Cindy99 3wks Old With Leaf Mutations

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Got my meter in today. Up until now I've been using lemon juice to lower my ph. I've got sulfuric acid now, but mixed up a gallon with lemon juice to see where my ph has been. Turns out I've been feeding at around 7.3-7.5. Have not been able to test the run off because they've already been watered.
What!?! Sulfuric acid? Holy shit bro...

Testing runoff in soil is like going to a movie with a blindfold and earmuffs.

chuey316

chuey316

So no need to worry about what the runoff is? I thought you ph'd your water a little higher/lower depending on your runoff to achieve an overall balance.

Good to know. I'm still a bit new to growing, so I'm learning as I go.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You just opened a new can of worms. What are you feeding? What is the medium? What kind of system are you running? Are you using a saucer?
I know I should have went over your entire thread, but I got my kid here w/me

chuey316

chuey316

You just opened a new can of worms. What are you feeding? What is the medium? What kind of system are you running? Are you using a saucer?
I know I should have went over your entire thread, but I got my kid here w/me
Soil grow, 3 plants in 3gal buckets. Soil is .09-.07-.05, mixed with 1/3 pearlite. 6 4ft t8's. Miracle Gro all purpose liquid plant food 12-4-8. Fed 1gal pet watering right now, at 50% strength. Warm mist humidifier for humidity, and to help with temps. 8" fan blowing down across the top of plants. No saucer.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Do you have an EC meter?
Are the containers about rootbound? I take it you'r still in veg?
It's been a while since I've grown in soil, and I don't recall taking measuremnts of runoff at all. My only concern for you is the MG frets.
Remember you can always add more food, but once ya burn up a plant, it's a bit harder to recover from.
I always feed the absolute min amount that keeps the plant from being deficient

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You'r doing a great job. As soon as ya get the ph in check, you'll be in good shape. What soil are ya using? FF? You shouldn't have to feed for 3 weeks or so.. Also, you can always add some worm castings, and guano, and you will be in great shape..maybe a bit of lime for PH stabilization.
Keep us up to date. Ya only get laid the first time once ;)

chuey316

chuey316

Do you have an EC meter?
Are the containers about rootbound? I take it you'r still in veg?
It's been a while since I've grown in soil, and I don't recall taking measuremnts of runoff at all. My only concern for you is the MG frets.
Remember you can always add more food, but once ya burn up a plant, it's a bit harder to recover from.
I always feed the absolute min amount that keeps the plant from being deficient

Don't think they're rootbound. Whats the best way to check without stressing them? I'm 5 weeks into veg right now. I've been lst'ing them to get more bud sites, and just released the ties to let then start growing into the screens.

Been having issues with temps dropping into the mid 60's and humidity dropping into the 30's lately, so growth has slowed down some, but still moving along. I added a warm mist humidifier, but I can only fill it 2x a day. While running the temps stay in the mid-upper 70's, and the humidity gets to 65-75%, but it runs out of water before I can fill it again.

I'm also running air stones in the water containers between watering, and I'm thinking about building a 5gal ultrasonic mister so I can keep the humidity consistent.

You'r doing a great job. As soon as ya get the ph in check, you'll be in good shape. What soil are ya using? FF? You shouldn't have to feed for 3 weeks or so.. Also, you can always add some worm castings, and guano, and you will be in great shape..maybe a bit of lime for PH stabilization.
Keep us up to date. Ya only get laid the first time once ;)

Soil is Miracle Gro all purpose garden. Next grow will be with FF Ocean Forrest now that I can get it locally.

chuey316

chuey316

Too late to edit my last post. The plants are not 5 weeks vegging, but 5 weeks from breaking soil.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

If you see roots poppig out the bottoms, or they'r need to be watered/fed everyday, they'r ready for a larger container. 60's at nite? Or lights on? Either way, it shouldn't stress it enough to slow it's growth. 60's humidity in veg is fine. Shit, in Col, I've veggd at 20-30%. So far so good. Did your ph issue clear up?
A little advice.. leave all the fan leaves on, but the lower "sucker branches" cut, and use for clones. Even if ya don't use em, it's good practice for the future. Getting rid of the suckers will help the energy go to the top buds, and save ya from popcorn...Also make trimming a lot easier.
What are you going to flower under?

chuey316

chuey316

No roots visible through the drainage holes. They're only going through a bit under 1 gallon per week.

I had to remove the humidifier. I checked on them the other day, and my cab was sitting at 94% humidity. Dark temps are 63-65ºf and haven't really changed since the humidifier was on the timer with the lights. Lights on is 66-68ºf. Temps are dependent on the outside temps. My grow is in a Michigan basement, and our weather is far from consistent. It can be 45-50º one day, and 10º the next.

They're drinking so little that I feel like it's going to take awhile to know that the ph is in check. Would it be a good idea to flush them with ph'd water? I'd think that would get it stable faster than clearing it up a gallon each each week.

A question for ya about the cutting the lower branches. I planned on doing this from reading here, but when would I start cutting? Now, and let the branches that are already at the screen do the filling, or let more grow up to the screen, and cut any the wont reach after it starts to fill a bit?

I'm hoping that I can get my hood and 400w hps by the time I flip, but if not it'll be 6 2700k T8's, and another 150-175w of 2700k cfls.

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Drinking that little isn't good.
Can you post some recent pics of leaves, stems, stalk, and medium.

chuey316

chuey316

I'll put up some pics today after work. Would've had em sooner, but I had to figure out how to get my camera back into macro mode.

chuey316

chuey316

DSCN0374
DSCN0375
DSCN0376
DSCN0377
DSCN0378
DSCN0379
DSCN0381
DSCN0382
DSCN0383

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It's your ph. Plain, and simple. Try adding lime, and using cal-mag for the short term. You said you'r using miracle grow fertz.. soil is too? Usually the soil runs far too hot, but what are you feeding at?

chuey316

chuey316

They'll need water tonight or tomorrow. Should I even bother testing the run off to see what it is?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You may as well go ahead and flush it real good (soil= 6.8!!) if you have anything organic, like worm castings, guano, something for roots. Top dress and water. Once you get your medium in range, it looks like it will be a nice plant

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks. I'm flushing them now. It looks like I spoke too soon on the possibility of them being root bound. There were no signs of roots through the drainage holes Sunday, but there is now.

DSCN0384

I'm going to read up on transplanting since I've never done it, and don't want to mess it up. I'll be up-sizing to 5gal buckets with FF Ocean Forest tomorrow. Is it likely that they'll get rootbound in the buckets? If so, then I'll go with something bigger like some 10gal rubbermaids. If I go with those though, I'd have to use 1/2 FF, and the other half would have to be some cheap soil without nutes. I can't buy 6-7 bags of FF right now.

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Dam, yeah, in soil they SHOULD have been drinking a ton
Transplant is SUPER easy, especially on a rootbound. Just fill the soil a ill more longer than the container you'r using, take ur current pot, w/plant in it. And place it in the new soil. Press down with your pot so it makes a cradel for your new home. Grab it by the bas, pull her out, and put her in New home. (Fill around w/soil, and listen what you compacted) Keep your ph in check!

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks. I just watched a video of transplanting, and like damn, that's simple! I think I'll go with the 5gal containers for the final pots. I don't have the room for the to get too big.

On a different note, I got the temps a little more in check. One of the rooms in my house has 2 heat vents, and it always got much warmer in there than the rest of the house, so I've had the butterfly valve closed off on it. I disconnected it, and rerouted the ducting to the area in front of my cab. All this week the temp had been at 64º before running the duct. The temp is now sitting consistently at 70º.

Latest posts

Top Bottom