What's Wrong Here.

• Thread starter Face plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Face plant

I'm posting a picture please look it over tell me what you see and think.
Imagejpeg 0 2

F

Face plant

They're not mine. The soil was something I thought about it was a premix for a home improvement store. My friend has a tendency to underwater, so the nutrients in the soil could be a problem. I suggest a flushing which is the hard part he don't own a ppm meter and uses well water salt build up at 6 weeks?

F

Face plant

A handful of water is not watering water should run out you may water less often but should reduce salt build up, correct?

Polar510

Polar510

If hes flushing You want runoff but not so much it strips the container of all the nutrients.

Polar510

Polar510

I have no experience personally with well water but I know it can soar up to 500 ppm easy and be loaded with all kinds on Minerals etc..
Some probably great some maybe not in excess.
But when Your flushing You want the water as pure a possible. His soil might be ok but maybe the well water is fully loaded, Or vice versa. Like I was saying there are a lot of Missing Variables.

F

Face plant

Because of unknown soil consistency between bags which can be extreme if not mixed properly. You guys rock I need to give this information so it don't anger my friend, so I'm listening and sharing carefully.

Polar510

Polar510

Right on!
Also have him order a ppm meter and ph meter if he can, both those are important tools.

F

Face plant

Right on!
Also have him order a ppm meter and ph meter if he can, both those are important tools.
Oh I know, I tried growing in water my my first grow built everything my self with out equipment. Overnight disaster.

Polar510

Polar510

That always a good thing. The plants use a lot of energy during flower that's when most people see deficiency's. So You want them as healthy as possible from the start of flower.
Also keep in mind they will almost double the height in flower during the 2-3 week stretch. So if there are height restrictions keep that in mind.

F

Face plant

I see possible over watering (or drainage issues) and a nitrogen toxicity.
But without knowing ANY variables a guess is all it would be.
If You care to give More details it would be easier to figure out whats going on:)
I also pass in putting a few holes in the bottoms if containers that's a easy suggestion.

F

Face plant

That always a good thing. The plants use a lot of energy during flower that's when most people see deficiency's. So You want them as healthy as possible from the start of flower.
Also keep in mind they will almost double the height in flower during the 2-3 week stretch. So if there are height restrictions keep that in mind.
Thanks Polar.

Top Bottom