoid culture of herb growers in MT has been there for many years but when the medical thing started it forced the underground to be aboveground. So needless to say, they went right back to those holes at the first sign of trouble. Wrong choice? Sure. Disheartening? Sure. But there were reasons for it. Another thing to take into mind, and not that I agree entirely or that much at all with these people, but the feds charged many of the mmj proponents with the biggest voices, that and fucking Lee Enterprises. If ever there was less of an accurate newspaper......holy shit! And really at the end of the day what can anyone do against the feds?

green punk

green punk

And yes SnVn knows what he is talking about. I went to his shop. Had some the best quality I witnessed in town.

E

EACH1TEACH1

Sorry to say but there is no bud heaven Seattle, Montana nor California. chill out and smoke one. everyone smokes herb everywhere, but few grow that super. all that negativity is for the birds. blue dream seems to be all over north america its like growing corn,lol peace.

N

Nadroj

I have had bud from MT, WA, and OR... i can't say who grows the best because there is good bud everywhere but Montana has some of the best growers in the nation by far. I was born in WA, raised in MT and go back to WA/OR nearly every year to visit... and while im there i always pick up some herb... last time $150/oz for some indoor OG Chunk and Fruity AK.

You think Silvertip gives you a weak high... it's almost narcotic if grown to perfection like this!
DSC01796
DSC01797

Do i need photodump this thread just to prove my point?
Fruity AK
DSC02086

Og Chunk
DSC02080

Oregon Outdoor
DSC00555

DSC00575

And for those of you who say Billings gets bad weed... you couldn't be more wrong... it's all about who you know around here

Bubba Gooey
DSC00578

Family Love
DSC00843

I like Blue Widow better than Blue Dream because it literally is a staple mmj strain here just like silvertip ;)
DSC00789

I think i proved my point... need i remind you im only 18? Think about what all the older guys are smoking and growing here ;)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes buddy! Killing it! Family of Love.....hahaha! I know someone that you must know, or maybe one degree of separation away!!!! I have never seen blue widow, assuming its newer if it is a staple in your world. Thanks for such a good reply, you may be young in years but look much older in nug knowledge!!!!!hahaha good work nadroj

N

Nadroj

I would like to thank you and all the other growers who could make this all possible for me to absorb as i grew up here during the entire mmj boom throughout 2008-2011... started toking at the end of 2008 and by 4/20/09 i was toking daily... i literally had a handful of people to get bud from here at one point last year from Billings to Bozeman and i still do but my buddy who got me the silvertip above ended up being a real dbag who jacked over $500 from me and left without a trace... long story short... this guy was a real dick who needed the money to support his obvious habit of something (pills?)... he was originally from Missouri and came here just like the rest of em so you just never know who may pull that kind of shit on you... ive lived here since '96... all of those midwest/east coast fags need to gtfo if they just here to use the system. Now i only get from friends and their friends! Never trust people you dont "really" know... Im from Laurel too... you would never think the kids that grew up there now grow and get some of the best buds around the Yellowstone Valley... Billings kids all come to US! Even my friends from work ask me about lbs after seeing the chron i have access to...

Here's what's sitting in my jar as we speak... Headband and Kali Mist... and i got some good ole Oregon outdoor Black Widow too. Can i ask where you moved to Sanvan? If Montana doesn't get its shit together sooner or later (by the time i graduate college) i would like to go to WA, OR, or CO... i just cant decide... i have friends in every state... but Colorado is honestly looking to be the best and is the closest state to me since im a Yellowstoner. I know WA and OR in the back of my head though... drove to Seattle by myself when i was 16 going on 17... good birthday trip... grabbed an $80/q of outdoor blueberry x northern lights... so fuego. Wish i got good pics of it haha.
Headband
DSC00859

Kali Mist
DSC00894

Buds from the O: Outdoor Black Widow
DSC00898

Outdoor OG
DSC00910

I have over 1500 pictures of herbz ive smoked in the past 2 years!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hell yeah buddy. I really miss MT as that is where I am from and we did some great work over there with strains while we had the chance. There is such super good quality over in MT, especially if you know the right folk. Just had some amazing sour apple on my trip back last week. One tip I must give ya, if you don't do this already, DRY TRIM YOUR MEDS!!! What I mean is that for some reason or another most MT growers trim when there medicine is wet, and let me tell you there is an amazing difference between the two. For example, one of my good buddies and best growers I know from Missoula could not believe me when I took down a silvertip plant and smoked the wet trimmed stuff with him for a month before I broke out a nug of something I had let dry with all the leaves on it.....He completely thought it was something different!!!HAHA.

So stoked to hear that you are killing it in Laurel, be careful the locals are a pain in the ass!!!!!!! Also, on that silvertip if you let it go more than 9 weeks it will be a face melter!!! Seriously.

As far as where to move I guess that would be determined on your motivations, if you are into breeding and want the availability to do that then maybe try WA and OR they are great, just not set up yet like CO. But at the end of the day, everything is in Cali! The strains, climate, breeders, and long standing love to make this herb better is seriously apart of the water out here. I cannot really say anything about cali that I don't like, it is very nice here. I see a lot of changes soon, and so keep in tune with the politics of any state you want to move to. This election will really mean the world, if Mitt gets elected maybe stay right where you are because I would predict that herb would go back to 50 for 3g's of junk, and much more for the "fuego". Anyway, I think CO is safe until after november because it is such a swing state. I cannot believe you are so young and into the herb like you are, kudos! If you come across Vicsfruit, run that with all your heart....its my baby and tastes like a mix of cherries and grapefruits! Good luck to you and thanks for the photos and positivity to the thread!

N

Nadroj

Hopefully most growers keep that in mind in the future haha... sounds like an excellent technique that would cure/preserve the bud better. Everyone lives in Billings for the most part now but we all went to high school here in Laurel! Not much to do out here in the 'burbs... ;)

Wish i could still get $10/g buds from the shop nearly any day of the week before Billings banned shops... now it's all underground and delivery services. I just got more into dabbin' as well but BHO availability is scarce around here as you know haha. Gotta make your own (not an option for me) or know someone that does it better like this
DSC00753

DSC00607

I have had Sour Apple from my old connect too!
DSC02866

DSC02869

DSC02871

DSC02868

Ill tell you one thing though... the first year of my smoking career i was getting high mids/beaster type bud from a friend (who now pushes lbs of chronic weekly) for 25/half, 50/eighth. Then we started getting "medical" and i never looked back :D

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Thats the sour apple alright. It was supposedly brought to the scene (not MT scene another story for another time) by Jason King. Not sure about the exact genetics, I think that its a cross between NYCD and purps, but I could be totally wrong. Anyway that strain is awesome when it gets to all purple, and when flushed right tastes like tropical punch. It was a very guarded strain at one point in time, nice to see it making the rounds.

N

Nadroj

The genetics are Diesel x C99 so i can see why it packs such a sativa punch... I also got Bubblegum G13 in that pick up as well... so fire.
DSC03037

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The genetics are Diesel x C99 so i can see why it packs such a sativa punch... I also got Bubblegum G13 in that pick up as well... so fire.View attachment 232427
Ill buy that. I do think some purple snuck up in there somehow though, maybe I am wrong but neither of those strains get purple like the sour apps, so I figure somehow somewhere...you know? Anything new coming out of the scene over there? Seen any of that blueberry tahoe?

N

Nadroj

Blueberry Tahoe!? Blueberry hybrids are my favorite! Id love to try some original Tahoe OG before i give that a try... If you ever lurk on Tokecity you can check out my thread and Montanas thread... he gets some of the best buds ive seen in the 406... including Tahoe OG. I think one plant could have been colder than another but i definitely agree that something was going onto to make it so purple in the first place. The best strains i have got in the past few months are Connie Chung, Tsunami, Vanilla Kush, Wifi, Blackberry x Green Crack, couple cuts of Chemdog, and Headband x MK Ultra... all from the Gallatin Valley!
Connie Chung
DSC00171

Tsunami
DSC00286

Vanilla Kush
DSC00228

Friends Chemdog
DSC00431

My Chemdog from my old connect
DSC00117

Black Crack
DSC00126

Wifi (The White x Fire OG)
DSC00222

Headband x MK Ultra
DSC00699

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree...MT does have some quality meds IF you know the right people...

Some work that I have done in the Big Sky Country...All the nice pics above made me want to contribute lol. Peace

DSCN4540   Copy 1301 x 2200

DSCN4541   Copy 1166 x 2200

DSCN5654

Urk1

Urklezoom 800 x 601

DSCN5600 2000 x 1500

DSCN4901 1335 x 1308

N

Nadroj

Is that your Krazy Kush? I remember seeing it in another thread last year. That is by far some of the best looking weed i have ever seen... that's like the bi-polar opposite of silvertip! I wish i could top weed like that... but i just cant! haha. Amazing buds man... where do you reside now? Everyone left :(

Top Bottom