What's Wrong With My Plant ? Take A Look

• Thread starter NoobAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NoobAF

NoobAF

Hey guys , This is my first grow.
My plant's leafs suddenly started to curl down, I did some researches ,most articles say it's either over watering or Nitrogen toxicity, what do you think ?
I think (not sure), I am not over watering it .

Thumbnail img 5873
Thumbnail img 5874
NoobAF

NoobAF

How big is your pot? How far down is the soil dry when you're watering?
Height : 12 cm (4.7 inch)
width(average) : 8.5 cm (3.3 inch) .
actually i just randomly water every three days , i don't check the soil.

NoobAF

NoobAF

oh sorry I thought you said my plant, my pot is about 3-4 gallons

NoobAF

NoobAF

With a plant that small, in 4 gallons of soil and watering every 3 days? I would say over watering.
Curious what the temps are also, could be cold roots also.
you can say 15-25 C (59-77 F)

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

So guys what do you think I should do for now ?
I'd say give it just a lil bit of water right at the roots. My guess would be your plant hasn't had a chance to get rooted all the way and used up all the water directly next to the roots

NoobAF

NoobAF

Are you running soil or coco? Need more info. Temps seem on the cold side. Cold even be colder in the soil area.

Soil, last time watered was yesterday (it became like this after my last watering)

NoobAF

NoobAF

I'd say give it just a lil bit of water right at the roots. My guess would be your plant hasn't had a chance to get rooted all the way and used up all the water directly next to the roots

Thanks for the reply man, I already changed the pot yesterday and gave it some water.
I think I will wait for tomorrow to see what happens before another watering

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Thanks for the reply man, I already changed the pot yesterday and gave it some water.
I think I will wait for tomorrow to see what happens before another watering
Yep if it happened right after you watered it's way, way over watered then. Like your prob not going to have to water for a week overwatered

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What kind of soil is it?
That thing looks oxygen deprived. Way overwatered but that doesn’t mean you are watering too much. It means the roots are sitting in stagnant water that isn’t draining correctly and has been depleted of all oxygen
How is the aeration in that soil? I’m guessing not great? It shouldn’t ever be waterlogged even when fully saturated

Underwatered?? I don’t know about that.

NoobAF

NoobAF

What kind of soil is it?
That thing looks oxygen deprived. Way overwatered but that doesn’t mean you are watering too much. It means the roots are sitting in stagnant water that isn’t draining correctly and has been depleted of all oxygen
How is the aeration in that soil? I’m guessing not great? It shouldn’t ever be waterlogged even when fully saturated

Underwatered?? I don’t know about that.

Before I changed the pot to a bigger one I used a soil that I purchased (I don't know its type), but it worked fine.
after I changed the pot yesterday I mixed some of that soil with some shitty red soil from our backyard.
So you are probably right about the aeration, how can I solve this ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im going over watered,in soil you dont really wont a runoff,if you have runoff your washing all the life out the pot,a plant that small shouldnt be more than a cup of water every 4 or 5 days,here a tip that will help you more than you think,go to amazon garden and get you a moisture probe,comes with moisture ,ph,sunlight,keep the moisture level bettween 45 and 65% and your gold friend,my plants are right at 12in tall and i water them about every 7 days,if you continue to overwater,the bugs are gonna enter your life,and knat are a bitch,not to mention root rot,at the stage your at you shouldnt be adding nutrients either,that some fine black soil there and it is rich in nutrients on it own if you dig judging when to water can be confusing at times,here another tip,take same size pot your using ,fill same depth with the soil your using,take the empty pot and lean it towards you,then take your watered plant and do the same,you will feel the difrence

NoobAF

NoobAF

im going over watered,in soil you dont really wont a runoff,if you have runoff your washing all the life out the pot,a plant that small shouldnt be more than a cup of water every 4 or 5 days,here a tip that will help you more than you think,go to amazon garden and get you a moisture probe,comes with moisture ,ph,sunlight,keep the moisture level bettween 45 and 65% and your gold friend,my plants are right at 12in tall and i water them about every 7 days,if you continue to overwater,the bugs are gonna enter your life,and knat are a bitch,not to mention root rot,at the stage your at you shouldnt be adding nutrients either,that some fine black soil there and it is rich in nutrients on it own if you dig judging when to water can be confusing at times,here another tip,take same size pot your using ,fill same depth with the soil your using,take the empty pot and lean it towards you,then take your watered plant and do the same,you will feel the difrence

Thanks man !! I would consider all of what you said !

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks man !! I would consider all of what you said !
soil only come compacted when you water to much or press on it,just remember not to runoff if you can,what line nutrients really determine that,im organic and dont get salt buildup,keep life in the soil and all you do is replant in same pot when you harvest,,look into korean natraul farming ,might be something there you would be interested in

Top Bottom