Whats Your Favourite Way To Collect Kif?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Harbor freight has a cheap palm sander about 20.00

I'd use new vs new with who know what particles that may contaminate your kief.

Graywolf at SPR (I dont type their name out any longer) made a keif box with a palm sander
I saw it. He actually posted it on this thread. Badass little thing.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I miss communicated. I was wondering what everybody does with the bulk bud/trim material once it's processed. You now have keif and material that has less but probably a few glands on it. Decarb and make butter? Anybody make tea?

I usually extract the rest of the concentrate from the material using QWET or BHO techniques.

Freshone

Freshone

I used a old coffee can. Cut the center out of the plastic lid. Almost completely to the outer edge. Left enough of the lid to snap back on and seal the can. I cut up a handful of dried out bud and placed it in the can. I stretched a piece of 110 silk mesh across the opening and secured it with the ring I just cut. Snapped in place perfectly and kept the mesh taunt. Turned upside down and shook it over a piece of glass. Did well for a first experiment. Lol.
Pretty smart idea,is that the silk mesh from joannes?I told my old lady next time she goes there i want to go,she just looked at me like WTF is wrong with you?lol.Would also work good with a mason jar with just the ring.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Pretty smart idea,is that the silk mesh from joannes?I told my old lady next time she goes there i want to go,she just looked at me like WTF is wrong with you?lol.Would also work good with a mason jar with just the ring.
Mason jar sounds good too. Be careful. Glass+shaking+stoner=occasional mishap! Lol. The mesh I bought online. Yards of it. I plan on making a few small kif boxes to sell, as well as a larger set of screens for a mechanical apparatus that'll shake the hell outta the trays. Similar to the badass beast @Graywolf made. I stretched a 110 mesh on a frame this weekend. Nice little bounty of kif.

gwheels

gwheels

One time a friend gave me 2 garbage bags of trim. I got the smallest piece of silk screen material i could find (1 square yard i think). I had a costco potato salad container that was for 5 pounds of potato salad. I had a bunch of dice from gaming and a bunch of clean ball bearings about 1/2 inch in diam. put it all in there and used giant elastic bands to secure a piece of silk screen on the tub. Shook the crap out of it over a big glass picture frame that was clean and was amazed how much kief i got. I was high for months from it. :D And the taste was great. Northern lights kief.

Geeze that was about 10 years ago lol

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I usually test with a variety of mesh sizes for a particular strain - One size will yield the bulk however if I get any other sizes that produce enough, the characteristics between the different sifts is amazing. One may be a couch-lock and another is way less so. I've had some strains yield best at 160 and others at 90 or 120.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I miss communicated. I was wondering what everybody does with the bulk bud/trim material once it's processed. You now have keif and material that has less but probably a few glands on it. Decarb and make butter? Anybody make tea?

We extract the rest by other means. Usually vegetable oil, BHO, or QWET.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

We extract the rest by other means. Usually vegetable oil, BHO, or QWET.
I processed about 5 oz of dried flower material and trim. Broke up and sifted on a 110 screen. Didn't weigh the kif. But I have a nice little bit. Used 50 g of material to make 4 lbs butter. Very good stuff. Half a tblspn on toast, to the Moon for a few hours. Two batches of brownies. Three pounds of butter in the freezer and 3.5 ounces of ground up material I'm gonna freeze and sift one more time before making a tincture for some gummies/candies.

S

stemznseedz

NickyNuggs I was hoping to ask you about the Tom's Tumble Trimmer. I've been interested in an unbias review and a few closer pics because the TTT a thousand dollars + for a piece of mesh. But, after looking at how you've spoken about it here, how you only have 11 posts, 10 on this thread where you mention "TTT" every post and one post you dedicate a paragraph to the "TTT" and slandering 'bladed' trimmers I can't justify asking you. If you are not Tom you work for him.

S

stemznseedz

Cool man if I'm wrong I'm wrong. can you take two pictures of the mesh with a ruler next to it one pic with the ruler running each way so i can pinpoint the magical mesh size and order some for $20 and make a frame from a garbage can and i'll even throw a motor on it and it will work 100% as good for 1/10 the cost?

S

stemznseedz

it's off the shelf mesh I'm 100% positive. the frame may be custom but the frame doesn't do any of the work.

Top Bottom