What's Up

• Thread starter Cornbreadky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cornbreadky

Cornbreadky

Sup everybody glad to be on here. I'm looking to get a little advice on becoming legal grower in Colorado. I'm planning on moving to Colorado next year. I'd like to be out there before mid May. So is it really as simply moving out there, doing the paperwork and paying the fees n permits. I'd like to hear from someone who's been through this or knows the process real good.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you talking about starting a business or just a personal home grow. Also no offense but if your looking to get rich out here that ship has sailed a long time ago...p.s im a Colorado native

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Hey welcome,
Just thought I would chime in, it's a bit late to get into the industry in Colorado imo, ppl are pretty solid right now, same with Oregon in a year or two. I would suggest if you moved anywhere, move to a state that just got legalized. Yes the laws won't be in place and confusing for a while, but then you can become a forefront runner in the game in that state. It's what I would have done anyways. I know that wasn't your question, but I feel everyone must hear this before getting started up in CO or WA. Goodluck. I only know Oregon legal means.

Cornbreadky

Cornbreadky

Well I'm currently trying to purchase a turn key operation it's a house 45 acre got a 1500 Sq ft indoor setup and 3000 Sq ft greenhouse.I guess what I needa ask is the bank gonna let me purchase this as a mortgage? or would I need to go through some cannabis finance place? That's where I'm lost where it's legally already setup for that will the bank let me purchase the property or no? Thanks for all the replies so fast.

dablogic

dablogic

Well I'm currently trying to purchase a turn key operation it's a house 45 acre got a 1500 Sq ft indoor setup and 3000 Sq ft greenhouse.I guess what I needa ask is the bank gonna let me purchase this as a mortgage? or would I need to go through some cannabis finance place? That's where I'm lost where it's legally already setup for that will the bank let me purchase the property or no? Thanks for all the replies so fast.

Sorry to sink your boat, but getting financed here in Colorado for anything cannabis related will cost you a pretty penny. The banks will not hand out money or barely will even talk with anyone in the cannabis business, expect half of your company to be owned by your landlord or financer and of the remaining 50%, 30% of it will have been taken by the MED for taxes. Better have an awesome business plan if you're planning on making it out here. Count on keeping less than 30% of your total earnings...and if all you're going to do is grow, lbs. of indoor dank on the Rec market go for 800-900$, greenhouse grown is 500-600$. Also wanted to mention, unless this place is in Nederland, CO, then growing from a house to be sold in stores is illegal, you have to be in proper zoning. The state has several cities which are holding back licenses, and most dispensaries are now being denied REC unless they have been an established company for a couple years.

Top Bottom